You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 20:47
I had no idea that Yasir Qadhi's statement can be taken in this manner because I understood it in a totally different way. It didn't even cross my mind that it can be considered disrespectful to Sayyiduna Umar رضی الله عنه because I was thinking he would obviously not be aware of the terms and intricacies of Ilm ul Kalam. Hence I agreed with his statement. But since you objected I decided to ask Mufti Amjad Mohammed and sent him both Yasir Qadhi's statement and my statement and asked his opinion if he considered it disrespectful. He said:

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته
Yes it would be considered disrespectful; also the point can be made without using a companion as an example.

So I take my words back and make taubah. May Allah ta'ala forgive me for the unintentional error. It was not my intent to disrespect Sayyiduna Umar رضی الله عنه. In fact no one in their right state of mind would even think about disrespecting a Sahabi of such a high stature about whom Rasulullah صلی الله عليه وسلم said if there were to be a Prophet after me, it would be Umar and all his dreams about Umar's رضی الله عنه ilm and deen.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 15th June 2020 23:14
Yq is a celebrity shaykh and often does and says wild things. Although some go to extremes and out their way to find faults with him which is wrong he is nevertheless someone that should be avoided or at the very least take some of the things he says with a pinch of salt
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2020 00:29
Personally i've benefited greatly from Sheikh Yasir Qadhi and will continue to do so.

In relation to yajuj majuj he openly accept that he's entitled to criticism as what he believes does not conform to the understanding of the classical scholars.

The critical links posted by brother Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, are videos by Saajid Lipham. I would really be interested in hearing this brothers opinions on the Ash'ari or Matureedi Aqeedah.

His statement about Umar (may Allah سبحانه وتعالى be pleased with him is exactly as sister Aisha has stated and was no means intended to show disrespect. Aren't the the same accusations levelled at our beloved Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi by our barelvi bretherin, in relation to the Prophet (saw)? Or is it husn e zan for one grounp of scholars and not for others.

I have always been a critique of celebrity worshipping of Scholars, but that is more of a reflection of those who are following than the Scholars themselves. Isn't one of the objective of Ulemah to reach the widest audience possible. Unfortunately, this seems lost on the Deobandi Ulemah, who appear to be living in their own bubble/reality and for some reason have an aversion to most modern mediums of communication, as well as political or current affairs.

I've never been a 'fan' of any Scholar, but i take what is good and leave what is bad, but in relation to the accusations can brothers or sisters please highlight incidents where he has specifically compromised the Sunnah for Western liberal values?

+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2020 01:04
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

What..?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2020 01:12
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

So is Mufti Taqi Uthmani presenting a modernist view in his Quran Translation with explanatory notes:

Quote:

سورہ الکہف آیت نمبر 98
قَالَ ہٰذَا رَحۡمَۃٌ مِّنۡ رَّبِّیۡ ۚ فَاِذَا جَآءَ وَعۡدُ رَبِّیۡ جَعَلَہٗ دَکَّآءَ ۚ وَ کَانَ وَعۡدُ رَبِّیۡ حَقًّا ﴿ؕ۹۸﴾
ترجمہ:
He said, “This is a mercy from my Lord. Then, when the promise of my Lord will come, He will make it leveled to the ground. ²⁰The promise of my Lord is true.”
تفسیر:
20 - The phrase ‘promise of my Lord’ is taken by many exegetes to mean the Day of Doom. Consequently, they believe that the wall will remain intact till Doomsday. But some other scholars do not take the phrase as referring to Doomsday. According to them ‘promise of my Lord’ refers to the time destined by Allah for the destruction of the wall, which may be before the Doomsday. However, the next sentence (The promise of my Lord is true.) refers to the Day of Judgment, which is destined by Allah for His entire creation, like the time of destruction of the wall is destined by Him.
آسان ترجمۂ قرآن مفتی محمد تقی عثمانی

goo.gl/2ga2EU

The issue of Umar r.a. and the aqeedah question is a non issue. Only those salafis who think that every Muslim must know the details of in depth aqeeda questions about the attributes of Allah etc would interpret dr. Yasir's words in a negative light.

The latest controversy that has breen brought back to the fore about the Quran seems to be a valid discussion scholars and experts have among themselves, and the issue isn't as black and white as majority of us were taught.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2020 01:15
Concerned wrote:
View original post

How does that correlate with Yasir Qadhis view..?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2020 01:20
View original post

The issue was that Dr. Yasir mentioned that the wall has already been destroyed. Mufti Taqi mentions that some scholars hold the opinion that the wall will be destroyed before Doomsday.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2020 01:30
Concerned wrote:
View original post

First of all there are several videos by different individuals critiquing Shaykh Yasir Qadhi on this issue.

I chose one by Saajid Lipham because it was not a personal attack on Shaykh Yasir Qadhi but a balanced critique.

Like wise Mufti Taqi Usmani (DB) just stated the majority opinion. And the minority opinions that it will take place before qiyamah.

Now the question to you has any other Scholar or Mufasir agreed with the view point Shaykh Yasir Qadhi that this event has already taken place.?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2020 01:40
Subhan Allah i just read the tafsir in Mariful Quran and the views have been discussed in detail there. It is a non issue. Both probabilities exist as to whether the wall has to survive until Qiyama, or whether the wall has disintegrated.

Read for your self:

islamicstudies.info/quran/maarif/maarif.php?sura=18&v...
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2020 01:42

Here is Mufti Taqi's comments from the urdu translation of the Quran:

0: ذوالقرنین نے اتنا بڑا کارنامہ انجام دینے کے بعد دو حقیقتوں کو واضح کیا، ایک یہ کہ یہ سارا کارنامہ میرے قوت بازو کا کرشمہ نہیں ہے، بلکہ اللہ تعالیٰ کی رحمت سے مجھے اس کی توفیق ہوئی ہے، اور دوسرے یہ کہ اگرچہ اس وقت یہ دیوار بہت مستحکم بن گئی ہے، لیکن اللہ تعالیٰ کے لئے اسے توڑنا کچھ مشکل نہیں ہے، جب تک اللہ تعالیٰ کو منظور ہوگا یہ قائم رہے گی، اور جب وہ وقت آجائے گا جس میں اللہ تعالیٰ نے اس کا ٹوٹنا مقرر کر رکھا ہے تو یہ ٹوٹ کر زمین کے برابر ہوجائے گی، اس طرح قرآن کریم سے یہ بات یقینی طور پر معلوم نہیں ہوتی کہ یہ دیوار قیامت تک قائم رہے گی، بلکہ اس کا قیامت سے پہلے ٹوٹنا بھی ممکن ہے، چنانچہ بعض محققین نے یہ خیال ظاہر کیا ہے کہ یہ دیوار روس کے علاقے داغستان میں در بند کے مقام پر بنائی گئی تھی، اور اب وہ ٹوٹ چکی ہے، یاجوج ماجوج کے مختلف ریلے تاریخ کے محتلف زمانوں میں متمدن آبادیوں پر حملہ آور ہوتے رہے ہیں، اور پھر وہ ان متمدن علاقوں میں پہنچ کر خود بھی متمدن ہوتے رہے ہیں، البتہ ان کا آخری ریلا قیامت سے کچھ پہلے نکلے گا، اس موضوع کی مفصل تحقیق حضرت مولانا حفظ الرحمن صاحب (رح) کی کتاب قصص القرآن اور حضرت مولانا مفتی محمد شفیع صاحب (رح) کی تفسیر معارف القرآن میں دیکھی جاسکتی ہے۔ اور آگے ذوالقرنین نے جو یہ فرمایا کہ میرے رب کا وعدہ بالکل سچا ہے، اس سے مراد قیامت کا وعدہ ہے، مطلب یہ ہے کہ یہ تو ابھی معلوم نہیں ہے کہ اس دیوار کے ٹوٹنے کے لئے اللہ تعالیٰ نے کونسا وقت مقرر فرمایا ہے، لیکن ایک وعدہ واضح طور پر معلوم ہے کہ ایک وقت قیامت آنے والی ہے، اور جب وہ آئے گی تو ہر مضبوط سے مضبوط چیز بھی ٹوٹ پھوٹ کر فنا ہوجائے گی، ذوالقرنین نے اس پر قیامت کا جو حوالہ دیا اس کی مناسبت سے اللہ تعالیٰ نے آگے قیامت کے کچھ حالات بیان فرمائے ہیں۔
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2020 01:59
Concerned wrote:
View original post

I dont think it is a non issue...Khayr It is nearly 2:am in the U.K. I am half a sleep right now so will read tomorrow. When I have time.

How about the following is that a non issue as well. Do you also March with Linda..? Do you know who Linda Sarsour is..?

Dr. Yasir Qadhi

Linda Sarsour
@lsarsour
is a fearless & eloquent voice for all of us. I am proud to call her an ally and friend.
#ImarchwithLinda
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2020 02:12
View original post

One issue at a time. You would have to give me a date of that comment regarding Linda.

Masha Allah his 30 day tafsir of the Quran this Ramadan was very beneficial, straightfward, non apologetic and he was blunt when he needed to be. Definitely rasied the Iman of many insha Allah. Only one issue he mentioned jumped put at me and seemed problematic in my opinion.

Yes I have some issues with some of the things he said and some answers he gives to queries, and sometimes his brief explanations aren't satisfactory.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2020 02:15
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2020 02:40
Everything has to viewed in the context of the cultural and religious revolution that has been taking place in America the last 20 years.

Those deviant groups that were considered fringe, and had very little support have gained alot of traction.

Progressive and modernist Islam is now becoming mainstream. Muslim political activists and Muslim social media influencers are now getting bigger following then traditional Scholars.

The argument of the modernists is that Islam. Should be practiced in accordance with the times we live in. So following the teachings and rulings of Scholars of the medieval period is back ward thinking . We need to have our own understanding for the 21st century.

So when you have Scholars parroting the same language and tone of the modernists to support their own views on issues like Yajuj and Majuj or anythong else that becomes very problematic.

Furthermore the Scholars voicing there support for the likes of Ilhan Omar and Linda Sarsour. Appearing on the same platforms as them, has further muddied the waters. Large amount of youth are supporting the ideologies of these individuals and think it is okay to do so because Shaykh Yasir Qadhi and Shaykh Omer Suleiman have done so.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 16th June 2020 03:47
View original post

But after reading what I posted, the issue of yajuj and majuj should not be seen as part of promoting modernist views, although you didn't quite say it was a modernist view.
No post ratings

Jump to page: