Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 

Which is the animal the extinction of which is a sign of Qiyamah?

You have contributed 20.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Desi tadka's avatar
Offline
Heavens Thunder is o
829
Brother
66
Desi tadka's avatar
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2013 10:38

Anyone?

I forgot the name, I think it starts with 'K', though not very sure.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
xs11ax's avatar
Unspecified
3,243
Brother
2,561
xs11ax's avatar
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2013 15:25
salaam

never heard of this before. can you relate the meaning of the hadith as far as you can remember.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Desi tadka's avatar
Offline
Heavens Thunder is o
829
Brother
66
Desi tadka's avatar
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2013 16:29

"xs11ax" wrote:
salaam never heard of this before. can you relate the meaning of the hadith as far as you can remember.

It goes like it was either the Prophet [peace be upon him] or the one of the Khulafa e Rashideen [ra] mostly the former [saws] who asked the followers to look for this animal in far off cities like yemen because they could not find it in or near the holy cities, and when they found it and reported, the Prophet [saws] heaved a sigh of relief, praised Allah and said the extinction of this animal is a sign of yaum ul Qiyamah.

I have paraphrased it, if I've said anything wrong, may Allah forgive me. Aameen. 

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
xs11ax's avatar
Unspecified
3,243
Brother
2,561
xs11ax's avatar
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2013 20:24
Desi tadka wrote:
"xs11ax" wrote:
salaam never heard of this before. can you relate the meaning of the hadith as far as you can remember.
It goes like it was either the Prophet [peace be upon him] or the one of the Khulafa e Rashideen [ra] mostly the former [saws] who asked the followers to look for this animal in far off cities like yemen because they could not find it in or near the holy cities, and when they found it and reported, the Prophet [saws] heaved a sigh of relief, praised Allah and said the extinction of this animal is a sign of yaum ul Qiyamah. I have paraphrased it, if I've said anything wrong, may Allah forgive me. Aameen. 


sorry bro, tried searching google but couldnt find anything.

i would be interested to know this hadith too.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2013 22:03
I haven't seen anything on animal extinction. ..A hadith stated that people will die like sheep die from epedimics
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 25th March 2013 00:00
Yea there is a something regarding an animal being a sign of a qiyamah when it extincts. im not sure 100 percent but i think it might have been during one of the khalifa rashedeen time.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 25th March 2013 05:32
I dnt knw abt d animal....by inseects it may caterpillar
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Desi tadka's avatar
Offline
Heavens Thunder is o
829
Brother
66
Desi tadka's avatar
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2013 09:14
I came to know its Locusts but not very sure.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,989
Brother
365
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2013 10:00
 

No locusts were seen in one of the years of Umar's caliphate, the year in which he died, and becoming very anxious on this account he sent a rider to the Yemen, another to Iraq and another to Syria to enquire whether any locusts had been seen. The rider who came from the Yemen brought him a handful and scattered it in front of him, and when Umar saw it he said, "Allah is Most Great," and told that he had heard Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) say, "Allah who is great and glorious created a thousand species, six hundred in the sea and four hundred on the land. The first species to perish will be the locusts, and when they perish the species will follow one another like beads on a string." [Tirmidhi]

Rocky Mountain Locusts became extinct in 1875 while other species survive and the latest attack is on Cairo

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Desi tadka's avatar
Offline
Heavens Thunder is o
829
Brother
66
Desi tadka's avatar
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2013 10:36

[Edit: Quote removed]

jazakAllah khair shaikh muadh!

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,595
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2013 11:06

"Desi tadka" wrote:

Anyone?

I forgot the name, I think it starts with 'K', though not very sure.

MashaAllah, great find Muadh.

So, Desi tadka, it was loKust you were thinking of. Just kidding. It did get me searching for days, althouth the "k" was a distraction.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
UK
11,989
Brother
365
Muadh_Khan's avatar
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2013 11:14

"Desi tadka" wrote:

Anyone?

I forgot the name, I think it starts with 'K', though not very sure.

: - ) My head knew if was locusts but my eyes were telling me Kangaroo :-)

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Desi tadka's avatar
Offline
Heavens Thunder is o
829
Brother
66
Desi tadka's avatar
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2013 18:48

"Muadh_Khan" wrote:

"Desi tadka" wrote:

Anyone?

I forgot the name, I think it starts with 'K', though not very sure.

: - ) My head knew if was locusts but my eyes were telling me Kangaroo :-)

@abu mohammed and shaikh muadh, I didn't get muadh bhai's joke :-( although due credit should also be given to my bro [deo grad] who was the one who said it was locusts but was short of time to send me the Ahadith.

jazakAllah khair.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,595
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2013 19:17
I've removed one of your quotes, there's no need to quote especially if the post is directly above. Many of us use mobiles or the app to read the posts and sometimes we are reading the same thing over and over and it also fills the web page up very quickly.

Apologies for being direct but that's how I feel anyway. I hope you don't wish I was extinct (my name has a K too but inthe mmiddle)

Khair, Jazakallah for all your great contributions to the site. Much appreciated

Don't quote me on it ; )
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Desi tadka's avatar
Offline
Heavens Thunder is o
829
Brother
66
Desi tadka's avatar
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 28th March 2013 07:58
On pseudosufi forum, they say one thing and do another, demotivating you, so thanks for being direct, much appreciated.
Don't forget to stay that way ;-)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top