Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sweetmuslimahk1, Taalibah, super-glue, Yasin, ummi taalib, abu mohammed
5 guests appreciate this topic.
UK
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2012 12:18
Quote:
Problem is leaving youtube is like divorcing the wife for some people...[/quote]
[quote=abu mohammed]Your analogy is absurd about the wife and youtube.

I think the guest meant how addicted people are to youtube. Not put in the best way I think but I agree with that too. Same with facebook, it's like scraping a child away from sugar. Personally, I don't see how any Muslim will not agree and take part. It's so simple
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2012 12:51
+1 -0Like x 1
UK
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2012 20:37
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2012 20:40
I tried all day today to not use YouTube. It wasn't easy. Sitting in the office with no work is best spent learning the Deen, listening to talks etc. Unfortunately, YouTube has most of the stuff I could listen to, but I stayed away from it.
+2 -0Like x 2
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2012 00:14
abu mohammed wrote:
Your analogy is absurd about the wife and youtube.[/quote]

Dont worry I know how you feel, the truth usually hurts.

Yasin wrote:

However, the following is also Sunnah:
Quote:
Abu Saeed Al Khudri Radiallaho anho said: I heard the Prophet Sallaho alahi wassallam saying: If one amongst you sees an evil, he must change it with his hands. If he cannot do so, he must change it with his tongue. If he cannot do so he must feel bad in his heart - and that is the lowest level of Imaan. [Muslim]

This boycott doesn't really change anything, so this hadith does not apply here.

[quote="Yasin"]
Also, don't expect every Muslim to be on the same level of Taqwa as yourself. When someone does something bad, do you stop talking to them for a few days till it gets through to them, till a point is made etc or do you stop talking to them TOTALLY for the rest of your life?

I dont expect everyone to be on my (low) taqwa level, but if your going to do something you do it properly.

Just my two cents!

Salam

+0 -4Dislike x 4
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2012 00:42
why can't guests be barred from nonsense. mods should should just delete the rubbish they have to say.

why is the Hadith not right for doing even such a minute act, we don't go round burning embassies, we can't stop anyone, so the least we can do is show our support and hate it in our heart. sure, if we had the power, we would do anything and everything to have the video and its creator removed from the face of the earth.
get life and stop being a pedantic
+2 -0Like x 2
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2012 00:54
divorce.....

never thought about it, never tried it and pray to Allah that he don't show us that day.

if you think leaving youtube for 3 days is like leaving the wife, then I honestly do not wish to comment further as you might take the wrong end of the stick. get a life man!

divorce is not something you should take lightly, be serious about that topic.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Qatar, Doha
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2012 12:45
I didnt missit cos I did a smart one,

I looked for all the usefull shia free hajj videos and downloaded them 2 days ago.

+1 -0Like x 1
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2012 13:10
salam

yea its hard to leave youtube.. iv got kids and they love it.....

but evert lil helps....

if 100, 000 leave youtube the company loses advertisment value.. so there is a benefit. we may not see it but if the all the muslim govment get on board then we defo gonna see some change..

but the truth is the insult of our beloved (SAW) will increase, france has post cartoons of out Nabi (SAW)
+3 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 21st September 2012 00:20
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 21st September 2012 10:58

"Rumo" wrote:

BBC News - YouTube under new pressure over anti-Muslim film http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19648808

Alhumdulillah, a step in the direction. Good to see even the Russains taking a stance on this matter.

Dear respected Guest, who thought it was a waste of time, Its the intention that counts and the results are so far very positive.

The White House can't do anything, but the people who face the Kabah (The Black House) have more influence and power.

Alhumdulillah.

No post ratings
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 21st September 2012 11:52
I agree with the other guest. We should make dua -> much more effective than some useless boycott
+0 -3Dislike x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 21st September 2012 14:02
This guest-246425 has some serious issues. Are you Salafi by any chance guest? What's 246425?

You think this is useless? Are you an expert? Do have some unknown heavenly knowledge that we don't?

You can visit youtube and spend hours on it. Find your Duas on there too. When facebook host their draw Muhammad day, you can visit their site constantly too and make Dua. When Starbucks dedicate a portion of their profits to Israel to fund weapons to kill Palestians then you can go and sit in Starbucks drinking their overpriced coffee while making Duaa.

But just stop being such a sad old grumpy negative soul and telling people that the boycott is useless. When my actions and intentions don't outweigh yours on the day of Qiyaamah, then you tell me it was useless. Until then, I suggest you say something of benefit or remain silent.
+3 -0Like x 3
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 21st September 2012 15:02
For your info, i dont use youtube nor do i use facebook!
I dont need youtube to get my duas, so basically before they have your "draw muhammed day", why not stop using it in advance.

and your probabally going to be the last of my worries on the day of qiyamah

BTW every muslim is a salafi, following the pious predecessors, so YES i am a salafi.
+0 -2Dislike x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 21st September 2012 15:44
Allahu akber. we Muslims at times like these need to be united. we shouldn't be fighting amongst each other. how do we expect the help of allah to come when we cant unite our selves.

in my opinion botth parties have misunderstood each other. the guest who is of the opinion that we should boycott youtube completely is correct as it may hav beneficial stuff but also has harmfull stuff. the harmful stuff out weigh the good stuff. this is the same reason why alcohol was made haram cos the harms of it outweighed the benefits.

also its 100% guaranteed that a person even though watching halal on youtube will eventually come to something which is haram. so we hav been advised to not even go near anything that is dangerous for our imaan.

those who use youtube and cant live without it if they want to show there love for islaam by boycotting youtube then thats there choice.

finally brothers are requested if u dont agree with another brothers opinion then dont critisize it just mention yours

+1 -0Like x 1