You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Seifeddine-M, Taalibah, Jinn, Naqshband66, abu mohammed
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 29th June 2011 21:19
Salaam, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to start a thread on clothes.

Only problem is that the title should be "Does my bum look big in this" the answer would be yes so please wear something loose as this is the correct way.

Why are our sisters in hijab constantly on the catwalk?

Why do our brothers have to be ambassadors to unislamic brands.

From underware to specs, we are walking talking ads.

Long live the Sunnah.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2011 00:34
Imitation

Ibn Umar (radiallahu anhuma) reported: The Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wasallam) said, "Whoever imitates a people, is one of them." [Abu Dawud]

Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (radiallahu anhuma) also relates that: "He who imitates the kuffar and dies in that state, he will be raised up with them on the Day of Qiyamat."

According to Shari'ah

Here, the question arises regarding "What clothes should be worn according to shareeah"? Shareeah says that anything which is worn to cover up the satr (prescribed areas of concealment for men and women) is permissible. (For men this is from the navel to beneath the knees and for women it is her whole body except the face and hands). [Note: Even if the face of a woman is not considered nakedness, it will be obligatory to cover it if there is a danger of fitnah - Radd al-Muhtar)

This means a man could wear a 3 piece suit but it depends on the intention of the person. If he wears it with the intention to cover his satr, then it is deemed permissible but if it were worn to integrate amongst the people then that is imitation. Likewise, a person can wear jeans if he wears it with the intention to cover himself but four example if he bought a pair specifically that was torn near the knee as part of its design whereas he had the choice to buy a pair that was just plain, then that would be imitation.

This means that we can wear shirts and jeans etc. so long as we have the correct intention, but why is it that we see so many scholars and religious people wearing the turban and the long dress.

Love For The Prophet (saw)

Hadhrat Anas (R.A.) narrates that Rasulullaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "The person possessing three qualities shall taste the sweetness of Imaan. The first is that he loves Allaah and His Nabi (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) more than anything else. The second is that he loves others solely for the sake of Allaah. The third is that once Allaah has rescued him from kufr, he detests returning to it as much as he detests being cast into a fire." [Bukhari Vol. 1, Pg. 7]

Hadhrat Anas (radiallaahu 'anh) also narrates that the Nabi (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "None can possess true Imaan until I am more beloved to him than his parents, children and the entire humanity." (Bukhari)

Many claim to love the beloved Prophet sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam, but yet they will then shave their beards, forsake the sunnah dress and instead wear the latest designer clothes, careing more about what the kuffaar think, rather than what Allaah azza wa jal and His Rasool sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam think.

Think of the all the good effects that can happen to our afterlife if we imitate the Holy Prophet of Allah and take Muhammad Peace and Blessings be upon Him as an example and make him our rolemodel. He Peace and Blessings be upon Him was the best of creation and the perfect example of how to lead our lives. There is a hadeeth of the Prophet Peace and Blessings be upon Him that "a person will be with whom he loves the most".

People tend to copy their idols and those they hold high in their eyes, therefore by copying the clothing that the prophet Peace and Blessings be upon Him wore or that which has a close resemblance, this is a manner in which we can show our love for the prophet Peace and Blessings be upon Him and be with him on the day of judgement. Like the Prophet Peace and Blessings be upon Him said "whoever imitates a group he is from them" meaning that whoever imitates a group will be raised with them on the day of judgement. If we imitate the Prophet Peace and Blessings be upon Him, the on the Day of Resurrection we will be raised with him and he will intercede on behalf of us to Allah.

Reward for reviving a Sunnah

Hadhrat Mujaddid Alf Thaani (rahmatullaahi 'alaih) writes, "Please understand the value of the Sunan and strive to revive them!'

Rasulullaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, 'The person who revives my Sunnah at a time of strife and corruption will receive the reward of a hundred martyrs.' (Mishkaatul Masaabeeh, page 30).

Imaam Maalik رضي الله عنه likened the Sunnah to the ark of Hadhrat Nooh (A.S.) in that those who board are saved and those who do not are drowned (led astray).

(Fataawa Rahimiyyah, Volume 1, page 304)

See also:

Imitating The Disbelievers http://www.muftisays.com/blog/Seifeddine-M/1053_26-01-2011/imitating-the-disbelievers.html

Whoever Imitates A Group Then He Is From Amongst Them! http://www.muftisays.com/blog/Seifeddine-M/1455_20-04-2011/whoever-imitates-a-group-then-he-is-from-amongst-them!.html

The Reward Of A Hundred Martyrs http://www.muftisays.com/blog/Seifeddine-M/1714_18-06-2011/the-reward-of-a-hundred-martyrs.html

+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2011 02:32
this probably doesn't relate to the sisters who use this site, bit I'm sure you know many sisters you could tell.

