Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Reciting Durood

Jump to page:

You have contributed 15.8% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, abu mohammed, Yasin, Naqshband66, AishaZaynap, Acacia, Servant.Of.Allah
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 6th December 2013 07:22
It is Jummah we know the many virtues of reciting durood on Jummah, I thought to help facilitate this for myself first and foremost and for anyone else who wants to take on this blessed practice by putting a durood combination here which helps me recite durood easily and quickly and if Allah swt wills it may also come to be beneficial for others too. The way I would utilize this is recite Durood (1) 3x and then recite Durood (2) 30x and insha'Allah in this manner quite easily recite 100, 300, 1000 durood. Give it a try, I think we can set aside some 5-10-15 minutes from our o-so-very-busy day to practice this great and unique commandment of Allah swt.

Request for your duas please for myself and for the safe return of my friend Dr.Amjad Taqeem and for safety of ALL Muslims, for our Mashaikh (scholars/ulama), for the protection of our Masajid and our religious institutions, ameen.

Durood.AbdikaRasulikaNabiyyilUmmi.Combo.jpg
Downloads: 19155
    [40.29 kB]
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Ameen x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 6th December 2013 08:53
Rasulullah (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) said:

"Confer Salaah (Durood) upon me excessively each Friday; the one who confers the most Salaah will be closest to me."
(Baihaqi)

"Confer Salaah (Durood) increasingly upon me, during the day of Jumu`ah and during the eve of Jumu`ah. Whosoever does so, I will be his witness or I will intercede for him on the Day of Qiyaamah."
(Baihaqi)

"The one who confers 1000 Durood upon me in one day, he will not die until he is given the glad-tidings of Jannah."
(Kanzul Ummaal)
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 6th December 2013 08:56
+2 -0Like x 2
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2013 07:01
At a decent speed with correct tajweed and understanding of the words 100 can be done in 3 mins inshaAllah.
+0 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2013 09:23
Reciting durood is a UNIQUE commandment of Allah swt unlike any other, why?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2013 09:33
FususAlHikam wrote:
View original post

because:

It shows His love for His Rasool sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam

It shows the high status of Rasoolullaah sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam amongst all the Prophets

It is a means for His beloved's Ummatis (us) to earn rewards, stages, forgiveness

...just thoughts which entered the heart on seeing the question. It is not from any book

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2013 09:37

Along the lines yes, but there is more:

lovedurood.com/2013/09/26/basics-of-durood-understanding-...

Basics of Durood - Understanding The Commandment of Durood

The Commandments of Allah

Allah swt has given us many different commandments in the Holy Quran. One example of these commandments is the commandment to establish salaah, another is to pay the zakaah. Allah swt says in Surah Baqarah:

c00022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/2_43.png

In the above commandment from Surah Baqara ayah 43, Allah swt commands, "And establish prayer and give zakah and bow with those who bow [in worship and obedience]." In the above ayah Allah swt has not simply told us, "Pray, pray however you want to pray, in any etiquette in any manner in any way" but rather He has said, "Establish prayer." The Ulama Mufasireen, those scholars who were experts of Quran commentary, have written quite a lot on the meaning of the word "establish" that Allah swt used to command us to pray. Similarly, Allah swt has ordered us to fast in ayah 183 of Surah Baqara in these words:

c00022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/2_183.png

Allah swt says in the above ayah, "O you who believe, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may get taqwa (fear of Allah swt)." Similarly other commandments were revealed throughout the Holy Quran.

Though Allah swt has commanded us to pray, no where in the Holy Quran does He mention that He prays. Though Allah swt commanded us to give zakat but no where in the Holy Quran has He affirmed that He Himself gives zakaat. Though Allah swt has commanded us to fast no where does He affirm that He Himself fasts.

The Unique Command of Durood

There is one such commandment in the Holy Quran, unique and unlike any other, in which Allah swt categorically affirms His own participation in. It is the command of durood, as Allah swt says,

c00022506.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/33_56.png

In the above ayah in Surah 33 ayah 56, Allah swt commands us to send salawaat, durood, salutations of peace and blessings of Allah upon Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam by saying, "Verily, Allah and His angels recite salaat on the Nabi, O you who believe call for Allah's blessings on him and greet him saying peace be unto you." This commandment is unique unlike any other ayah of the Holy Quran because in this ayah Allah swt first establishes that He Himself and also His angels participate in this act. Notice how this ayah begins:

Allah swt says, "Verily, Allah and His angels...". Allah swt begins the commandment by using a word of emphasis, "inna", as if to say, "Surely," as if to say, "Verily," this word is used to indicate a strong emphasis. Continue on with the ayah and you will find something amazing which you will not find in any other commandment. Allah swt continues on to affirm that He Himself takes part in this work. For Allah swt to command the believers to do something is one thing and for Him to first affirm His own participation and the participation of His angels and then command the believers to join in the work shows the greatness and virtue of that action. There is no other commandment in the Holy Quran in which Allah swt affirms His own participation.

Continuous and Forever, Never Ending

In this unique injunction, commandment, Allah swt uses a verb which is in the present tense indicating a continuous and perpetual action. This means that this action is something which is being carried out now and always, meaning, it is a certainty that Allah swt and His angels continuously recite "salaat" on the Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam at all times, now and forever. it is such a thing which never ceases! (Allama Sakhaawi ra)

Here it is important to understand that the word "salaat" has various meanings and one has to note the context in which the word "salaat" is used to find the most appropriate meaning of its usage in that instance.

The Meaning of Allah's Participation In This Deed

What is meant by Allah swt affirming His own participation in sending "salaat" is that, "According to some Ulama, the meaning of Allah's mercy on the Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam is that Allah causes him to reach the Maqam Al Mahmood, the rank of intercession on behalf of his ummah." (Ruhul Bayaan)

Another meaning of Allah swt affirming His own participation in sending "salaat" is that, "Allah swt honors Rasoolullah salallaho alayhi wa sallam with loving kindness and affection." (Fazail Salaat Alan Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam, Shaikh Zakariyyah ra)

Another meaning of Allah swt affirming His own participation in sending "salaat" is found in a hadith quoted by Imam Bukhari رضي الله عنه which he reports from Abul Aaliya رضي الله عنه which means, "is praise for Rasoolullah salallaho alayhi wa sallam in the presence of the angels."

Hazrath Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه in his commentary of the above ayah says it means, "Pray for blessings."

Ibn Hajar رضي الله عنه also agrees with the meaning of the narration from Abul Aaliya رضي الله عنه and says that, "Allah's salaat means praise for Rasoolullah salallaho alayhi wa sallam."

Ulama have also said that it means, "Praise and honor together with mercy and loving kindness for him." And that, "the type and kind of honor is dependent upon the person from whom the kindness is coming, meaning that; the honor coming from Allah swt is different than the honor coming from the angels which is different than the honor coming from the believers." (Fazail Salaat Alan Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam) What the Ulama mean here is that Allah swt sends His "salaat" according to the degree and type of love and affection that He has for the Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam, the angels then send "salaat" according to the degree of love and affection and according to the gnosis they have of the position of the Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam and the believers then send "salaat" according to the love and affection and according to the degree of gnosis they have for the Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam.

The Meaning of The Angels Participating In This Deed

The Noble Angels sending "salaat" has one meaning of, "their dua in favor of the Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam for a higher rank." (Ruhul Bayaan)

Imam Bukhari رضي الله عنه narrates a hadith by Abul Aaliya رضي الله عنه in which the meaning of the Noble Angels sending "salaat" means, "their dua for him."

Imam Ibn Hajar رضي الله عنه says that the meaning of the Noble Angels sending "salaat" means, "to beg of Allah for increase in blessing." Meaning, they are continuously asking Allah swt to keep increasing blessings upon the Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam.

Use of "Nabi" - A Sign of Honor of the Holy Prophet salallaho alayhi wa sallam

As if it wasnt enough affirming His own participation in this deed to show the honor and greatness of the Holy Prophet salallaho alayhi wa sallam, another unique attribute of this ayah that the Ulama have highlighted is the use of the word "Nabi". Allah swt has not used the direct name "Muhammad" here though He could have but He uses the word "Nabi" in this command. Ulama have said that this shows the immense love that Allah swt has for the Holy Prophet salallaho alayhi wa sallam and this shows the great rank and status of the Holy Prophet salallaho alayhi wa sallam that Allah swt in this ayah has not used his direct name but used the title "Nabi" salallaho alayhi wa sallam.

The Meaning of The Believers Participation - Salaat and Salaam

Finally, after affirming His own participation in this work and the participation of His angels, and then using the honorary term of "Nabi" salallaho alayhi wa sallam, now Allah swt commands the believers to, "salute him with Allah's blessings and peace" or "ask Allah swt to confer blessing upon him and ask Allah to grant him peace." What great honor it is and what a great favor of Allah swt it is upon the believers to be asked to join along with the angels and with Allah swt in this deed, subhan'Allah!

One meaning of the believers "salaat" is, "Following in his footsteps and expressing love for him." (Ruhul Bayaan)

When this verse was revealed the Companions of the Holy Prophet salallaho alayhi wa sallam said, "Ya Rasoolullah salallaho alayhi wa sallam, we now come to know the manner of reciting salaam on you as we recite in the Tahiyyat:

www.islamilmi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/tahiyyat-dua...

(The underlined portion) "Peace be upon you O Prophet and the mercy of Allah and His blessings." Please show us how to recite salaat upon you." The Holy Prophet salallaho alayhi wa sallam then read the following,

lovedurood.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/01840-duroodibrahi...

The above is commonly known as Durood Ibrahimi, it is the durood that most of us recite in our daily prayers. It translates as following:

"O Allah, shower Your mercy come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad as You showered Your mercy upon Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. Allah, shower Your blessings upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad as You showered Your blessings upon Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious".

Summary and Conclusion

This concludes a basic overall summary of the great and unique commandment of the Holy Quran to send salawaat, durood, upon the Holy Prophet salallaho alayhi wa sallam. We learned the following points about this unique command:
•It is a unique commandment in that Allah swt emphasizes it
•Allah swt first affirms His participation in it
•Allah swt affirms the participation of His angels in it
•Allah swt uses the honorary title of "Nabi" to describe the Holy Prophet salallaho alayhi wa sallam as a sign of his great status and honor
•The believers have been honored and favored by Allah swt to join along with His angels and Himself in carrying out this deed.
•As the present tense verb in this ayah indicates that this is a deed that continuously goes on, forever, it will never cease to occur.

There was a time in the Muslim history when Muslims actively took part in this work in great numbers but it has long since dwindled and almost has died out. As you can clearly see now it is a unique commandment of the Holy Quran, unlike any other, but khateeb today almost never discuss this issue throwing it in the back of the bus and tucking it away to sleep while discussing and arguing furu' issues. When was the last time you heard a khutbah on this topic or heard a complete lecture on this topic? How many Muslims can say they know this issue inside out enough to be able to teach it to someone? May Allah swt first and foremost grant me the honor and favor and the ability to recite durood in the tens of thousands and then may He confer the same upon the reader. May Allah swt overlook any mistakes and shortcomings made in this effort and perfect it by His ithbaat and by His mercy and blessings of His Chosen Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam accept it, with ease, ameen. Note that this is the first part of basic durood post. The blog is open for any and all questions either by utilizing the comments section underneath or by messaging me privately, if I feel the question is beneficial to others I will post it on the blog.

Books Used

While compiling this I used the following books, although I did not take citations from all but they were open to me. Insha'Allah in the future I will give unique and interesting citations from other works as well:
•Fazail e Salaat Alan Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam - Shaikh Zakariyya رضي الله عنه
•Fazail Salaat wa Salaam - Mufti Ashiq Ilahi Bulandshehri رضي الله عنه
•Durood e Shareef Sey Aap Ki Pareyshanioun Ka Hal - Mufti Yusuf Ludhianvi رضي الله عنه
•Nashrut Teeb - Hakeem ul Ummah Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi رضي الله عنه
•Qawlul Badi' - Allama Sakhaawi رضي الله عنه
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2013 10:02
My life passed repeating "salli ala, salli ala",
I will rise on the Field of Hashr saying, "Ya Mustafa, Ya Mustafa!"

