Asslamo Allaikum All,
I am unable to comment thoroughly on the similar styled comments on Shaykh Imran Hosein. The allegations that I haven’t done my research, I don’t know what I talking about etc etc etc.
The issue with Shaykh Imran Hosein is very similar to what we had in the 1980’s where many innocent Muslims were impressed with “Imam” Khomeini and his “efforts” for Islam.
The classical word in Islamic theology for Shia is Rafidha (Rawafidh is plural) during the last few decades the term has been changed to Shia.
Rawafidh have some branches and sub-sects but the discussion with regards to Shaykh Imran Hosein is about two which are relevant to our times:
- Alawi (Syrian regime): This group of Rafidhees believe in the divinity of Sayyidina Ali (RA) and are Kaafir by consensus of Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaah
- Ithna-Ashari (Twelvers): These are the majority of Iranians and believe in 12 Imams,. They exaggerate the level of their Imams and are also Kaafir according Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaah
The issue with Shaykh Imran Hosein is not his political commentary or political analysis but his leniency towards these groups. At the moment he calls for unity towards these groups without following the way of Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaah.
If you have any questions here is a thread about specifically what is being disagreed with Shaykh Imran Hosein so please feel free to articulate your points. The point of contention is Aqeedah (creedal or with regards to belief) so we are within our rights to warn Muslims about Shaykh Imran Hosein and here is the blog
There is every chance that mistake has been made so clarify that Shaykh Imran Hosein has exactly the same Aqeedah as the rest of Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaah and I will delete the blog and remove this post but don't waffle!
The matter was thoroughly discussed by Shaykh Maulana Manzoor Naumani (RA) in the 80's in his book "Iranian Revolution, Khomeini and the Shia Faith"
Jazakallahu Khairun


