abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#91 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2020 11:19
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

Quote:
A lot of lay muslims who think that there is only one Quran and have no idea about the 7 Ahruf or 10 Qirat (in which the letters/spellings vary, as well as the meaning).

May be you guys are not taught about this in the West but preservation of Qur'an was one of the basic topics we all studied in school and college in Islamic studies.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#92 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2020 13:06
What YQ said was Somewhat true, but his delivery was not appropriate and has holes in it. But he has every right to speak his mind out, and the reaction vice versa , is an open game as well.

The reality is the topic is definitely a differed over one, but sound scholarship has tackled the differences and convincing explanations have been given and the issue is put to rest years ago.

Now if he still sees “holes” in it and is not satisfied then that’s just his own personal understanding.

For laymen to get aquatinted with the subject a decent discussion on it is In Mufti Taqi Usmani’s book Uloom ul Quran.

Its an easy read and has an available pdf online. Infact the whole book is an easy read and gets you educated about quran at an intermediate level.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#93 [Permalink] Posted on 9th July 2020 17:41
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#94 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2020 15:51
Bismillah.

Last year Dr Yasir Qadhi did a lecture in which he implied Islam was indeed spread by the sword.

The ex-muslim apostates have been spreading that extract from his lecture. In order to claim vindication for their accusations.

Here is one such video.
youtu.be/YsUfBbgVpVk

In an Irony of Ironies the well known deviant and modernist Mufti Abu Layth did a response in order to refute Dr Yasir Qadhis claim.

youtu.be/_dSMPIAR0BM

The following is the full lecture from which the Murtads have extracted and no he was not misquoted.

youtu.be/_aQoTuqs7iw

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#95 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2020 16:30
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Its taught to basic Madrasah students but since Yasir Qadhi Saheb never went to a traditional Islamic Institute its missing in his DNA.

My mother told me that if you sleep without praying there is a fire under your bed and that's why you get hot at night, Esha is the least prayers I have ever missed even when I had nothing to do with Islam and its the first Salah I went back to when I started practising Islam.

It doesn't make any sense but it stayed in my head. Children are taught this in Madrsah and drilled into their head and nothing to do with Philosophy
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#96 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2020 19:54
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

I just watched the clip by the non Muslim, and I don't see what the issue is. What is wrong with what he says?

Sh Yasir explains everything clearly in this lecture: Was Islam Spread by the Sword

youtu.be/wxFSeKI9UNg

And he also touched on the topic in his Quran Summary series. He gives a better explanation on the topic than the onesided view we often here from the mimbar, which is easily brought into question by reading the Quran, Sunnah and Islamic History.

To use this against Sh Yasir is ridiculous. I will watch his entire lecture you linked to later.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#97 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2020 20:30
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Maybe you should go to comments section of the video you posted.

Rather a clumsy explanation at the beginning of that video. I am not using his comments against him. The murtads are weaponising his comments to target Islam and sow the seeds of confusion amongst the muslim youth.

He is not naive he is very experienced he fully knows how,
words can be used and twisted yet carried on regardless.

I dont trust him.... for that matter any of these American Celebrity speakers all of them should be treated with caution.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#98 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2020 20:36
View original post

So what do you want people to do? Stop education? Do taqiyah? Teach people half truths? Paint a rosey picture? Then we end up with a lot of ignorance and uneducated individuals, which can also come back to harm us. There is plenty of information for murtads to use from any fatwa sites.

Yes we can choose our words carefully, but I don't recall anything problematic when I watched the video I linked to.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#99 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2020 20:46
Concerned wrote:
View original post

So saying something like the following would be Taqiyyah.... "Muslims fought against the two biggest Super powers of their time the Persian Empire and The Roman Empire. After the conquest of these lands no one was compelled to accept Islam by the sword. The non-muslims payed Jizya had freedom to practice their religion and were protected by the state.

Whilst the Christian empire of Rome
Spread its religion with the sword all the followers of the traditional pagan religions were wiped out and forced to accept Christianity..."

No Taqiyyah and no room for the Islam haters to manouevre.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#100 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2020 20:53
View original post

I recall he made the disticntion between expanding the Islamic empire and conqueroring territories vs forcing people to convert to Islam. No one is arguing that people were directly forced to convert to Islam by the sword.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#101 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2020 20:55
View original post

Whatsmore from what I recall its a while since I read on that topic.

The Romans and Persians in particular the Persians had been ruling the areas of Arabia by proxy. They were supporting tribes loyal to their empire to do their bidding. Much like the puppet rulers of the modern day.

So his explanation is historically inaccurate what he is stating is that the both the Romans and Persians were not bothering the Arabs they went and attacked them for no reason.
+0 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#102 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2020 21:00
View original post

Yes that can be explored. But what about all the expansion and conquering that occured after the after the khulafa e Rashideen?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#103 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2020 21:05
Concerned wrote:
View original post

He almost made the implication that the two tyrannical empires of their time.. were meek and mild needlessy attacked by war hungry Arabs for no apparent reason. Not true.

When Muhammad Bin Qassim launched an expedition in Sind in the lands of Hind it was after a muslim caravan had been attacked.

And when Tariq Bin Ziyad launched an expedition into Spain it was for the honour of a Christian woman it was after the appeal of Christian Nobleman whose daughter had been kidnapped. By the Christian ruler.

So Shaykh Yasir Qadhi rather then giving uncoated Sugar free tell it like it is explanation. Is only half explaining and missing out certain facts why is that...?

Before you respond yes I know Qadhi did not mention Spain. But if I was in his shoes I would have mentioned that as well. Just to emphasise the justness of Muslims. They did not invade to rob rape pillage the lands of the people and resources.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#104 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2020 21:15
View original post

So are you arguing that offensive battle isn't allowed in sharia? The majority of expansion, conquests and battles that occured were as a consequence of acting in defense?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#105 [Permalink] Posted on 14th July 2020 21:16
Quote:
They did not invade to rob rape pillage the lands of the people and resources.

Which muslim would suggest that?
No post ratings

Jump to page: