Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Naqshband66, abu mohammed
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2013 01:41
How Following Your Desires will lead you to Shirk.

"DO YOU SEE THE MAN WHO MAKES HIS DESIRE HIS GOD" To make a God other than Allah is Shirk. Need I say more?

Quran Ayats on Following The Nafs

1) And if We had willed, we could have elevated him thereby, but he adhered [instead] to the earth and followed his own desire. So his example is like that of the dog: if you chase him, he pants, or if you leave him, he [still] pants. That is the example of the people who denied Our signs. So relate the stories that perhaps they will give thought. (Surah 7/Al A'raf, Verse 176)
Loading Qur'aan Verse

2) "Do you see the man who makes his desire his God, the man whom Allah leaves in error, setting a seal upon his ears and heart and drawing a veil over his eyes? Who then can guide him after Allah (has withdrawn guidance)? Will you not take heed? (Surah 45/Al-Jathiya, Verse 23)
Loading Qur'aan Verse

3) "So is he who is on clear evidence from his Lord like him to whom the evil of his work has been made attractive and they follow their [own] desires?" (Surah 47/Muhammad, Verse 14)
Loading Qur'aan Verse

4) "Nor obey him whose heart We have made heedless of Our Remembrance; who follows his desires and whose case exceeds due bounds" (Surah 18/Al-Kahf, Verse 28)
Loading Qur'aan Verse

5) "And if after all the knowledge you have been given, you yeild to their desires, there shall be none to help or protect you from the wrath of Allah" (Surah 2/Baqarah, Verse 120)
Loading Qur'aan Verse

6) "And do you not yeild to their fancies from the truth that has been made known to you" (Surah 5/Al-Maidah, Verse 48)
Loading Qur'aan Verse

7) "And do not be led by their desires" (Surah 5/Al-Maidah, Verse 49)
Loading Qur'aan Verse

8) "And do not yeild to the desires of ignorant men, for they in no way can protect you from the wrath of Allah" (Surah 45/Al-Jathiya, Verse 18)
Loading Qur'aan Verse

9) "Rule with justice among men and do not yeild to lust, lest it should turn you away froms Allah's path" (Surah 38/Saad, Verse 26)
Loading Qur'aan Verse

10) "And who is in greater error than the man who is lead by his desires without guidance from Allah? Allah does not guide the evil-doers" (Surah 28/Al Qasas, Verse 50)
Loading Qur'aan Verse

May Allah protect us from following our desires and keep us as far from shirk as possible.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Ameen x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2013 01:53

Freedom From Desires

Abd Allah ibn 'Amr ibn al-'As said: "God's Messenger has said, 'Unless desires are in keeping with the truth that I have brought (Islam), one cannot be a true believer.'" (1)

There is some terminology in the above Prophetic Tradition, which is extraordinary in that it indicates how to overcome the nafs. Hawa (desire, eagerness), when used in a general sense, means an inclination away from God. In Turkish, the word used is heva or heves (desire, enthusiasm). As a religious term, hawa connotes the nafs'  inclination to oppose the requirements of the Shari'a. The greatest harm is announced in the verse:

"O David! We have appointed you as a vicegerent in the land; so judge among people with the truth, and do not follow personal inclination, lest it leads you astray from the path of God. Surely, those who wander astray from God's path - for them there is a severe punishment because they have forgotten the Day of Reckoning. " (Sad, 38:26)

www.lastprophet.info/freedom-from-desires
+3 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2013 05:35
Very beneficial reading, MashaAllah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2013 09:20
Acacia wrote:
+3 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2015 15:08
I wanted to bump this thread for many reasons. And one of them is the misunderstanding from younger people.

This topic can cover many aspects from which school of thought we follow to our daily routine (actions)

My intention is to get the younger children to read such details so please try to keep the thread as clean and presentable as possible for both genders.

I've heard from parents about a few incidents when young children said they had heard lectures in which the Shaykh said, "Well you wouldn't watch filthy movies in front of your children, would you?" Now the poor kids took the understanding that the parents wouldn't watch it out of shame in front of them, yet they would watch it in private. But the fact that the Imam has implied that they are watching this stuff, they have assumed it was normal and okay to watch such nonsense. This then leads to further haram acts of deceptive pleasure.

I seriously think these Ulama should get their wording correct! Think about the implications! In fact I think they should hit the nail on the head and confront such issues and show the youth how HARAM this is and how deceptive Shaitan is and always will be.

A major point to remember for parents is that, such stuff doesn't only happen via the TV, it's on your phones, computers, laptops, tablets and so on. In fact, last nite I saw my 2 year old niece using a smart phone (I've seen her doing this from a much younger age) from the home page, looked for all apps, loaded YouTube, scrolled up and down and started watching her videos (nasheeds:)) and then she would swipe it off the screen and watch another, SubhanAllah , its so easy :(

Schools, (ESPECIALLY ISLAMIC SCHOOLS) should teach this when students reach a certain age and continue teaching, otherwise, they will just go onto Google and find all the WRONG answers on there.
State schools have the tendency to promote such filthy behaviour which leads to even more worse sins and young kids are now getting the wrong idea. Please help stop it.

It is very sad to hear that such thoughts are also coming from Islamic schools as parents who have bought this up have their children in Islamic schools.

Kids, it is Haram to watch it, regardless of if you are married, single, divorced, young or old and if your friends have told you otherwise, it's your duty to inform them of the above verses of the Qur'an and reposted below. Learn them by heart and help them come out of this false belief. Remember when you STOP YOURSELF from sinning, YOU WILL TASTE THE SWEETNESS OF IMAAN, Trust me. You feel happier to know that you didn't listen to your Nafs and the whispers of Shaitan, rather, you sacrificed an evil thought/desire for the pleasure and sake of Allah. How pleased would Allah be?

Loading Qur'aan Verse
Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded?

So ask yourself something, If you give-in to your desires, you have actually made your desires your God and not Allah!!!!

Do we want to be Mushrikeen in this silly way? Or do we want to remain as Muslims?
+5 -0Like x 4Winner x 1