Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, Naqshband66, FususAlHikam
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 24th November 2013 01:05
بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم

(salaam)

I saw this elsewhere and thought to post something about it here in hopes that it will elicit your replies insha'Allah. So, when you look at this graph... if I was to ask you the question of whether this is 'true' or 'false' according to your understanding of the world based on your experiences and knowledge, without any definition of the terms or context, or further quantification, how would you respond?

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 24th November 2013 05:42
Masha Allah

Everything that is good for mankind is in Islam.
Sahabas had needs but they just took the basic needs, now we live an advanced life where we start accumulating wealth for 10 generations.
Simplicity is one factor that will bring peace of mind. IMO, if husband and wife live a life for Allah and consider Nabi SAW's sunnah as everything TO DO - there is peace of mind.
+4 -0Like x 1Agree x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 24th November 2013 17:30
Masha'Allah, yes, alhamdulillah!

Simplicity in terms of material items but also more generally in terms of all choices we make. So, you drive along and hit a t-intersection and need to choose - do I go right or do I go left? Obviously it helps to know where you're headed but then it also helps if you've got a system telling you 'turn right at the next t-intersection'. Alhamdulillah, ease and simplicity in guidance all around.

Islam is the achievement of peace through submission. Submission, plain and simple.
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 24th November 2013 17:31
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 24th November 2013 17:35
Insha'Allah I will try to do a write-up of notes on this talk in the next week or so but for now, insha'Allah take a listen to Shaykh Husain Abdul Sattar's brief talk titled:

Islam - Peace Through Submission (Audio link)

The Shaykh's du'aa: "May Allah Ta'aala give us the tawfeeq to be among those who liberate themselves by enslaving themselves to Allah Ta'aala." Ameen.
+2 -0Ameen x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 24th November 2013 17:52
@ Guest: now that we have a bit of a 'definition' in place and quantified the meaning to cover all contexts under that definition, would you still vote false? Curious about your vote... please, do share your thoughts.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 26th November 2013 16:52

بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم

Sister Ummitaalib, insha'Allah you will not mind me sharing this here.

The following short article was initially posted on Al-Haadi and was then shared on hubbeilahi and then made its way to Islamic Teachings and now to Muftisays... and it goes way back to Rasulullah (s.a.w.) and will insha'Allah continue forward... so, where to next? SubhanAllah, alhamdulillah! It is awesome to see how beauty spreads, ripples, reverberates... alhamdulillah.

A Muslim Submits 

Islam is submission.

As Muslims we submit, surrender and hand over ourselves to the Divine command of Allah Ta‘ala and the perfect Sunnah of Nabi (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam).

In our Imaan, we submit and surrender our intelligence and understanding to believe in Allah Ta‘ala and in the unseen, as explained to us by Nabi (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam).

In our Salaah, we submit and surrender our physical limbs and place them down before Allah Ta‘ala.

In fasting we submit and surrender our desire to eat and drink for the pleasure of Allah Ta‘ala.

In Zakaat and qurbaani we submit and surrender our wealth for the pleasure of Allah Ta‘ala.

In Haj we submit and surrender to the command of Allah Ta‘ala by sacrificing our health, wealth, time and homeland; and we present ourselves in the blessed lands in search of the grace and mercy of Allah Ta‘ala.

A Muslim is an embodiment of submission.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2013 09:40
Simplicity simple life best life simplicity in everything dress words food drink. If person becomes accustomed to particulars life can get difficult. Just my opinions.
+1 -0Like x 1