Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2013 09:36
السلام عليكم

I've always wondered this but I've never found any concrete evidence.

Why does Yasir Qadhi get so much hate ??

Some brother told me that he claimed that its okay to enlist in the US army, I researched this but I found nothing. Then another brother said he's no longer Salafi but still has the salafic tendencies. The list goes on.

Anyone care to shed any light on this.

جزاك الله خيرا
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2013 10:44
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 10:54
Every few months, salafis have some bone to pick with him.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 16:43
“The scholar sitting 5000 miles away in a land very far from Finland has said that it is sinful for a convert to go to her family or his family whatever on the day of Christmas because it is a pagan festival...”

#YQGems

“If Umar ibn Alkhattab radiyallahu ta’ala anhu was amongst us right now and they gave him a quiz of Aqeedah the fact of the matter is that test that you’d put in front of him he’d fail it.”

#YQGems

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 16:54
Quote:
“If Umar ibn Alkhattab radiyallahu ta’ala anhu was amongst us right now and they gave him a quiz of Aqeedah the fact of the matter is that test that you’d put in front of him he’d fail it.”

#YQGems

This is so true! All these hardcore Atharis, Ash'aris and Matureedis take it to another level.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 17:03
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

If he was to come out of the grave today and I asked I wanted to clean out his house with a vacuum cleaner and asked him in Arabic "Wayn Al Qahraba" he wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about.

Or if I said to him قم بتشغيل جهاز تكييف الهواء
qum bitashghil jihaz takyif alhawa'

He would be gob smacked.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 17:09
Rajab wrote:
View original post

There was a question a few weeks ago on the telegram markazalifta group "on the weekend"

I deleted the question as per the rules.

The brother asking wanted to bring some points across about Hamza Yusuf and Yasir Qadhi and their teachings as a warning. He wanted to alert the brothers group about their misleading remarks. Khair, he never asked it again.

(I'll probably be able to track it back as I always send the questions back to those breaking the rules, for their convenience, even though they broke the rules)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 17:18
Yasir Qadhi studied philosophy at Yale some years ago. Seems to have had an effect on him. He is now into the westernised Americanised Islam school of thought.

Recently he taught an Aqeedah course where books by western orientalists and Scholars were taught from the likes of Montgomery Watt and Anne Marie Schimmell.

Similarly he did a series on the End Of Time and presented a modernist notion on things such as Yajuj and Majuj.

Here is a critique ... youtu.be/iDsXPEotYNg
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 17:32
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 17:53
I think this should be a reminder that we should not allow our selves to become overly influenced by Celebrity Scholars.

A couple of decades ago personally speaking I was really impressed by the recordings and lectures of
Shaykh Hamza Yusuf in his prime he was the most dynamic speaker in the English. He was steadfast and uncompromising on the traditional understanding of Quran and Sunnah.

He railed against western propaganda against Islam, called for muslims to remain steadfast on the Quran and Sunnah in all circumstances. He condemned those muslims who were apologists and had an inferiority complex to the west.

Over the course of the last few decades his views slowly seemed to change, started offering similar viewpoints as those he used to once criticise.

Transitioned from an Islamic Scholar to an Islamic Intellectual. Until even his most ardent supporters myself included realised its time to move away from his lectures.

Such is the case with Shaykh Yasir Qadhi after his PHD from Yale he has slowly transitioned in to an Islamic intellectual. And his opinions have changed and he now seems to view some things from a western academic or intellectual view point.

(One could say the same for Shaykh Omer Suleiman. )

To justify this Americanised Islam he Shaykh Yasir Qadhi argues that the first muslims who went to India for example did not seek to change the culture around them but accepted it. And worked within it.
+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 18:43
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

The fact that people think what he said is appropriate is pretty appalling.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 18:50
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

Do you think Sayyiduna Umar رضی الله عنه would be able to answer the intricate questions on aqeedah people discuss these days?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 19:14
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Maybe you should rethink how you have worded your question.

The question is would the Sahabah Ikram have allowed people to delve into such questions. They were people of the highest knowledge.

Not whether they would have been able to answer them.

+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 19:14
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Read your question over and over again till you realize who you are talking about. Sayyudina (OUR Master) Umar رضي الله عنه was a Master and after Sayyudina Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه was the greatest person in this Ummah. Shows your ignorance that you say Ash'aris and Matureedis take it to another level. They just expound/commentate on what ALL the Sahbah رضوان الله تعلي عليهم اجمعين knew from the core of their hearts in Detail about Aqeedah. May Allah Ta’ala give me and you death on the Aqeedah of Umar رضي الله عنه. He رضي الله عنه would be able to answer anything and everything about Aqeedah because he رضي الله عنه worshipped Allah Ta’ala as if he رضي الله عنه could see Him.

الله الله في أصحابي، لا تتخذوهم غرضا بعدي، فمن أحبهم فبحبي أحبهم، ومن أبغضهم فببغضي أبغضهم، ومن آذاهم فقد آذاني، ومن آذاني فقد آذى الله، ومن آذى الله فيوشك أن يأخذه

(Fear) Allah! (Fear) Allah regarding my Companions! Do not make them objects of insults after me. Whoever loves them, it is out of love of me that he loves them. And whoever hates them, it is out of hatred for me that he hates them. And whoever harms them, he has harmed me, and whoever harms me, he has offended Allah, and whoever offends Allah, [then] he shall soon be punished

+0 -0Agree x 1Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 19:30
mSiddiqui wrote:
View original post

You have misunderstood me. I can't even think about disrespecting Sayyiduna Umar رضی الله عنه or any other Sahabi. I think brother Abdur Rahman is correct, I should have worded my question differently.

Even Shaykh Yasir Qadhi's (disclaimer: I'm not his fan, don't even listen to his lectures) intent is not to disrespect Sayyiduna Umar رضی الله عنه, rather he was pointing out the futility of aqeedah wars and such complicated and intricate discussions people hold these days that they are ready to make takfeer on anyone who does not concur with their aqeedah.

I'm a Deobandi so I'm obviously a follower of Imam Ash'ari and Imam Matureedi. What they wrote about aqeedah was obviously necessary and in refutation of deviant sects. But their die-hard followers and especially the Atharis who try to discuss these issues with every lay person have taken it to another level. That's what I was saying. Hope that clarifies any misunderstanding.
+1 -0

Jump to page: