Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

A Miracle Called YOU.

You have contributed 5.6% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
AishaZaynap, abu mohammed, Arslan., Maria al-Qibtiyya, Yasin, Naqshband66, Taalibah, the fake shaykh
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 10th June 2014 22:51
I found out without using Google. I swear. And I couldn't believe how long it's been since I last saw Yahoo. I can't believe it still exists. :)
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2014 02:18
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

It was a Viva voce question back in 1 Yr MBBS, kind of favourite with some.. and the answer was Soleus.
Yes, it increases the venous return to the heart while walking.
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2014 05:57
dr76 wrote:
View original post

You are referring to "Heart-Brain" ?

I wonder if it is a simple 'autonomic nerve supply' thing to heart ( blown out of proportion ).....or our heart truly has a separate brain commanding the brain inside the 'skull'.One thing is sure though,the 'Mukhatib' of religion is heart in addition to brain...but mostly heart,so it will not be surprising that heart should have a brain of its own :)

If our heart truly has a brain,I guess,it will not be made of nerve bodies,neutrons or ganglia etc....it will be more 'nafees' in its nature....May be made of some so far 'unknown material',would serve to act as 'the centre of intention' in the body ( in other words 'centre of Irada')....and we may find similar and even more sophisticated brains in other 'lataif' .....I wish brother London 786 start a research on this topic instead of wasting his energies on 'who was mureed of whom' type of non- issues.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2014 07:48
Guest-229317 wrote:
View original post

There was a documentary on the heart, it was really amazing, through experiments they stated that the heart had a brain of it's own, as it was effected by emotions and feelings, and it was able to react on it's own depending on it's state and condition, even before any signal from the brain reached it. It was explaining how heart attacks etc, were influenced by emotions and environmental factors.

Reminded me of a time when there was a young couple living on our road, the husband died, the young girl didn't take it very well, she would stay out on the street and sleep in the car. A week later she was found dead in the car, our street was cordoned off, the investigation took a long time as they couldn't find the cause of death. The story made the local papers and it was concluded that the girl died of a 'broken heart'.

(Yes i know we believe in fate)
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2014 09:58
So i was googling amazing facts related to the human body, and i came across this -:

''The Human Mouth Produces Enough Saliva in a Lifetime to Fill 2 Swimming Pools''

I almost had a (peripheral) heart attack trying to visualize that *yuck*. I wonder how true it is.

Rank Image
London
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2014 10:00
mmb786 wrote:
View original post

Personally, I don't see how that would not be true.

Try to imagine it the other way round where there would have been no saliva. There would be no chance of feeling sick.

Alhumdulillah to all of Allah's great bounties
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2014 10:57
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

True. Very great blessing, alhamdulillah...
But TWO swimming pools??!!!
Maybe it is true, but somehow i doubt it!

Edit: Maybe they mean a swimming pool like this:

And im thinking about a swimming pool like this:
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2014 18:16
Guest-229317 wrote:
View original post

Well i meant the Soleus by Peripheral heart.. but u hint upon an interesting discussion sir..

Found something interesting in Dalael us Sulook P:27-28:

Qalb - the Focal Point of Responsibility

The entrusting of responsibility is subject to the possession of sense and perception as described in the Qur-an:

Lo! the hearing and the sight and the heart of each of these will be questioned.

(17:36)

(Here, the hearing and the sight are linked with the heart because these act as aids to its perception.)

And they say, 'Had we been accustomed to listen or had sense, we would not have
been among the dwellers of the Flames.
(67: 10)

(This lamentation of the dwellers of the Fire shows that the heart possesses sense and that the entrusting of responsibility demands sense.)

Wisdom lies in the Heart

And they have hearts wherewith to perceive. (22:46)

The Seat of Piety is the Heart

Those are they whose hearts ALLAH has proven into piety. (49:3)

The Addressee and the Recipient of Revelation is the Heart

For He it is Who has revealed (this scripture) to your heart. (2:97)

This proves that in reality the addressee is the heart, the perceiving and commanding master. All other body organs are subservient to it.

