abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#151 [Permalink] Posted on 20th July 2020 02:19
ali wrote:
View original post

Your post was understood perfectly.
The point still stands too much philosophising is not very good.

Leads to the folly of "When in Rome do as the Romans do."

Or what we might call these days the fitnah of American Islam.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#152 [Permalink] Posted on 25th July 2020 15:09
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#153 [Permalink] Posted on 25th July 2020 15:36
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Just to add to this, Farid is also an expert in Tashayyu'.

He's played an integral and vital role in bringing many lay Shia back to the light of Ah lus-Sunnah wa'l-Jamaa'a.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#154 [Permalink] Posted on 25th July 2020 20:00
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

No real explanation as to the damage and confusion caused by him. Or why its taken him several weeks to offer a half-hearted elaboration.

Anyways the following tweet by Farid sums it up.

twitter.com/Farid_0v/status/1286980876740505601?s=20

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#155 [Permalink] Posted on 26th July 2020 06:46
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

Salam.

In my less practicing days, I took Yasir Qadhi's class on (Athari) Aqeedah. I still have the notes. One page they gave us was all cherry-picked quotes with zero context (i.e. "...*something easily misunderstood*..." ) to demonstrate Imam Ghazali, Imam al-Junayd, etc. are all deviants, weird sufis and astray.

It is ironic he is facing this same type of criticism he levelled against Muslim giants.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#156 [Permalink] Posted on 26th July 2020 06:53
View original post

Don't bash philosophy. There is much to benefit there for Muslims (if you avoid the atheism/agnosticism areas of philosophy).

Read sayings of stoics and you'll want to be more zahid. Read virtue ethics you'll help your akhlaaq. Wisdom is the lost camel of the believer.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#157 [Permalink] Posted on 29th July 2020 21:04
Loading tweet
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#158 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2020 11:00
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

Quote:
I find it ironic that people in refutation to Yasir Qadhi are predominantly referencing pseudo/neo madkhali youtubers, who have barely outgrown adolescence, i.e. the likes of Saajid Lipham, Farid Responds, Daniel Haqiqatjou etc. etc. Not to say all there content is bad, but these people would be first in line in condemnation of the Ulemah of Deoband.

I have yet to see a clear cut reference where he has said anything against the Quran and Sunnah. Sure some of his views are contentious and I can see why people have problems with him supporting certain political activist. I also don't really understand his probelm with the "standard narrative" in relation to the preservation of the Quran. However as broyher Rajab said, there is much one can benefit from him. Unlike most Deobandi graduates, he doesn't sugar coat or copy and paste the status quo. He makes you aware of controversial subjects and historical issues and gives a broad range of opinions, which personally allows me to look into these subject matters deeper. In addition, no one comes near to his Seerah, Lives of the Sahaba and Mother of the believers lectures in English.

Those generalising about "celebrity" scholars, as if they know what lies in the hearts of men and women. I neither know his intentions or his motivations for his lectures, but he doesn't come across as an individual with an over inflated ego, but Allah سبحانه وتعالى knows best. Would these people accuse Moulana Tariq Jameel, or Mufti Tariq Masood of the same because of their celebrity status?

I have always been puzzled by this modern day dilemma where very simple looking statement can be made out to be the most horrendous mistake, deviation and contortion.
DawudIsrael wrote:
View original post

Quote:

Salam.

In my less practicing days, I took Yasir Qadhi's class on (Athari) Aqeedah. I still have the notes. One page they gave us was all cherry-picked quotes with zero context (i.e. "...*something easily misunderstood*..." ) to demonstrate Imam Ghazali, Imam al-Junayd, etc. are all deviants, weird sufis and astray.

It is ironic he is facing this same type of criticism he leveled against Muslim giants.

That is informative and captures both the irony and the tragedy.
DawudIsrael wrote:
View original post

Quote:

Don't bash philosophy. There is much to benefit there for Muslims (if you avoid the atheism/agnosticism areas of philosophy).

I have to disagree.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#159 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2020 16:06
Professional Islamaphobes have made Yasir Qadhi their Shaykh of choice.

They are now extracting points from the following lecture and dessiminating it on Social Media to prove how Islam is a backward religion. And has been an obstacle to human progress. Because some Scholars considered many things from Coffeee to Printing Press to Radio etc to be Haram.

youtu.be/jJmrPh2sRuw

Would it be fair to say Dr Yasir Qadhi is an Orientalist influenced Shaykh.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#160 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2020 16:33
View original post

I remember listening to that years ago. Interesting and eye opening lecture. If anyone wants to blame Islam for being "backwards" due to errors, ignorance, or over cautiousness of some scholars, or even differences of opinion among scholars, that is their problem. Let them come to their faulty conslusions.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#161 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2020 18:01
View original post

there is no doubt he is in awe of western academia and civilisation. I guess he developed this love from studying at Yale. In his lectures he always takes digs out islamic academia as if its not held to same scrutiny and standard as western. He also speaks very disrespectfully about the salaf us saliheen calling them medieval and as if they only came up with the stuff they did because they lacked the information we have now
+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#162 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2020 19:32
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Those "Faulty Conclusions" being fed by Yasir Qadhi are causing youth to doubt the Deen. Or leave it completley.

I have spent several weeks looking into the cess pit of anti-muslim polemics. That in it self was a real eye-opener.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#163 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2020 20:40
View original post

My only real exposure to anti muslim polemics was due to the current feuds between ex muslims and Muhammad Hijab, Ali Dawah and Adam Saleh. I hadn't even seen Adam Saleh's name pop up in years. I even wasted some time watching this week watching the drama between Adam Saleh and his buddies over the last few years lol. Quite entertaining. Did you come across Muslim youth leaving the faith because Sh Yasir distanced Islam from the errors of Scholars?

On the other hand Sh Yasir is also criticized for providing different explanations of certain Ayah or Ahadith, or sharing certain different rulings in order to help those youth who are having a crisis of faith.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#164 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2020 21:18
Concerned wrote:
View original post

The question to you is this. When the entire proposition of the Murtads is the Islam is a uncivilised back ward, evil barbaric religion. That should be confined to medieval times. And it is completely at odds with human progress.

And the enemies of Islam are repeating this narrative over and over again. Will it have an impact on the youth. Will that impact be positive or negative, if they are exposed to this erroneous narrative on a regular basis.

Secondly why do you think they are using Yasir Qadhis talks and weaponising them?

From my assessment firstly the Islam haters are totally ignorant. Most of them dont even understand. Arabic especially the Murtads they dont have the ability to research or present their arguments from original texts. They mostly reliant on old age propaganda tracts from Christian missionaries and Orientalists.

The things that Dr Yasir Qadhi is musing over were unknown to them and are new to them.

Since they are ignorant unqualified and unable to research anything. They have a Dr Yasir Qadhi who is doing the research for them.

Second aspect the first and natural reaction of majority of the youth no matter how ignorant they are. Is to reject the polemics of the Islamaphobes they can tell these people are haters of Islam.

But suddenly they are presenting Yasir Qadhi then now their argument has authenticity to it. We are not saying it one of your most famous personalities and Scholars is saying it. That sows seeds of doubt.

My issue with him is that he does not qualify his statements. And he is well aware of how his statements will be used. Even in the above lecture he stated he was deliberately being controversial. "He talked about thinking 5 steps ahead" why is he not thinking five steps ahead and countering those arguments before they are made?

For example other Scholars would mention the Fatwas given against printing press and the reason for it. They would mention the printing presses that were established across the Muslim world. From far flung places such as Kazan in Tartarstan which is a republic in Russia. And Tens of thousands text were printed.

From what I have seen of him so far. He offers a critique but never qualifies it.

Secondly he states in other videos we should not sugar coat things." I believe we can defend our position" .Then does he not defending those positions..? Why does he not make fully comprehensive statements presenting the complete picture. Why only present half the equation. And then allow the Islamophobes to jump on his statements and use them for their own nefarious agenda.

+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#165 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2020 21:23
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Read the history of Ottoman Empire and the "Enlightened Muslims" were making the same argument back then:

1. Ulama are decadent
  2. Ulama are Archaic, slow, tedious
  3. Then it escalated to become "Islam itself has these qualities" which led to Young Turks taking over and mass apostasy not only in Turkey but in Egypt.

The "enlightened thinkers" like Jamaludden-Afghani, Muhammad Abduh wanted to "reform Islam"...anyone remember this quote which every Modernist Muslim utters to this day:

Muhammad Abduh wrote:
I went to the West and saw Islam, but no Muslims; I got back to the East and saw Muslims, but not Islam.

No post ratings

Jump to page: