Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 

My Favourite Attar

You have contributed 2.6% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
umar123, abu mohammed, Taalibah
Rank Image
Servant.Of.Allah's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
654
Brother
571
Servant.Of.Allah's avatar
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 19:06
As Salamu Alaikum respected elders, brothers,

Please share your favorite Attar/Itr's name with its specialty.


report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,600
Brother
9,607
abu mohammed's avatar
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 19:22
3 weeks ago I was going to start a thread on "My favourite fragrance" then opted out because I feared the sisters would take part and things could lead the wrong way. But itr/Attar is an excellent way of doing it. In fact just a few minutes ago I had the same thought as my daughter said y hand smelt nice but different. (some guy at the mosque wiped his bottle over my hand, couldn't refuse either due to the Sunnah.)

Not much of a fan of itr, but love Bakhoor and oudh bakhoor.

Otherwise, for me it's copies of original fragrances or the original fragrance itself.

Got plenty and had then for years, just don't seem to finish.

My all time favourite is a copy of Opium by YSL. I have never come across the same type ever again, all rubbish. I still have mine and its over 15 years old. I just need to touch the lid and the smell lasts for days after wiping it on my clothes. But I still have the original opium eua de parfum, awesome.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,241
Brother
1,935
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 19:42
Quote:
I still have mine and its over 15 years old. I just need to touch the lid and the smell lasts for days after wiping it on my clothes.


:O
That kinda stuff exists? Tell me more. Post a snap.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Servant.Of.Allah's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
654
Brother
571
Servant.Of.Allah's avatar
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 19:56
Nowadays local sellers in India, dilute the attar for earning money.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,600
Brother
9,607
abu mohammed's avatar
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 20:49
umar123 wrote:
View original post

My friend got it delivered from Pakistan, Darul ifta, Nazimabad I believe from Mufti Rasheed Ahmed Ludhyanvi's students (i doubt he would've sent it).

He had tons of bottles. Alhumdulillah he filled a small bottle for me and I've had it since 1995.

The perfume is so old and thick, that the roller has been made stiff. So all I need to do without shaking the bottle, is put my thumb/palm/finger on the roller and that's it. The smell stays for ages.

In fact once I had out it on my topi/hat which was made of leather and six months later, my cousin came and asked what the fragrance was that I was using, I took my hat off and gave it to him and told him it was opium that I had put on there 6 months ago.

Beautiful, MashaAllah.

My wife loves it to bits too, so I have to be careful when I wear it.....
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,600
Brother
9,607
abu mohammed's avatar
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 20:51
Oh man, this is in the SF section, I can't upload attachments.

Let me find a work around.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,600
Brother
9,607
abu mohammed's avatar
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 20:57





Original
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Daywalk3r's avatar
Offline
UK
1,433
Brother
692
Daywalk3r's avatar
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 20:59
i usually like/wear the light fragrances...CK one, CK Be, Fahrenheit.

fragrances aside would spraying only deodorant also fulfil the sunnah ?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,994
Brother
366
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 21:13
Don't know anything about these so whatever is available.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,600
Brother
9,607
abu mohammed's avatar
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 21:14
I think the purpose is to beautify yourself with a fragrance, but I can't answer your question Daywalk3r.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,994
Brother
366
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 21:29
Why is this in the SF section? Should be moved....
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
331
Brother
304
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 8th March 2014 03:56
I like
1. Ood
2. Pure rose oil attar
3. Khas
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Tafseer's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
110
Brother
49
Tafseer's avatar
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 8th March 2014 08:51
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post


If you like bukhoor fragrances, then you ought to try

Ghroob by Arabian Oud.

www.oudcorner.com/Ghroob
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,600
Brother
9,607
abu mohammed's avatar
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 8th March 2014 11:12
I have plenty of different ouds but not all of them the itr type. Most are designer fragrances from reputable stores in London.

Oudh has become more of a fashion in London.

I was once having my hair cut and a couple of French guys came in the shop to sell their bottles, they smelt very nice and were very expensive too.

Places like Selfridges, Harrods etc, they sell Oudh for a lot of money. Also, the "Arabian Oudh" shop in London's Oxford street and some shopping malls has made oudh even more popular.

The best deal I got was �6 for a 100ml bottle of Oudh from another high street store called Beauty Base (Pakistani owner) but sells all original fragrances.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
xs11ax's avatar
Unspecified
3,243
Brother
2,561
xs11ax's avatar
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 8th March 2014 11:39
salaam

i have always wondered if it is justified spending HUGE amounts of money on specialist ittars and then claiming it is for the sunnah. i know of people who travel to different countries in order to seek out certain strains of ittar - and people who have an ittar collection but never actually use the ittar as it is too expensive! isnt this extravagance?
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
back to top