And lo! it is a revelation of the Rabb of the worlds, which the True Spirit has brought down upon your heart that you may be (one) of the warners. (26:192-194)

Lo! therein truly is a reminder for him who has a heart. (50:37)

Reckoning Dependent on the Deeds of the Heart

But He will take to task for that which your hearts have done. (2:225)

Dissonance of Knowledge and Perception has a Direct Reference to the Heart

ALLAH has sealed their hearts... (2:7)

And they say our hearts are hardened... (2:88)

Having hearts wherewith they understand not... (7: 179)

It also proves that the seat of ignorance and heedlessness is the heart.

No, there is rust on their hearts. .. (83:14)

Note: These Qur-anic verses prove that the heart is the trustee of revelation and Prophethood, the secrets of Divinity and Shari'ah and is a custodian of the secrets of the Unseen. It is a treasure which cannot be robbed by forces of intellect. It is the heart which is the treasure house of ALLAH's effulgence, wilayah, kashf and ilham.

The heart becomes blind and deaf because of sins, but these maladies are cured through the treatment of a spiritual guide, who can turn an ailing heart into a whole heart. And it is this whole heart which leads to salvation in the Hereafter.

The day when wealth and sons avail not (any man) save him who brings to ALLAH a whole heart. (26:88-89)

Every human being has one heart, the focal point of Divine manifestations. That is why ALLAH does not approve of any alien control of it. When the heart becomes the abode of the Divine Effulgence the spiritual ailments depart abased.

Lo! kings, when they enter a township, ruin it and make the honour of its people shame. (27:34)

Therefore when the heart is fully reformed, its discursive impulses depart and a wali exclaims:

Will not ALLAH suffice as a friend to (defend) His slave. (39:36)

The Whole Heart ( The Qalb e Saleem)

There are two conditions for it:

(1) Freedom from Ailments : These are described by the Qur-an as infidelity, polytheism, incredulity and sensuality. The sole method to remedy these maladies is to seek treatment of a spiritual mentor.

(2) Wholesome Food : Just as the physical health and vigour of the human body depends on wholesome food, so does the health of the heart, (though the type of food differs in each case). The wholesome food for hearts prescribed by the Qur'an is:

Truly in ALLAH's zikr do hearts find peace. (13:28)

END

+9 -0Like x 2Winner x 7
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 12th June 2014 05:26
MashaAllah,what a great post !

May Allah swt put further baraka in your knowledge,your wisdom and your whole life...and make you amongst those who are blessed with 'Qalb e Saleem' ( The whole heart ). Ameen !
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 13th June 2014 14:39
Guest-229317 wrote:
View original post

Here is very beneficial post from Sir London many moons back..

(bism1)

The 5 senses and their use

" The feeding lines to our brain ( and therefore nafs) are our five senses ie vision hearing,smell,taste and touch.The most dangerous of it being our visual sensations as they not only gives pleasure but print it in picture on our mind there upon further occupying our brain. That all the senses are being partly an illusion is beyond doubt. Therefore to keep one's mind clear, one has to gain control of and then learning to think beyond senses. Hazrat Moulana Rumi رحمة الله عليه says:

"Chishm band o gosh band o lab be band
Gar na beeni noore haq bar man be khand"

Meaning: close your eyes,plug your ears,keep your mouth shut, if you still don't see the light of truth,then laugh at my advice.

In other words,keep your eyes close from na mahram, keep your ears close to the things against shariat,like music,gheebat etc....and shut your mouth from talking too much,specially all the verbal sins; and then surely you must see the truth.

Eyes being the most important sense of perception.

The above was the detail of Nazar ba qadam.

Hosh dar dam is equally important.The mind which is fed by perceptions then makes images out of these perceptions. It makes the perception of the future and the past and keeps one occupied in constant talking to one's own nafs....therefore stopping it from pure concentration towards Allah سبحانه وتعالى.

This might seem strange to you,but just think for a while......if we were born without our senses,we would not hear and so would not learn how to talk; We would not see,and therefore the world would be out of our imagination; We would not touch,and therefore we would not know soft from hard,hot from cold etc; We would not even dream....as dream needs symbols,which our mind can not provide without senses.We would not know our name,our parents,our sorroundings.As there would be no CV to fill the gaps,being devoid of any memory,we would not have a past....and as we would not have an identity we would not think about future.

I hope you understand now.....that we are nothing without perceptions......and perceptions are created by senses.....so we are our senses,unless we learn to control them.For its control we need to bring our mind to the basal 'Non-thinking' level....which is achieved by keeping our constant attention attached to one task,the best task being our breathing filled with zikr, therefore the importance of pase anfas........! "

Source:

Yes he should keep posting instead of roaming around Mount Qaf.. ;-)
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 13th June 2014 14:52
Guest-229317 wrote:
View original post

what can be said. I am struggling on lataif myself. I have not even explored them properly....make dua things open up so I can do research....but I am hardly a man of research. Leave research to muadh khan and dr76.
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2014 01:57
Quote:
''The Human Mouth Produces Enough Saliva in a Lifetime to Fill 2 Swimming Pools.''

This narration is dhaeef due to following reasons:

1. The main narrator "Google" is well known for transmitting from both trustworthy and doubtful sources.

2. Lifetime has not been specified i.e. whose lifetime it is- a child? Or teenager? Or adult? Or old?

3. Gender of the human has not been mentioned. Women like to eat prickles and sour items which produce more saliva than usual, but men don't.

4. (It has been mentioned by sister mmb786) Size, shape, depth of the swimming pools are totally ignored in the information.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd September 2014 13:13
A true story illustrating the POWER OF THE MIND

As reported by Bruno Klopfer in the Journal of Projective Techniques in 1957, Dr. West was treating Mr. Wright, who had an advanced cancer called lymphosarcoma. All treatments had failed, and time was running out. Mr. Wright’s neck, chest, abdomen, armpits, and groin were filled with tumors the size of oranges, his spleen and liver were enlarged, and his cancer was causing his chest to fill up with two quarts of milky fluid every day, which had to be drained in order for him to breathe. Dr. West didn’t expect him to last a week.

But Mr. Wright desperately wanted to live, and he hung his hope on a promising new drug called Krebiozen. He begged his doctor to treat him with the new drug, but the drug was only being offered in clinical trials to people who were believed to have at least three months left to live. Mr. Wright was too sick to qualify.

But Mr. Wright didn’t give up. Knowing the drug existed and believing the drug would be his miracle cure, he pestered his doc until Dr. West reluctantly gave in and injected him with Krebiozen on a Friday.

To his utter shock, the following Monday, Dr. West found his patient walking around out of bed. Mr. Wright’s “tumor masses had melted like snowballs on a hot stove” and were half their original size. Ten days after the first dose of Krebiozen, Mr. Wright left the hospital, apparently cancer free.

Mr. Wright was rockin’ and rollin,’ praising Krebiozen as a miracle drug for two months until the scientific literature began reporting that Krebiozen didn’t seem to be effective. Mr. Wright, who trusted what he read in the literature, fell into a deep depression, and his cancer came back.

This time, Dr. West, who genuinely wanted to help save his patient, decided to get sneaky. He told Mr. Wright—that some of the initial supplies of the drug had deteriorated during shipping, making them less effective, but that he scored a new batch of highly concentrated, ultra-pure Krebiozen, which he could give him. (Of course, this was a bold-faced lie.)

Dr. West then injected Mr. Wright with nothing but distilled water. And a seemingly miraculous thing happened—again. The tumors melted away, the fluid in his chest disappeared, and Mr. Wright was feeling great again for another two months.

Then the American Medical Association blew it by announcing that a nationwide study of Krebiozen proved that the drug was utterly worthless. This time, Mr. Wright lost all faith in his treatment. His cancer came right back, and he died two days later.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd September 2014 17:59
‘Telepathy’ experiment sends 1st mental message

"Technology can be used to transmit information from one person’s brain to another"

Washington: For the first time, scientists have been able to send a simple mental message from one person to another without any contact between the two, thousands of miles apart in India and France.

Research led by experts at Harvard University shows technology can be used to transmit information from one person’s brain to another’s even, as in this case, if they are thousands of miles away.

“It is kind of technological realisation of the dream of telepathy, but it is definitely not magical,” Giulio Ruffini, a theoretical physicist and co-author of the research, told AFP by phone from Barcelona.

“We are using technology to interact electromagnetically with the brain.”

For the experiment, one person wearing a wireless, internet-linked electroencephalogram or EEG would think a simple greeting, like “hola,” or “ciao.”

A computer translated the words into digital binary code, presented by a series of 1s or 0s.
Then, this message was emailed from India to France, and delivered via robot to the receiver, who through non-invasive brain stimulation could see flashes of light in their peripheral vision.

The subjects receiving the message did not hear or see the words themselves, but were correctly able to report the flashes of light that corresponded to the message.

“We wanted to find out if one could communicate directly between two people by reading out the brain activity from one person and injecting brain activity into the second person, and do so across great physical distances by leveraging existing communication pathways,” said co-author Alvaro Pascual-Leone, professor of neurology at Harvard Medical School.

“One such pathway is, of course, the internet, so our question became, ‘Could we develop an experiment that would bypass the talking or typing part of internet and establish direct brain-to-brain communication between subjects located far away from each other in India and France?’”

Ruffini added that extra care was taken to make sure no sensory information got in the way that could have influenced the interpretation of the message.

Researchers have been attempting to send a message from person to person this way for about a decade, and the proof of principle that was reported in the journal PLOS ONE is still rudimentary, he said.
“We hope that in the longer term this could radically change the way we communicate with each other,” Ruffini said.

Gulfnews
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd September 2014 18:03
Miracle Girl: Nandana has access to mother’s memory

9-year-old autistic child can feel her mother’s emotions and read her thoughts

It could be a miracle that went unnoticed for a couple of years, say the parents of a nine-year-old autistic child who is showing an extraordinary ability to read her mother’s mind.

Indian girl Nandana’s parents said they noticed the “unusual coincidence” of her reactions to her mother’s thoughts a few months ago. However, when they realised that it was more than a mere coincidence, they could recollect that the child had begun exhibiting the behaviour a couple of years back.

“We don’t know how this is happening. But, she can feel my emotions and read my thoughts,” said Nandana’s mother, Sandhya.

“I used to feel strange when she would come to me and say the name of the food I was thinking of preparing for her. The same way, if my husband and I had decided to take her somewhere, she would know about it without being told about it and would start reacting to it.”

Sandhya said the understanding power of the child, who was found to be autistic when she was one and a half years old, saw drastic changes in the last couple of years.

“Initially, it was very difficult for me to teach her even the concept of some objects. I had to really struggle to make her understand a cup is a cup. It took about a month for her to grasp it. But, these days it is very easy to make her learn something. She is good at Maths. But sometimes I feel when she does her class work it is because I am thinking about it that she is able to do it so fast.”

Sandhya is not like an ordinary mother looking after a child with special needs. In two years, after she realised her daughter was autistic, she did a certificate course in Applied Behaviour Analysis and a post-graduate diploma in Community-Based Rehabilitation from Bangalore University in India. She is also the shadow teacher of Nandana, a grade 3 student in a mainstream school in Sharjah, which Sandhya says has extended very good support to her daughter.

Nandana was initially diagnosed as a highly functioning child with autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) and attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome (ADHD). During her routine clinical assessment sessions, she has shown very good improvement.

“Now I strongly doubt that it was because of my presence with her that she was doing very well during assessment in the past two-three years. She used to answer questions so intelligently that was not expected of a child with her disability level or of her age. I think it was because the answers were in my mind that she was able to do so.”

When Sandhya understood that her child was actually able to read her mind, she informed her husband, Unnikrishnan: “I couldn’t believe it myself when I started realising that it is true. But, Nandana is able to read only her mother’s mind, not mine,” he said.

continue reading..