Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

London Bombings

You have contributed 31.3% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Earth
Unspecified
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2005 19:55
Salaam

I Just wanted 2 know the views of fellow muslims about the recent attacks on London & the way the media has been covering the story. I personally thought some parts of the media were trying 2 blame Islam even though Islam clearly forbids killing civillians.

Jazakallah
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2005 23:07
Interesting topic!

The latest discussion ive come across seems to be - is it because muslims are not intergrating enuf ? - it seems to be portrayed that the answer is yes. Many non-muslims think that muslims isolate themselves. But then again what does intergration mean. Does it mean loosing a sense of culture? loosing your morals? or just simply loosing your whole way of life?

And what kind of affect does these type of attitudes on the muslim community. Does it isolate and alienate them even more so? or does it make them more convinced that they need to balance thier religion better?

What do others think of this. Especially those living in multicultural environments.

R muslims really not intergrated enough - is that the problem.....
No post ratings
Rank Image
Earth
Unspecified
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2005 02:12
The thing about Muslims intergrating Ponderer, it really depends on what u mean. Most western people intergrate down the Pub & nightclub, getting drunk, vomiting & doing other haraam acts. Good muslims don't go there, thats why we don't intergrate in that sense. Thats losing your morals. It does create a problem coz having a good time 4 a non-muslim usually means having a beer, how many non-muslim would take an invite 2 a "intergration party" held by muslims. ALL ARE INVITED ALTHOUGH THIS IS A NON-ALCOHOL PARTY, Not many I'd think. Also Moral Values dont really exist in the UK, moral values come from Religions like Judaism, Christianty & Islam, so unless ur a good christian which is hardly any1 in the UK, the non moral value conflicts with the muslim morals.
No post ratings
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2005 23:45
To me intergration can mean one of two things: adopting the way of life of the indigenous population OR trying to be active participants to build a healthy community.

I dont think theres nything wrong with muslims leading active, healthy lives for example muslims becoming teacher, doctors, nurses, midwives etc these are essential roles. That type of intergration is praiseworthy. But the other type of intergration where you adopt another way of life is ubsurd. And unfortunately what come across is that most of britians non-muslims and muslims even are not satisfied with only the former. They dnt want the hijaabis, the beards, the time and space needed to pray salah at work or open a fast. That dont want muslims to be ideological or physically anything like what a muslim shud be! Thier issue is 'whats wrong with just being a good person?' 'you dnt need to be so stringent to be a good person'.

And this type of thinking pressurizes the muslims today to think - where do the muslims of britain stand? what does our future in britain look like........
No post ratings
Rank Image
Earth
Unspecified
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 20th July 2005 22:18
Most Muslims have intergrated. Adopting the way of life - Thats a very long & complex question, I think being an active participant of the community is the right 1. Firstly under Islam, Muslims must obey the laws of the land unless they had laws which prevented Muslims from observing their Faith. So a Muslim would have no problems living in the UK.

(Sorry 4 da history lesson but I need 2 say it 2 prove my points.)The first muslims ever 2 sit foot on Britain was in the 1400's they were from Yemen. The first mosque built in Britain was just over a hundred years ago & the biggest influx of muslims were after WW2 & 60's, so Muslims have been here 4 a long time & didn't just pop up after 9/11.

I think Muslims have been a very important part of the British community. Firstly after WW2 Britain was short of factory workers so Pakistani Muslims were recruited 4 those jobs which was very important 4 the industry, also they were short on Doctors, so they got Indian muslims along with Hindus & Sikhs, without them there would b no NHS. Muslims shop owners played a big part in the whole Country, coz they were such hard workers they opened their shop on Sundays, at a time when everything use 2b shut. They changed the whole working hours in Britain. This 1 was probably the biggest contribution of all, Food! every1 needs food right! "Indian food" although it was actually the Bangladeshi Muslims that started the Business, (Most Indian resturants are owned by Bangladeshis) they helped millions of Brits enjoy Gr8 food & the Indian is still the No.1 Dish in the UK. Although thats a brief history & now muslims in Britain have taken pretty diverse careers, so Muslims have intergrated greatly & the fact that most ppl didn't notice muslims b4 9/11 can been seen as a good thing coz muslims were doing their own thing without really disrupting the community & Muslims never attacked the Country until 7 July.

But coming off that topic, the main reason ppl think why London was attacked is coz of Islam. Even though British Muslims fully condemn the Attacks u still have 2 look at the reason why it was attacked. The MAIN reason is the Foreign Policy of the UK & US. They are attacking Iraq in an illegal war & now the country is in a mess. Full support of Israel even though they know they are commiting terrible acts on Palastinians. The worst massacre after WW2 happened in Bosina in Europe, UK & other european countries did nothing even though they knew it was happening right near their door step. Things don't happen 4 no reason & Britain must address that issue otherwise this will not b resolved.

Its not really about Muslims intergrating its about western foreign policy but then again it could b the SIGN about The World going against the Muslims, it really does look like that 2 me.
No post ratings
Unspecified
Unspecified
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 21st July 2005 07:13
Very interesting topic...

To be quite honest, I think that we are in denial if we do not see this mounting hatred against us as a sign of the difficult times to come; when holding onto one's deen will be like holding onto hot coals.

But our striving must continue in the direction of presenting Islam and its beauty to the people amongst whom we live, through our everyday interactions with them.

I recently saw my brother wearing a red wrist band emblazoned with Islam~Peace. (well it wasn't that obvious cos' it was just embossed on the band)

I'm not sure about the colour red, but I do think that it opens up the path for dialogue ...

...Imagine you're on the bus/train and you're holding onto the bars or whatever, your wrist is probably being looked at by around 5 people ... especially if you sport a beard or hijab. A wristband of this nature may just improve the image of the Muslims, or atleast remove some of the fear that people have for the bearded brother / veiled sister.

Or if at work, a curious mind may inquire as to the adornment which is so out of character for your simple self :D, thus opening a path to dialogue... an opportunity to present Islam.

If anyone knows who is manufacturing the bands and where they can be obtained from, I'd be grateful for the info.

Jazakallah Khairun

Wassalaam
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 21st July 2005 11:11
Salaams,

Whenever anything atrocious happens in the world, it is always the muslims who will get the blame as they are the scapegoat of society.

The negative potrayal of muslims through the media makes life difficult for practising muslims after such events.

However there is a positive side to this.

This is that through the grace of Allah, people become more inquisite about Islam and try to find out about it!

It is through this that many people become muslims!!!!!!!!

Hence the fastest growing religion in the whole world is Islam!!!!!!!!

Also in everyday conversations even common people talk about Islam and it's values!

If you get treated well by non muslims, be grateful to Allah that there are some people who have not been brainwashed by the bias propaganda via the media.

We as muslims must try our utmost best to posses the aklaak (character)
of the Sahabahs.

We must also remember the whole muslim ummah in our duas.

Salaams
No post ratings
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 21st July 2005 23:35
shahly wrote:
Very interesting topic...

To be quite honest, I think that we are in denial if we do not see this mounting hatred against us as a sign of the difficult times to come; when holding onto one's deen will be like holding onto hot coals.

I think the br has put it in a nutshell. Things are going to get worse....much worse.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd July 2005 10:44
Salaams,

May Allah safeguard all the muslims at such times. Ameen

Salaams
No post ratings
Rank Image
stamford hill
Unspecified
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd July 2005 22:43
in a way there propagating islam more and more n more none muslims are gono be in intrested In the religon that is propagated by the media as 'violent' n wen they do reserch they will realise islam is only based on 'peace'. May Allah keep the hearts of all Muslims peaceful, Ameen
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2005 14:47
Salaam

I think it is important for us as Muslims to paint a true picture of Islam. But we should not be defensive about what some "so called" Muslims did because its not Islam's fault, what happened had other reasons and we as Muslims need to make that clear.

I do agree with my brothers that times will be harder in the future. But here's something else to consider some people will use what happened on 7th July 2005 as propaganda against Islam and Muslims, because Islam rejects certain practices that they participate in.

w/Salaam

No post ratings
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 4th October 2005 15:53
W/Salam,

Please do not forget the most important thing. They have not given any proof or real evidence that it was Muslims behind it. All their claims and accusations have been broken with simple logic. Until they do not show real evidence, or real footage, we should not doubt our Muslim brothers. We are not the Kuffar.

Wassalam

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Unspecified
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2005 20:26
Assalamualaykum,
there are alot of interesting views, i agree with most of you.

people will always be critical of Islam, however i feel that its up to us, to show people what Islam really is about, if spreading naseeha may be a problem then i feel that atleast through our actions show people the nature of muslims. we should be the best of people as our beloved prophet (saw) was the greatest of all mankind and we should be following his example, it is so sad to see today that so many muslims are forgettin their basic morals and it is the non muslims who see this and it just adds to their anti - islamic perception.

there have been undoubtadly so many racial comments being thrown at muslims, so much rude and insulting things made at muslims, but i personally believe that whomsoever Allah سبحانه وتعالى guides non can be misguided and whomsoever he misguides non guide.

going back to what a brother/sister said about integration, some interesting points you made there. i feel that there are so many non muslims in this society who also chose not to integrate, however they do not say anything to that.
i also feel that muslims aswell as other people of diffrent faiths have the right to practise their religion freely, the media do not say anythign to this. it gets really frustrating when people always pick on islam and muslims, they are always so quick to criticise rather than to look and understand!

May Allah gives us the capability to have patience and also give good advice
remember me in ur duaas.
wassalam

No post ratings
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2005 21:29
On the comments of what Yasin said, I was unsure if Muslims did the bombings but we must face up to facts that Muslims are being brainwashed by other so called Muslims. A lot of bombings are done by so called Muslims around the world, although when you hear about Mosques being bombed in Iraq I think that "other people" are doing them, I dont think even the a Muslim with very small belief in Islam would ever think of bombing a Mosque let alone a more religious one which the Media say are the ones doing it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
East London
Unspecified
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2006 07:59
Asalaam Alaikum wr wb

Like in shariah law, there are those who are qualified to contruct opinions of reliability based on knowledge. The london bombings was not an islamic let alone a muslim event. It is another false flag operation, where the government plans out a crisis and blames another group to forward thier agenda. All evidence points to the british secret service and its allies. Just as the 9/11 was that of the CIA and its allies, they did a "rehersal" as you like on the exact date and times of both these terrorist events. Do your research and find out, the london bombings also has a TV report by ITN news on exactly year before the london bombings, reporting on a "DRILL" to see what would happen if the trains were bombed at the exact same time they did on 7/7. It is also wise to note they are pushing for a global goverment. So far all these events are in accoordance to the prophet Muhammed s.a.w narrations regarding the arrival of Dajaal who will be set up as a world leader (please correct me if im wrong). But please don't get fuddled up into politics, its full of corruption and shocking truths, complaining about them all day will not help, instead we must follow the way of the prophet Muhhamed s.a.w and his companions r.a. and push for an islamic system of law. If you "impeach" bush, take away Tony blair, there will only be another puppet leader. I suggest instead you study Islam and let Allah swt rightly guide you inshAllah, he is the ultimate Judge, justice will prevail :) if not in this world, in the hereafter! Asalaam Alaikum wr wb

No post ratings