You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#136 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 05:13
Video titled Yasir Qadhi Vs Yasir Qadhi.

youtu.be/Y29uP2EBN_o

Seems like the old Shaykh Yasir Qadhi would have considered the present Dr Yasir Qadhi. An innovator. The video shows him when he was simply Shaykh Yasir Qadhi and his evolution of thought after studying at Yale and becoming an academic. And a PHD.. Dr Yasir.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
World Of Allah
Brother
#137 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 12:16
Bruce Lee would've been a Evolutionist too ;)
Quote:
Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#138 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 20:18
ali wrote:
View original post

Just like the good Dr Qadhi...Bruce Lee also studied Philosophy at University.

The Salaafi institutions rail against Imam al Ghazali رحمة الله عليه maybe they should allow the study of his works and in particular his dismantling of the philosophers. And their meanderings. Perhaps that way their former graduates will not be shaken by the Incoherence of philosophy.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#139 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 21:16
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Lol. It does not make sense to reason with anyone who actually believes this is a valid criticism of Sh Yasir Qadhi. Many of the points are taken out of context and the "refutations" are not related to the points he made. Secondly, many of this forum would agree with the new Yasir Qadhi as it relates to salafi positions of the old Yasir Qadhi. So are you saying your own positions are incorrect?
What do you want the man to do if he learns more and realizes that certain things were incorrect or not black and white?
+0 -0Agree x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#140 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 22:14
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Bruce's brain got too big for his head and that caused his death.

When scholars evolve with current affairs its one thing, but when they go against Qur'an and Sunnah, then they're ego has grown bigger than their brain and such people don't deserve praise.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#141 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 22:29
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

That is a serious accusation. Where in that video did he go against Quran and Sunnah? The only portion that may be problematic was letting converts attend Christmas lunch with their non Muslim families.

There are probably some things from Sh Yasir that I would find objectionable, but I don't see as yet why we need to write him off. If we were speaking about someone like Mufti Abu Layth, then I would agree with you. I have never liked his page nor would I take knowledge from him.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#142 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 22:43
Shaykh Yasir Qadhi is good for seerah and motivational talks. He's not a deobandi so I do keep in mind that not all his opinions will align with deoband. Same goes for Nauman Ali Khan.
+0 -0Agree x 4
Rank Image
London
Brother
#143 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 22:56
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Please note, I said "When scholars evolve" I didn't specifically mention one name.

One point I would like to highlight though, is what he said about Google and Ya'juj and Ma'juj.

Was he serious?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#144 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2020 23:05
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

See posts 20,24 and 25 on page 2 for details on the yajuj and majuj issue. If the Quran and Sunnah explicitly said that we have to believe that yajuj and Majuj are hidden somewhere, then no one would question that. But this isn't the case as seen in the links I provided. Therefore he can have his opinion, and others can choose to believe what they feel more comfortable with.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#145 [Permalink] Posted on 20th July 2020 00:04
I find it ironic that people in refutation to Yasir Qadhi are predominantly referencing pseudo/neo madkhali youtubers, who have barely outgrown adolescence, i.e. the likes of Saajid Lipham, Farid Responds, Daniel Haqiqatjou etc. etc. Not to say all there content is bad, but these people would be first in line in condemnation of the Ulemah of Deoband.

I have yet to see a clear cut reference where he has said anything against the Quran and Sunnah. Sure some of his views are contentious and I can see why people have problems with him supporting certain political activist. I also don't really understand his probelm with the "standard narrative" in relation to the preservation of the Quran. However as broyher Rajab said, there is much one can benefit from him. Unlike most Deobandi graduates, he doesn't sugar coat or copy and paste the status quo. He makes you aware of controversial subjects and historical issues and gives a broad range of opinions, which personally allows me to look into these subject matters deeper. In addition, no one comes near to his Seerah, Lives of the Sahaba and Mother of the believers lectures in English.

Those generalising about "celebrity" scholars, as if they know what lies in the hearts of men and women. I neither know his intentions or his motivations for his lectures, but he doesn't come across as an individual with an over inflated ego, but Allah سبحانه وتعالى knows best. Would these people accuse Moulana Tariq Jameel, or Mufti Tariq Masood of the same because of their celebrity status?
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#146 [Permalink] Posted on 20th July 2020 00:06
ali wrote:
View original post

No one should evolve, we should all remain ignorant, content with the knowledge we have.
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#147 [Permalink] Posted on 20th July 2020 00:07
Sorry post repeated twice.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#148 [Permalink] Posted on 20th July 2020 01:16
Concerned wrote:
View original post

His previous views came out of his understanding of Quran and Sunnah.
Whether they align with Deobandis or not is irrelevant.

His present views seem to be influenced by his study of the Social Sciences and Western philosophy.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#149 [Permalink] Posted on 20th July 2020 01:28
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

I dont see anything overly wrong with content of the individuals you mentioned. Farid Responds main focus is refuting the very popular Anti-Islam youtube channels run by Christian evangelists and Apostates.
He is doing crucial work and helping save the Imaan of youth who are having doubts and even leaving Islam after coming across those channels.

Daniel Haqiqatjous main focus is of standing up against the scourge modernist progressive Islam.

Saajid Liphams covers a variety of areas and main focus has been on life as a muslim students and role of muslims in the west.

I dont see any reason to blindly follow Deobandi Celebrity Imaams. Same way I dont see any reason to blindly follow celebrity Imaams of any persuasion.

I am fast approaching the age of 50, I am old enough to know that to follow someone for being a celebrity is foolish. Probably wiser to be ultra cautious with those who have a celebrity status and cult following.

I even started a thread called.. "Fitnah of Celebrity Imaams." Based on a talk by Shaykh Yasir Qadhi on the fitnah of celebrities in the field of deen.

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
World Of Allah
Brother
#150 [Permalink] Posted on 20th July 2020 02:07
Maybe I wasn't philosophical enough.

Let me put it another way.

Empty your mind, be fiqhless, schoolless — like.... Now you sit with the Barelwi, you become the Barelwi; You sit with the deobandi's, you become the deobandi; You sit with the sufi, you become the sufi. Now you can flow or you can crash. Be philosophical my friend.

;)

The point was, you don't change your beliefs to be in line with time, you adapt your time to be in line with your beliefs. Quran and Sunnah will remain dominant no matter how advanced a civilization we become. Our Aqeedah and Manhaj must remain strong and get stronger, not become diluted with worldly influences.
+0 -0

Jump to page: