You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Jannah
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2005 23:53
Assalamu Alaykum,

The previous topic has encouraged me to start this topic. Please post your personal encounters of incorrect information about Islam being spread over the internet.

In addition to the following websites, do users have any doubts on other sites? InshaAllah I will be contacting the websites to get more information.

Quote:
Green - Safe websites
Dark Red - Best to be cautious, no real threat.
Red - Sites one should not visit for any reason. Visiting will only increase their traffic and success.
Blue - No information has been given from site owners

www.searchtruth.com (Not sect orientated. Information can be taken from it with caution)

www.islamicity.com (Caution: Site owned by Ghair Muqallideen who use litteral meanings to deny the correct ways)

www.thequran.com (Christian site)
www.submission.org (Many false and incorrect Islamic rulings and slandering of Sahaabah)
www.answering-islam.org (Christian site. Can corrupt weak Muslim minds)
www.quransunnah.com (Slandering the A'immah / Ulamaa)
www.mahdiimam.com (Shi'aa website believing in reincarnation and worse)

www.islamonline.com (Email sent)
www.jerusalemites.org (Email sent)

Please note, this message will be regularly updated on more requests of sites and more information.

I suggest that registered users click on "Watch this topic for replies" located at the bottom left of the page.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 29th July 2005 04:45
Websites added.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 21st June 2006 07:21
As-Salaamu `alaykum wa RaHmatullaahi wa Baarakaatuh, ikhwaan!
I will try to keep you posted with regards to the deviant and misguiding websites that should be avoided at all costs, insha'Allaah! There are many out there and it would be good if people could do their best, insha'Allaah, to help to list these disgusting websites so that we may do our best to avoid them and help others to avoid them, insha'Allaah! One such website that I would recomend people to stay well away from is well known. It is allaahuakbar.net
This website seeks to cause fitnah and cause Muslims to engage in wasting their time by pronouncing unscholarly jarh upon masses of scholars. For example, they have called Hamza Yusuf a kaafiir on this website... ASTAGHFIRULLAAH!!!
They seek to destroy any and all scholars who promote traditional Islaam and they mix up such scholars with a good deal of people who are known to be very questionable in their beliefs and understandings.
However, even though there are a number of people on the website who are named as deviants and shunned for their deviant practices and teachings, rightly so, there are also good scholars who are shunned and bad mouthed against on the website!
Anyhow, I would advise for the VAST MAJORITY of Muslims not to waste their time engaging in such criticisms and bad mouthing and to stay well away from those who do engage in such things, insha'Allaah, unless they are 99.9% trustworthy and known for their deep understanding of the traditional teachings of Diin al-Islaam and have ijaaza that is well recognised by the best known scholars of traditional Islaam today.
Even then, it is a very dangerous field for any Muslim who is not extremely knowledgeable to enter into, and is also a dangerous field for the knowledgeable as well as those who have a basic understanding of Islaam and it's principles and teachings, etc.
It is best that people avoid fitnah wherever possible, insha'Allaah!
There are a certain group of Muslims in this day and age that have been around for approximately the last 250 - 300 years in practice (as opposed to opinion), no names of sects mentioned - lol, whom I refer to as the Talafis (Talafiyyah), which is Arabic for "the LOST ones" / "of the LOST". They consider themselves, in all their pride and arrogance, to be the "saved sect" which actually entails an act of kufr because it presupposes that they know al-ghuyuub (the unseen, which ONLY Allaah knows all of), and they consider themselves to be the only true Muslims while everyone else, in their eyes, is a deviant and a mushrik, ASTAGHFIRULLAAH!!!
I would seriously advise anyone who comes into Islaam to stay WELL AWAY from this group, who appear externally to be very pious and very knowledgeable (I fell into their trap upon first coming into Islaam, but al-Hamd-ul-Illaah I found my way to the pure and traditional teachings of Islaam through referring to one of the 4 schools of jurisprudence, al-Hamd-ul-Illaah).
These people seem to relentlessly interpret Qur'aan ayaat which were revealed about kaafiruun and mushrikuun to include Muslims as well, Astaghfirullaah. They should fear Allaah, insha'Allaah.
"O Allaah, guide these people and show them the truth or deal with them as only You see fit, Aamiiin!"
These people seem to be fulfilling many ahaadiith of the Last Hour coming upon us swiftly, Allaahu allim.
They cut the date trees planted by RasuulAllaah, `alayhi Salaatu was-Salaam, which the masHid-Dajjaal questioned the Christian travellers about who met him in the cave on the island. The Dajjaal asked those Christians if those trees were still reaping fruits as a sign of whether his time is near. They have blocked the well which the Dajjaal also asked about in the same ahaadiith, whether the people of Madiinah still irrigate their land from the water of that well, they seem to be fulfilling the ahaadiith about widespread ignorance (with their unkowledgeable book writers who have not even a general ijaaza yet are writing thousands of publications and spreading twisted interpretations and views all over the place), they are causing immense amounts of fitnah all over the place (for example, I got told by one of them just a week and a half ago from the time of this post that I have thrown the Qur'aan and Sunnah behind my back just because I am not one of them anylonger and decided a while back to refer to a specific madhHab for jurisprudence. He also attempted to vilify imaam Abu Haniifah by quoting absolute LIES about him and stating that he said it's okay to drink a small amount of alcohol as long as it is made only from grapes, ASTAGHFIRULLAAH. That is a 100% LIE about such a pious and great imaam of this ummah, also known as imaam al-A'thaam and Abu Fiqh. He also used a verse of the Qur'aan revealed about a group of Jewish kufaar on me and said it applies to me for not taking heed to the book of Allaah and the Messenger of Allaah, `alayhi Salaatu was-Salaam, Astaghfirullaah! I told him, "FEAR ALLAAH. ASTAGHFIRULLAAH, you seek nothing but to sew seeds of discord amoungst Muslims and to cause huge amounts of fitnah so go away from me and stay away from me and know that I will NEVER imitate you or your footsteps, insha'Allaah!!!"... I resorted to this because unfortunately the same brother CONSTANTLY targets me and certain other brothers as a means of trying to deviate us from traditional teachings of Islaam! He accuses me of being this that and the other sect and this and that, and I tell him over and over and over again "I am a MUSLIM, al-Hamd-ul-Illaah. I follow Allaah, the Prophet - `alayhi Salaatu was-Salaam, and I have chosen to take jurisprudence from MadhHab Hanafiyyah, al-Hamd-ul-Illaah, the first and not the only correct madhHab. What is your problem with this?"... The brother never gives up.
"O Allaah guide him, Aamiiin!"
Anyhow, I think there is justification in posting that website as one of the many from which to stay well away and have nothing to do with their attempts to hack the ummah into shreds in a vain attempt to try to get people to follow their twisted way of seeing things! Incidently, those "Talafiyyah" take an incredible amount of their fiqh from MadhHab Dhahiriyyah. Their claim to be Hanbaliyyah is false indeed!
Furthermore, I must add that NOT ALL Talafiyyah are bad and this MUST be remembered. In fact, many are just simple minded and truly believe they are doing the right thing, Maasha'Allaah. We should not make enemies of them all, rarther we should help those who are open minded enough to return to the traditional teachings of Islaam and not to invent such radical fantacies about themselves being the "saved sect" and that all other Muslims will go to Jahannam, Astaghfirullaah! If anything, they NEED good da'wah and to give it to them you must be patient, knowledgeable, logical, calm, loving, and genuine in your approach, insha'Allaah!
Not all of them will be so receptive, but we must try HARD NOT to cause fitnah and NOT to imitate those of them, insha'Allaah, in their game of fitnah causing!

Another website to be avoided is spub.com

Insha'Allaah, I will try to keep you posted on as many of the bad websites as possible and Muslims, both new and bred, should warn each other about them and warn each other to STAY AWAY from them at all costs, insha'Allaah!

As-Salaamu `alaykum wa RaHmatullaah!

*Musa*

p.s. it might be a good idea to expose these evil websites, insha'Allaah, but also I think that the people who expose them have a duty upon themselves to definitely keep on reminding people NOT to go onto those websites even if they become curious about what is on them and just to say "Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah" upon seeing them posted here, insha'Allaah, and remember: NONE can guide who Allaah misguides and NONE can misguide who Allaah guides. Al-Hamd-ul-Illaahir-Rabbiil `aalamiin!!!

Was-Salaam!

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 21st June 2006 21:18

I came across this article and thought it might be good to post here.

"Caution: There is another anti-Islamic Site Out There"

Why issuing an alert letter is precisely the wrong thing to do?

By Khalid Baig

The alert letters keep coming. Beware here is the latest anti-Islamic site. Then a URL so you can verify that it is indeed as described. Then a passionate request to tell all the Muslims in the world about it.

Sincere. Misguided. Counter-productive.

Little do the senders realize that they are actually helping the very sites they are trying to fight.

The failure is in realizing that the Internet is a very different medium and the rules that applied to the previous media do not always apply here. If there is a bad magazine or book out there, you can tell others about it. We can be sure that nobody will rush to the closest bookseller to buy it. The warning may be useful, if there was a chance that some people could have bought the book out of ignorance.

In the click-click world of the Internet, the first thing most people will do is to click on the URL, thereby increasing the hit counts and boasting the morale of the site owners. Second, it will help it with search engine placement, as some of them will use the increased curiosity traffic as a sign of popularity. You just helped create the monster you wanted to fight!

It is common sense. If you don't want people to visit a site, just don't tell them about it.

It is very easy to setup a page on the Internet. It is very difficult to draw traffic to it. The most anti-Islamic site will die if it faces a frozen counter. That would happen if you just leave it alone. But if you are out there telling everyone about it and asking them to do the same, you are in effect volunteering as their publicity department. That is exactly what they need.

If there is a well-established site (like CNN) it makes sense to launch a protest campaign. But for most of the sites the prudent course is just the opposite. Leave it alone. Let it die of neglect. A natural death. The greater the lack of attention, the faster will be the death of this would be monster.

So the next time you receive an alert letter about an anti-Islamic site, just delete it. If you respond to the sender, do not include the original text of his alert email, because even that may help some search engine ranking.

There were dozens of anti-Islamic sites that sprang up recently but died soon after because, luckily, our enthusiasts had not noticed them and had not publicized them through their alert letters. The ones that receive the alert letter mention will, unfortunately, survive and may thrive.

On the Internet, the best use of your energies is to promote the good Islamic sites. Let the good drive out the evil.

Now, may we request that you send this article to all your friends?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Australia
Unspecified
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2006 12:11
Assalamu alaykum

This Website should also be avoided, well the name tells it all

www.apostatesofislam.com

wassalamu alaykum
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2006 12:01

Salams

Mashallah a noble effort this thread is making in trying to spread the true teachings of Islam. I totally agree with the Khalid Baig article, and must say that giving out links of inauthentic sites is dangerous for the possibility of Muslims visiting them out of curiousity.

Live (clickable) links are even more dangerous as they help to promote the website and increase the ranking in search engines as well. It seems as though Muslims are content with forwarding emails and dropping msgs on forums about sites to avoid etc and then go about their normal business.

What should we do then if we're not gonna warn others about these 'dodgy sites?'

I believe we should spend more efforts in promoting those websites that we are confident of being islamically correct.

- We can email articles to friends and families off authentic websites and quote the source

- We can email links of authentic islamic sites to friends/ family.

- When posting artcles on forums/ websites, have authentic islamic websites as the source and link back to the page/ site you got it from.

- So many Muslims have blogs these days, be they personal, business or religious ones. They should place links to authentic islamic sites and blogs.

- Place website link after your msn messnger screen name.

and I'm sure theres much more that I have missed off which we can do.

These dodgy sites arent gonna dissappear, whether we help promote them indirectly or not...let us instead then focus on raising the profile, awareness of authentic islamic sites and help then out in anyway we possibly can.

Wasalam

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 25th July 2006 02:14
Assalaamaliakum Wa Ramutullahe Wa Barakatahu

Can i just add that wouldn't it be beeter to advertise websites that others should visit because in my experience i have learnt that telling others about these websites which are not good only leads to curiosity and then this means more hits for those websites!. Instead i think we should have a thread with all acceptable websites (only a suggestion)

Jazah khALLAH Khairun

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Unspecified
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 25th July 2006 09:38
i think that is a brilliant suggestion. May Allah swt accept your idea.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 25th July 2006 10:26

Wa Alaykum Salam W W,

Jazakillah for the suggestion, you can find a list of acceptable Islamic websites over here:

Authentic websites and blogs

Hope that helps inshaAllah.

Wassalam

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2006 17:20
bint Mohammed wrote:

I came across this article and thought it might be good to post here.

"Caution: There is another anti-Islamic Site Out There"

Why issuing an alert letter is precisely the wrong thing to do?

By Khalid Baig

The alert letters keep coming. Beware here is the latest anti-Islamic site. Then a URL so you can verify that it is indeed as described. Then a passionate request to tell all the Muslims in the world about it.

Sincere. Misguided. Counter-productive.

Little do the senders realize that they are actually helping the very sites they are trying to fight.

walikumsalaam..you know this exactly why i don't want to post a few deviant site's although i have my eye's on three major one's at the moment.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2006 22:33
...and posting a live link on this forum here once again only BENEFITS the very site we are trying to dissuade others from visiting and coming accross.

Admin please amend the post to remove live link, jazakallah.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2006 22:35
good point ahmeduk - just ignore them. you give them out here others wiII see it and pass it on to others who'II then pass it on to others etc etc - bear exposure!
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2006 22:46
That live link wasn't a fake Islamic site, it was a real anti-Islamic site so no point in that post staying in this topic at all.. the post was therefore removed completely.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2007 21:27
Can we have a User-group where we can discuss about deviant anti Islamic websites and some where we can discuss if a certain website is deviant or not before we do class it as deviant.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 17th April 2008 23:02
shining light wrote:
Can we have a User-group where we can discuss about deviant anti Islamic websites and some where we can discuss if a certain website is deviant or not before we do class it as deviant.

Salam,

This has just been brought to my attention. Apologies for not seeing this before. I have sent you an email regarding this.

Wassalam
No post ratings