Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taqwah, abu mohammed, sweetmuslimahk1, Yasin, Maria al-Qibtiyya
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2012 21:11

I have heard many Muslim women say on national TV that they have read the Quran cover to cover and not once did it mention anywhere that women should cover their hair.

The most famous person I've heard say this is a very popular journalist.

Well Imam Shafi' read the Quran 3 times, cover to cover looking for one answer and he finally found his answer in the Quran.

Well ladies, if you have the correct intentions then you will always find your answers. How many women have only lifted the Quran for this reason only?

report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2012 21:13
Surah An-Noor, Verse 31:

And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need (of women), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; and let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known; and turn to Allah all of you, O believers! so that you may be successful. (English - Shakir)

via iQuran
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2012 21:27
Surah Ahzaab-Ayah 59

"Oh Prophet instruct your wives, daughters and women believers to cover themselves up with their outer garments so that they shall not be known and thus hurt, and God is Forgiving and Merciful" .
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 16th April 2012 21:29
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2012 15:19
Another one who openly shows the worship of desires

Here is a list of my main objections: By Yasmin Alibai Brown (my addition in red)

1. While modesty is required of Muslim men and women and men are asked to "lower their gazes", Well, Yasmin, Women are also asked to lower their gazes there is no injunction to hide the hair, and the verses on coverings have different interpretationsEven though is is clear cut, you look through it. The Prophet's wives were veiled to stop harassers and supplicants. Saudis use big money to push their fanatically anti-woman Islam in this country. Each niqab is one more win in that assault on hearts and minds.

2. Iranian, Afghan, Saudi and other Muslim women are beaten and tortured for the smallest sartorial transgression. European Muslims donning the niqab are giving succour to the oppressors in those countries.

3. They say it stops molestation and is a mark of respect. Oh yeah? So tell me why there are appalling levels of rape and violence in Muslim landsIn comparison to what?. And by implication do we, European women who don't cover, therefore deserve molestation?Putting words into peoples mind! The women who choose to go bear are not showing respect in front of their creator. It is to show modesty to your creator, not to mortal men only. When you stand in front of the Queen, you want to look your best, but roaming the streets of the world when you are always in front of your lord, you dont care!

4. It is a form of female apartheid, of selected segregation tacitly saying non-veiled women are pollutants.polluting the minds of other men around, giving them their chance to do zina/fornication of the eyes. There is such a thing as society and we connect with our faces. A veiled female withholds herself from that contact and reads our faces,They arent out there for poker thus gaining power over the rest of us.

5. "Choice" cannot be the only consideration. And anyway, there is no evidence that all the women are making rational, independent decisions. As with forced marriages, they can't refusewake up, dont mix culture with Islam. Some are blackmailed and others obey because they are too scared to say what they really want. Some are convinced they will go to hell if they show themselves. Some bloody choice.

6. It sexualises girls and women in the same way as "erotic" garb does and is just as obscene.Your mind needs a detox, what garbage.

7. When a woman is fully shrouded, how do we know if she is a victim of domestic violence?Thats what the Shariah is for, Our woman have rights, People like you are telling them that they don't

8. God gave women femininity and individuality. Why should we bury those gifts? How grotesque to ask a women to parcel herself up and be opened up by only her husband.Dont you ever wrap your gifts? Would you walk nude or semi nude down the road? My wife is for me eyes only and I am for my wifes eyes only. If you want to share your husband with others and vcie versa, thats your choice and its the wrong choice

9. What an insult this is to Muslim men - the accusation that they will jump any woman not protected with a cloth.and this is your intellect, lol Are we to assume that sexuality snakes around every male-female contact, even between a surgeon and patient, bank clerk and customer, teacher and pupil?Yes, the devil/evil runs in or viens, we gotta be careful

10. When on hajj in Mecca, men and unveiled women pray together.Well I'm sure they arent there to eye each other out, rather they are there in fear and love of their creator The Saudis want to change that.

11. The niqab is pre-Islamic, was worn byupper-class Byzantine women to keep away from riff-raff.So it just shows, that modesty goes back a very long time, especialyamongts the elite, well educated, religious, non religious etc etc

12. Muslim women in the 1920s and 1930s threw off these garments to claim freedom - my mother's generation. Now I see why your comments are so un Islamic an un humaneTheir struggles are dishonoured by brainwashed females.Its the other way round

13. Veil supporters say they are going back to the original Islamic texts and lives. But they don't ride camels, and have mobile phones and computers. So they can embrace modernity but refuse to on this.Perversion will remain, technology will advance, what a childish comment. Are you saying that exposing your self is modernity and modesty is backwards?

14. These women who fight for their rights to veil do not fight for the rights of those of us who won't.May Allah reward them with Jannatul Firdaus

15. They say it is free will, but in three private Muslim schools in Britain, girls have to wear niqab and are punished for not obeying.Ever heard of something called the dress code, if they dont want to wear it, leave the school. They are at the school and have follow its rules The same is true in many families and communities.

16. Most importantly, all these cloth casings accept that females are dangerous and evil, that their presence only creates inner and outer havoc in men and public spaces. All religions believe that to some extent. Feminists must fight these prejudices.Women need to learn Islam and truly appreciate their value in oureyes and the eyes of humanity, they should not learn Islam and its religious rules from uneducated people like you and I

More arguments are on the website of British Muslims for Secular Democracy, which I co-founded. Bans are too harsh, but without some state intervention most Muslim women will be rendered faceless and probably voiceless too. We have societal expectations and conventions - naturists can't go about starkers; motorbike helmets are removed in office receptions; woman don't wear tight miniskirts to serious job interviews. A dress code for Muslim women when in public institutions would free up our faith from the grip of fanatics and reintegrate us into our country.

Remember, when France disallowed hijab in schools, there were similar, dark warnings. All is calm today. As Almira, a 17- year-old, told me: "The state looked after us." Ours must too.

www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/yasmin-alibhai...

Dont let these low women of high position degrade our women and Deen.

If only women really knew the value and rights the women have in Islam.

Why is Islam spreading faster amongst the women, especially the intelectual ones?
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2012 15:25
Boxer Muhammad Ali Defends Muslim Women (hijab aka headscarf, scarf, head cover)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aORT_kcBuLw

A must watch interview with Muhammad Ali and his heavy weight defence of the Hijab.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2012 15:52
We all know what Christianity and Judaism says about Hijab so I wont go into detail here. Take a look at other religions too. Its not just in Islam!

Hijab / Purdah in Hindu Vedas

Excerpts from Dr. Zakir Naik's response to a question on Hijaab: [You may want to see the 9 min Video, atleast the last 4 mins]

Hindu Scriptures wrote:
Rig Veda Book no. 8 Hymn no. 33 V. no. 19

When Brahma has made you a woman, you should lower your gaze and should not look up. You should put your feet together and you should not reveal what the garment and the veil conceals
[/quote]

So the Rig Veda says that the woman should wear the veil. They should lower their gaze and should not stare.

It is further mentioned in Rig Veda Book no. 10 Hymn no. 85 V. no.30

[quote="Hindu Scriptures"]Unlovely is the person is the husband who covers his thighs with the garment of his wife

So the Rig Veda says that wearing the clothes of the opposite sex (cross dressing) is prohibited.

It is further mentioned in the Mahavir Charitra Act 2 Page 71 that When Purshuram comes, Rama tells his wife Sita that "He is our elder, please lower your gaze, and put on the veil"
Rama tells his wife Sita to put on the veil and to lower her gaze.

If you read the historical books that talk about the Coin Age (Gupta and the post-Gupta period), you will see coins on which there are pictures of Indain woman wearing the veils. And the veils cover their shoulders, and some go upto the arms. There are many Indian woman in the villages who wear the veils, some of the woman even cover their faces

Youtube: Hindu Women Questions Dr. Zakir Naik about Hijab www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp5ORAqZIlA
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2012 16:49
islamictarbiyah[dot]com

/upload_publicationIrshad/60_O_31-%20Hijab%20without%20the%20veil%20pdf.pdf
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2012 17:00