I remember making a moan about this on a different thread. The excuse the sisters come up with, is, My Husband wants me to wear this.

It's a pathetic state. Our sisters dress so scantily and call it an Islamic dress. I have seen, unintentionally, sisters who wear jilbabs so tight that they must find it very difficult to breath in them. There is no room to inhale or exhale.

SISTERS, PLEASE, YOU'RE MAKING IT MORE AND MORE DIFFICULT FOR US TO WALK THE STREETS.

The brothers on the other hand are going towards the Sunnah and at the same time, adopting a gangster look with designer head gear, shades, clothes with subliminal messages on their tops and glasses. The worst one is the four letter logo which I do not intend to advertise.

Ok, fair enough, the clothes are needed. But you can get a non branded item and still look good.

I like branded goods as they tend to last longer. But I try to keep the brand hidden. For example, if I like a shirt with brand name Haramain, for example, but I don't want to advertise it, then I would get it with no visible logo. Just the label at the back. I have the quality I like without advertising.

It's all about show man ship.

Are we trying to say, hey look at me, I'm a size 8, or, hey I'm loaded.

What's wrong with us. Do we love the Rasul or not. Why do we give preference to the way of the kuffar and pray Salah in Jewish clothes.

That's right, we say Allahu Akbar with Jewish names on our chest, gay designer labels on our jeans and tops.

How many of us have a Jewish name stitched to our back side whilst in sajdah in the house if Allah.

Why do the sisters think that they have to out dress the next sister. Dress up all you want, but for your husbands not for us.

The sisters will be questioned about this and they will blame 4 men. The father, the brother, the husband or the son. She will say, "well, he didn't stop me".

Brothers, wake up. Slap your sisters.
Sisters, wake up. Slap your brothers. (Metaphorically speaking)

One more thing, the kuffar have said on many occasions that they like the way the Muslim women dress, why? Because they reveal more of their body by covering up. What's the bleeping point. Loosen up. Adopt the Sunnah.

We have adopted the attitudes of "This is nothing, watch this". We try to out do each other. Why can't we try to out do each other in our manners and akhlaq.
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2011 02:57
Reminds of the hadith of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam), "There will be women who will be dressed but they will be naked. Their heads will be like the humps of camels. They will not enter Jannah and will not even smell the scent of Jannah while it can be smelt from a far distance." [Sahih Muslim] Another hadith mentions that one can smell the scent of Jannah from a distance traveled in seventy years.

This clearly applies to Muslim women, as the kuffaar will not enter Jannah anyway.

Muslim women will have clothes on but they will be so tight and figure hugging that all parts of their bodies will be on display. Today we see clothes marketed that are so tight that all they conceal is the color of the skin.

Modesty

Ibn `Umar (رضي الله عنهما) reported: Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) passed by a man of the Ansar who was admonishing his brother regarding shyness. Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, "Leave him alone, for modesty is a part of 'Iman (faith).''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

`Imran ibn Husain (رضي الله عنهما) reported: Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, "Shyness does not bring anything except good.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

In a narration of Muslim: Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, "All of shyness is good.''

Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه) reported: Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, "Iman (faith) has sixty odd or seventy odd branches. The uppermost of all these is the Testimony of Faith: `La ilaha illallah' (there is no true god except Allah) while the least of them is the removal of harmful object from the road. And shyness is a branch of 'Iman (faith).''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (رضي الله عنه) reported: Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) was even shier than a virgin behind her veil. When he saw something which he disliked, we could perceive it on his face.
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

This ahadeeth enlightens us on the excellence of modesty, which serves the good purpose of preventing man from the disobedience of Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) and from immoral and evil pursuits.

Sayyidna Uthman (R.A.)

The Prophet (saw) said, "Should I not be shy of a man around whom the angels are shy?" (Muslim]

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2011 14:39

Do women even ask men these questions? I have no idea?

Hijabi Sisters do wear colourful and fancy clothes so the best thing is to "ignore" the issue. The fight is in "our head"

I heard Shaykh (Maulana) Ahmed Laat Saheb (HA) in a Bayan in my youth:

زُيِّنَ لِلنَّاسِ حُبُّ ٱلشَّهَوَٲتِ مِنَ ٱلنِّسَآءِ وَٱلۡبَنِينَ وَٱلۡقَنَـٰطِيرِ ٱلۡمُقَنطَرَةِ مِنَ ٱلذَّهَبِ وَٱلۡفِضَّةِ وَٱلۡخَيۡلِ ٱلۡمُسَوَّمَةِ وَٱلۡأَنۡعَـٰمِ وَٱلۡحَرۡثِ‌ۗ ذَٲلِكَ مَتَـٰعُ ٱلۡحَيَوٰةِ ٱلدُّنۡيَا‌ۖ وَٱللَّهُ عِندَهُ ۥ حُسۡنُ ٱلۡمَـَٔابِ

[3:14] It has been made attractive for people to love the desired things; that is, women, children, hoarded heaps of gold and silver, branded horses, cattle and tillage. That is an enjoyment of the worldly life; but with Allah lies the beauty of the final resort.

Half the time when we think that women are attractive they are NOT, Shaytaan makes them so

Over the years if you analyse women whom your gaze has fallen upon and you have considered them pretty you will realise in a cold/calculated analysis that actually they were NOT pretty at all!

I mean many women are indeed very attractive but most of them are ordinary in reality.

So as I have always said that the fight for men is in the "head", if you long after women you will physically follow...If you train your mind to "ignore women" your physical body will follow.

The whole point of Tassawuff is first winning the battle of "mind"

Then winning the battle of the "gaze"

And physical issue never occurs, Insha'Allah.

You HAVE to convince yourself in the "head", first.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2011 18:05

The statement is of a kuffar mentality that we as Muslims have adopted. The question is often asked to coincide with their attempt to show their figure to the opposite gender. And the pathetic guy concurs.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2011 19:11

"abu mohammed" wrote:
The statement is of a kuffar mentality that we as Muslims have adopted. The question is often asked to coincide with their attempt to show their figure to the opposite gender. And the pathetic guy concurs.

Asslamo Allaikum,

If a wife is asking about her "whatever" from her husband then thats fine, isn't it?

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2011 19:38

Asslamo Allaikum,

Actually to invite the husband to look at her physical features would be a means of reward for her, I think because I don't know much about women issues...

Jazakullah Khairun

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2011 19:43

"Muadh_Khan" wrote:

"abu mohammed" wrote:

Asslamo Allaikum,

If a wife is asking about her "whatever" from her husband then thats fine, isn't it?

No objection

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2011 19:44
FOR HIS EYES ONLY.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 30th June 2011 19:46

"abu mohammed" wrote:

"Muadh_Khan" wrote:

"abu mohammed" wrote:

Asslamo Allaikum,

No objection

Cool...

We went to see Shaykhul-Hadeeth (Maulana) Sameerud-deen Qasmi (HA) in Manchster and a brother asked some "strange questions" about something about women so (Maulana) replied...

Sayyidina Umar (RA) answered the question for you by approaching Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) so the solution to your issue is to get married and try all this stuff on your wife!

I started giggling and Maulana said, "What are you giggling about?"

:-) I shut up real quick! :-)

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2011 18:12
Allah forgive, but I just witnessed another fashion statement.

So I have another question.

Why are sisters also wearing their trousers above their ankles?

The hadith, "maa asfala minal ka'baine minal izzare fafin naar"

"What ever is below the ankles from the izaar (trousers or lower cloth) is in hell fire."

This is only for men.

Imam Bukhari rahimahullah has brought it under the "chapter of whatever droops below the ankle, then that is in fire", hadith #5787

باب ما أسفل من الكعبين فهو في النار

حدثنا آدم، حدثنا شعبة، حدثنا سعيد بن أبي سعيد المقبري، عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه، عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال: «ما أسفل من الكعبين من الإزار ففي النار»

صحيح البخاري (7/ 141)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2011 19:18
Women are required to cover not only their ankles, but also their feet according to one opinion.

Scholars have differed regarding the feet of the woman : are they`awrah in
salah, or outside salah, or both or neither? There are differences among the
Hanafis themselves, and there exist three authentic opinions in the madhhab:

1. That the feet are nakedness

This is based on the direct implication of the hadith,
"When a girl reaches puberty, it is not appropriate that any of
her should be seen, excepting her face, and her hands upto the
wrists." [Narrated by : Abu Dawud; It is a mursal
narration at the level of hasan.]

It is also strengthened by the narration that the Prophet (may Allah bless
him and grant him peace) was asked, when he mentioned the prohibition of
dragging the lower garment, about what women should do with the ends of
their garments.

He said, 'They should extend them a span.' Umm Salamah said,
'Then, their feet will be uncovered!' He said, 'Then, they should
extend them a cubit, not exceeding that.' [Narrated by:
Tirmidhi, who graded it as hasan sahih, Nasa'i and
Abu Dawud, with the words, "then she will be
uncovered."]

This opinion was presented as the madhhab of Abu Hanifah by al-Quduri in
"Bidayat al-Mubtadi", and is also espoused by al-Jassas in "Ahkam al-
Qur'an" and by Qadi-Khan. Similarly, in Sharh al-Aqta`, it is stated, "The
authentic [opinion] is that it is `awrah, from the apparent [implication] of
the report." [See al-Bunayah, vol. II, p. 63] Of the latter Hanafi
scholars, al-Ghunaymi has inclined towards this view in "al-Lubab." The
feet are also considered nakedness by Imams Malik, al-Shafi`i and Ahmad
ibn Hanbal.

2. That they are not nakedness

The argument for this is based on two points:
i. If the establishment of the nakedness is by the saying of Allah, the
Exalted, (translated), "And let them not show their beauty, except
that of it which is apparent," then the foot is not customarily a
location of beauty (it may be for a minority, but regulations are set
according to the general rule), and thus Allah, the Exalted, has said,
(translated), "And let them not strike their feet in order to make
known that adornment which they are hiding," i.e. the ringing of
anklets, and this conveys that the feet themselves are of the beauty
which is apparent. This is fortified by the fact that the Mother of the
Believers, `A'ishah, said, commenting on the verse, (translated),
"And let them not show their beauty except that of it which is
apparent", "the toe-ring, a silver ring which is [placed] on the toes."
[Narrated by Ibn Abi Hatim, as quoted by Ibn Taymiyyah
in "Hijab al-Mar'ah", p. 17.]

ii. If the establishment is by the Prophet's saying, "The woman is to be
covered," along with it being established that some of her body is
excluded due to hardship of [avoiding] exposure, then, by analogy, it
should necessitate that the feet also be excluded, due to the
corroboration of hardship. This is because she would be put to
hardship by her foot showing when she walked barefooted or with
shoes, for she may not always find khuffs or socks with which to
cover them. Along with this, desire is not aroused by looking at the
foot such as is aroused by looking at the face, and so if the face is not
`awrah, in spite of the plentiful arousal of desire, then the foot is
more appropriate to remain uncovered in view of the hardship
associated with covering it. [See "Fath al-Qadir" : al-Hidayah
with its commentaries, vol. I, p.225, and al-Bunayah, vol.
II, p.63.]

This opinion has been reported by al-Hasan from Abu Hanifah. Al-
Marghinani graded it as the more authentic opinion in "al-Hidayah", and Ibn
al-Humam and al-`Ayni acknowledged this in their commentaries thereof.
This view has been presented as the madhhab by latter mutun, such as
"Nur al-Idah" and "al-Durr al-Mukhtar". al-Thanvi concluded in "I`la al-
Sunan" that it is sounder from the point of rationale.

3. That they are nakedness outside salah, but not in salah
Ibn `Abidin reported this as one of the authentic views in "Radd al-Muhtar".
It may be noted that Hafiz Ibn Taymiyyah, the Hanbali, also favored this
opinion. He says,
"And similar [is the case with] the foot. It is permissible for her
to show it [in salah] according to Abu Hanifah, and [this] is the
stronger [position], for `A'ishah considered it of the apparent
beauty. . . . . So, this is an evidence that women used to show
their feet initially, just as they used to show their faces and
hands . . . . for they used not to walk in khuffs or shoes.
[Moreover], to cover these in [salah] poses a great hardship,
and Umm Salamah said, 'A woman should pray in an ample
garment which covers the tops of her feet,' and so when she
makes sajdah, the bottoms of her feet may show." [Hijab al-
Mara'ah wa-Libasuha fi al-Salah, pp. 17-18]

Some scholars opined that the feet are not nakedness in that she is not required
to cover them, but they are nakedness for the purposes of looking and touching,
i.e. it is not permissible for stranger men to look at or touch her feet. (end)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2014 19:13
A woman dressed completely is indeed loose abaya, and has gloves and socks and has hijab on her eyes too.
What would the men be able to see?

Glittrery, shimery abayas do attract the attraction of even women. Why do some women buy them? Because those abayas look good.Whats the problem with a plain black abaya? That its too simple?
We have forgotten the true meaning of Hijab, or maybe we know that but dont want to accept.

One may wear a long chaddar ( hijab) to make the abayah a bit less fancy.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2014 19:14
And like brother blackturban said, its better to explain the detail / detail of your case to a mufti
No post ratings