--Fasahat Jung Jaleel Manikpuri (my great grandfather)
+8 -0Like x 8
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2013 10:04
Taken from Qawlul Badi' of Imam Sahkhawi رضي الله عنه. The incident goes that the neighbor of Imam Abu Bakr Shibli رضي الله عنه had died and Shibli رضي الله عنه had seen him in a dream and asked him, "How did Allah swt deal with you?" The man responded, "O Shibli, I was in a very bad situation. The angels asked me their question and my tongue was unable to answer. I wondered, did I not die as a Muslim, so why cant I answer? It was revealed to me that because I had a harsh tongue with people (in the world) so that is why my tongue has been stopped from giving answers today as a punishment. I was in this bad condition when suddenly a beautiful man with a beautiful fragrance appeared between the two angels and he was giving me the answers to the questions and I was able to answer. (After I answered) the man was leaving and I said, "May the mercy of Allah be upon you, who are you?" The man said, "I am the physical manifestation of the durood you used to recite in abundance, I have been commanded to come here and help you in your bad time." Sayyiduna Abu Darda ra narrates that the Prophet Muhammad salallaho alayhi wa sallam said, "On the day of judgement I will intercede for the one who recites durood upon me ten times in the morning and ten times in the evening."
qawlul-badi-shibli-neighbor.jpg
Downloads: 690
    [72.93 kB]
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2013 11:03
How scary! A harsh tongue can lead to such a frightful situation!
How wonderful! The same tongue reciting durood leads to salvation!!
+4 -0Like x 2Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 08:35
imagine, person was harsh with his tongue on people at the same time he is someone who did abundant durood.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 08:59
The author of the poem commonly known as Qasida Burda was also very sharp with the tongue. He was a quite poor fellow. Most of his life wasnt like super religious, he was 50/50. He was in a lot of financial troubles, he had major issues with his wife, she was also constantly pregnant which naturally caused more financial hardship. His bread and butter was to write beautiful poems in praise of the kings and prince who would throw a couple of gold coins his way. People on the whole hated him he had a very sharp tongue and was highly critical of everyone - he had to create a lot of drama around him, thats how he made money. If life wasnt already bad one day he had a stroke and was left half paralyzed. In his state of paralysis he composed the poem commonly known as Qasida Burda. That night he saw in his dream Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam put a cloth over him and his paralysis was gone and when he woke his paralysis physically was gone.

Qasida is known to have a lot of blessings if regularly recited.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 09:13
New Week of Dalail ul Khairat Recitation

Join us this week for recitation of Dalail ul Khairat one of the best and most famous compilations of durood. Today begins the Monday chapter insha'Allah.

lovedurood.com/2013/12/09/new-week-of-dalail-recitation-m...

You can listen and follow along with this beautiful recitation only takes about 24 minutes:

youtu.be/Q3t2WPJU6VE

If you dont recite Dalail come give it a try and see how it goes for a few days. You will notice big changes in your life insha'Allah. You will find not only peace and happiness but also you will slowly come more and more on sunnah of the Holy Prophet salallaho alayhi wa sallam.

You will find relief from stress, anxiety and worry. You will even find cure from major drug addictions and major psych problems. Come however you are, even if you do not pray at all, even if you are on the border of belief and fear you will exit Islam, come and join with us do not worry about anything.

No matter what your financial condition, your worldly condition, your spiritual condition, even if you are the biggest adulterer and murderer, do not worry just come and join with us in daily reading and make your announcement of connection to the Holy Prophet salallaho alayhi wa sallam, show your love for the Holy Prophet salallaho alayhi wa sallam and and forge your connection with the Holy Prophet salallaho alayhi wa sallam.

Even if you are a big sinner and drunkard, do not worry about your current condition, all are welcome in the Royal Court of Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam. In a short matter of time, without you even realizing, with or without the means, you will notice your life changing for the better. Come and join with us. All people with hypertension and diabetes are more than welcome also, all people with heart problems and any health problems are all welcome.

Our caravan is the caravan of those who have no one else save Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam. Nabi salallaho alayhi wa sallam is the beloved of Allah and therefore our most strongest and immediate and direct connection to Allah swt. Come and join our caravan.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 09:18
If you are the biggest wali of the time come and join with us to recite and send many durood salawaat on the Holy Prophet salallaho alayhi wa sallam, to gain a more finer and perfect practice. You cannot attain fine perfection without it.

Even if you are a Non Muslim come and join with us in sending salutations upon the Holy Prophet Muhammmad salallaho alayhi wa sallam and you will see great blessings in your worldly life also and if you bring your belief on his prophethood and his mission then you will also gain eternal salvation in the hereafter - a win win.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2013 09:20
Anyone who has any kind of problems come and join with us to recite the Dalail ul Khairat and send many salutations upon the Beloved of Allah swt the Best of the Creation and you will see one by one your problems clearing on their own, the biggest issues will become small.
No post ratings

Jump to page: