Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Maria al-Qibtiyya
4 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 15th April 2011 16:58

http://www.muftisays.com/blog/abu+mohammed/1433_15-04-2011/dodgy-taweez.html

I am totaly against this stuff. My brother and I burnt every Taweez we could find many many years ago.

No one was able to comment or stop us as we showed them the Shirk it contained.

When we were very young, my family was given a few Taweez to hang up. And so they were.

When we started to understand Tawheed and Aqeedah, we realised that these things contained Shirk in them.

I am not totaly anti Taweez, it depends whats in them. ALWAYS LOOK INSIDE.

What we had was just a few names of Surahs from the Quran, which nobody knows the meaning of and a whole load of numbers. But the dodgy thing was that it was asking for help from a man sitting in India. It said in Arabic: "Yaa (his name) AL-MADAD AL-MADAD" - "(Oh....HELP HELP)

How stupid.

Any way, has any one come accross this sort of Taweez before.

Take a look at the video in the blog, it is creepy.

report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2011 11:04
So far so good, no one has a kabala amulet (black magic) AKA Taweez.

Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2011 11:08

Asslamo Allaikum,

There is an old Qur'aan by one of the students of Shah Waliullah (RA) and it contains the right "AB-JAD" for the Surahs of the Qur'aan so if someone HAS TO get a Ta'weez get it checked.

There aren't many Ulama around who understand Persian and "AB-JAD" these days because its no longer taught in Darul-ulooms, so verification would be difficult so yes the easiest action is dispose dodgy looking stuff.

Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2011 11:12

"Muadh_Khan" wrote:

Asslamo Allaikum,

There is an old Qur'aan by one of the students of Shah Waliullah (RA) and it contains the right "AB-JAD" for the Surahs of the Qur'aan so if someone HAS TO get a Ta'weez get it checked.

There aren't many Ulama around who understand Persian and "AB-JAD" these days because its no longer taught in Darul-ulooms, so verification would be difficult so yes the easiest action is dispose dodgy looking stuff.

Still sounds dodgy. I cant seem to agree with numeralogy. Isnt that what the Jews acussed the Prophets of too.

Just like 786 doesnt mean anything in Islam.

Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2011 11:47

"abu mohammed" wrote:

"Muadh_Khan" wrote:

Asslamo Allaikum,

Still sounds dodgy. I cant seem to agree with numeralogy. Isnt that what the Jews acussed the Prophets of too.

Just like 786 doesnt mean anything in Islam.

Asslamo Allaikum,

It doesn't have anything to do with Islam. Its a representation of Persian and a system which was used back home for centuries.

If you look at Pakistani National Identity application form (Shanakhti Card form) even today it is called "Form Baa"

Baa in the AB-JAD system represents the number "2" and that's how they were taught to count before calculators.

Did you study Maths and read about logarithms? They were used before the advent of Calculators to do complex and long calculations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logarithm

If you read old books of Fiqh that’s how they calculated Salah times and Qiblah direction (because that was the Maths of their time), today we use “google” : - ) :- ) :- )

The official language of "Muslim India" was persian and it was used in paperwork and applications etc just like today they use "Urdu OR English" and Modern Maths so there is no need to use the "AB-JAD" method.

Pick up Islamic books of Ulama even 40 years ago and the Volumes are labelled:

Jild Awwal

Jild Du'im

Jild Su'im

BUT today they will be called:

Jild 1

Jild 2

Jild 3

i.e.  Volume 1, Volume 2 & Volume 3 etc because no one is taught this stuff anymore...Muslims don't use "Persian" anymore

The Arab Ulama are unaware of this method because they never used "Persian"

OR another way to explain would be "Egyptian Heiroglyphs":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_hieroglyphs

So I can write "Muhammad" in this symbolic language or I can write something else, its just a bunch of symbols so the job is to decipher the symbols and enusre that correct words are used.

Its a lot safer these days not to use "AB-JAD" because:

1. People are not taught this
  2. There is no need or it

And stick to Qur'aan & Sunnah in Arabic .

Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2011 11:58
Wow!

But like you said, stick to Quran and Sunnah in Arabic.

786 is not Bismillah!

As far as I'm conecerned this is for Barelwees.

They even have a 92 (I think) to mean Muhammad SAW.
Rank Image
Qatar, Doha
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 08:33
abu mohammed wrote:
Wow!

But like you said, stick to Quran and Sunnah in Arabic.

786 is not Bismillah!

As far as I'm conecerned this is for Barelwees.

They even have a 92 (I think) to mean Muhammad SAW.

92 LOL !

Brelvalites make me laugh.

Interesting, i didnt know about the persian business before!

Jazakallah
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 10:32
41 23 468 65 234 56
I just hope I didn't curse anyone

To me, that's how silly and wrong the Taweez idea seems. I honestly believe that the Awaam WILL believe the cure to be in the Tawaez amulet.

As a kid of age 6-7, I was told and then believed for many years that the Taweez protects you. And if you take it off, all the things that you were protected from attacks you. What a disturbing thing to teach a kid especially when it's clear Shirk. I built up a lot of respect for Taweez and somewhat feared it too.

Now it scares me because to others it looks like Taweez, to me it looks like Hinduism. Just reminds me a lot of Hinduism
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 21st April 2011 10:35
No curse, but you won the lottery.
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2011 12:31
i found a taweez on a tree across my house what shall i do
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2011 12:46
I found 3 last week, long story.

Not sure and don't take my word for it, but I burnt the ones I found as they only contained numbers and some kind if scribble.

If it contains only Quranic verses then it should be fine. Take it to your local imam and ask him for advice. That is if you imam is not into this sort if stuff.
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2011 17:17
Question: 4748 India
Assalamu Alaikum, Is it correct to use the numbers 786 instead of Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim?
Answer: 4748 Jul 06,2008
(Fatwa: 438/438=M/1429)

786 is the number of bismillah, it is traditionally written by elders. 786 is written to save bismillah from desecration; therefore there is no wrong in writing it. However, it is better to write bismillah where there is no fear of desecration.
Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2011 17:22
"Ibn Abi Shaybah transmitted in his Musannaf (8:39) from 'Amr ibn Shu'ayb from his father: from his grandfather: he said: Allah's Messenger (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, "When one of you becomes fearful in his sleep he should say: 'In Allah's name, I seek refuge with the complete words of Allah from His anger and His punishment and the evil of His slaves, and from the evil suggestions of the shaytans and from their being present [at death].'"

'Abdullah, i.e. Ibn 'Amr, would teach these words to children, whoever of them could remember it, and whoever could not remember, he would write it and hang it around his neck."

deoband. o r g

As regards to ruqyah in which there is no shirk, it is permissible and is established from the Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) in numerous hadiths. The same is the case with tama'im, which is the plural of tamimah, and these were stones the Arabs would hang on their children, believing that they have efficacy in themselves.

deoband. o r g
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2011 17:27
To write the words is fine, no one is disagreeing with that.

How ever I disagree with 786 and the fatwa you have supplied. I shall post a link here regarding 786 from this site.

Please view the video in the fist link.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2011 17:40