This got me thinking...
I knew there were mice in the garden but didn't think she was going to ever be able to catch any or that she could do any harm at this point - with missing teeth and all. Well, over the summer, one night as I looked to check on her, I saw her staring at the ground in the dark. I could make out a tiny dark figure in front of her and immediately thought what I had feared had come to pass and she had actually caught a mouse! I turned the outside light on and stepped out, walked over to her and saw that the mouse was standing but frozen - tail up, not moving a bit. I bent down to take a closer look then picked my cat up and as I lifted her the mouse darted away! SubhanAllah! Allahu Akbar!
Later, more recently, she came to the door with a mouse in her mouth :( looking at me and scratching at the glass door to be let in with her 'gift' eek :(
And now, mouse #2. With winter at the door I think these critters are trying to get closer to the house only to find - who knew - an elderly mouser!
Anyhow, it is a fact of life I know but how do you tell a cat "thanks but no thanks." I've buried both mice, I just couldn't bring myself to put them in the garbage :(
And, indeed there are stories out there on lessons learned through the interaction of these two critters.
Given our differences, perhaps these stories will resonate with some. I will share what I find here insha'Allah, and would appreciate if you would share any you find. JazakAllah khayran.


named him abu hurayrah....father of the cats. SubhanAllah!