Asslamo Allaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,
I (as a nobody) respectfully disagree with Shaykh (Maulana) A.S.Desai (HA)’s Fatwa and the tone. I am already in their sights so I guess I can probably expect more incoming fire!
Shaykh (Maulana) Tariq Jameel (HA) is a Scholar and not a “chap” and if he is indeed a “chap” then there is no point in requesting copies of Fatwa against him.
Shaykh (Maulana) Tariq Jameel (HA) views on Rawafidh (which he uttered publicly but retracted privately), Barelwees, Maududi, Dr Farhat Hashmi are confusing but maybe he is doing it out of Hikmah to draw people closer to Islam? We disagree with his approach and his views and many Ulamah in Pakistan have spoken on the issue but with respect and dignity.
Forget Shaykh (Maulana) Tariq Jameel (HA) Majlis has the audacity of calling Shaykh (Maulana) Moulana Ebrahim Bham (HA) , the Jamiatul Ulamah (South Africa):
REVEREND ABRAHAM BHAM
- I am permanently banned from Sunniforum by repeating this (as I honestly thought this guy was a Christian preacher!)
- Sunniforum's explaination is that Shaykh (Maulana) A.S.Desai (HA) prohibits laymen from using this term because South Africans know who Shaykh (Maulana) Moulana Ebrahim Bham (HA) actually is!
- I sent an email to both Shaykh (Maulana) A.S.Desai (RA) and Shaykh (Maulana) Moulana Ebrahim Bham (HA) explaining that I am not from South Africa so why are Scholars using such titles for each other?
- To this day there is no further explanation by Majlis or warning that laymen shouldn’t use these sort of terms for Scholars?
Why is it permissible for Majlis to refer to Islamic Scholars as “chaps” and “Reverends" but prohibited by laymen? Where did this principle come from?
When you have a disagreement, state the disagreement why do you have to belittle anyone, let alone Ulamah?
Hmm...And where did you get this idea, Sister? Maulana Tariq Jameel (HA)? Mashaykh? Even the Tableeghees from his Jamaat don't consider him that, let alone outsiders.




