Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
rizmalek
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 1st February 2012 21:28
You have not understood most of the discussion.

You do not HAVE to get married to a cousin. Its an option that is permissable.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2012 01:59

allah doesnt force any one to marry their cousins.he only leaves mankind with choices.if some one doesnt want to marry their cuz then thats ok but never must we make a hallal haram.to disagree with the creator is an act of disbeleif.
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 14th April 2012 02:00
stopincest wrote:
I don't want to be rude to anyone but please please stop this cousin marriage thing happing in this day and age in the world we live in today or at least UK EU US because look at it this way your cousins share the same grand parents meaning they share the same blood line as you it would be like marring your own brother and sister so the people who think that its right to marry there cousin should just marry there brother or sister why draw the line if you think that its right to marry your cousin?

The main reasons why this corrupt practice is still followed and is ever growing in the Muslim world because of family pressure because the family want to keep there Property, Land, Jewellery, Money and wealth in the family and a lack of education along with village culture and the greed of coming to UK EU USA because UK has a benefit system along with free health care known as the NHS (National Health Service) every one on benefits is treated free of charge, and because theses families are uneducated and stupid they are all on benefits just to rub more salt in the wound they are known to abuse the benefit system in many different ways. They try to send as much benefit money as possible back to there poor families often living in poor housing or no housing at all, In most cases- they also have lots of children If your thinking why do they have lots of children its because they are uneducated they don't have a job so that's the only why they keep there self's busy and they live in a joint family system meaning they have an extra load on there backs in the event of old parents to look after

I am sure that for a Visa and passport to the countries mentioned above they would do any thing

Also the people who incest marry cousins there children are born with major mental and physical defects along with learning difficulties and the kids suffer through no fault of there own and because the parents are un educated and are unaware of genetic problems that can be caused by cousin marriage think that it's the will of god (ALLAH DI MARZI) as shown in Dispatches When I marry my cousin programme, it is NOT the will of Allah it is made the will of Allah by parents who want children to marry there cousins why would Allah want any one to have a disabled child?

UK should educate these people in as many ways as possible in there own languages about the dangers of Incest cousin marriage yes it will cost money but the money that this education campaign would cost would be less then the treatment of Insect cousin marriage children in total

This corrupt practice must cost the NHS millions and millions of pounds MAYBE IF THE NHS REFUSE TO TREAT THESE INCEST COUSIN MARRIAGE CHILDREN
THEN THE PARENTS OF THE KIDS WHO WANT THEM TO MARRY THERE COUSINS MIGHT HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS ?

At least children living in UK EU US should refuse this kind of marriage
no matter what the outcome is of that refusal and they should seek help from places like the forced marriage unit which is set up by the govt which I think is a very good step

Please stop this sick corrupt practice of incest cousin marriage if you want to save your future generations

are you muslim?if yes then you should think over your statements
+1 -0Like x 1
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 14th August 2012 15:02
Im still new to this app,
I was browsing and read the above posts.
You are on the wrong path if you call a marrage to a cousin incest
your basicly against the doings of our beloved Prophet p.b.u.h.
A question for the people against cousins marrying

Are you more supirer than the Prophet p.b.u.h or his daughter Fatima r.a??????
No post ratings
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2012 14:56
cousin marriage is only bad if it is done over many generations within the same family, the odd marriage now and again is ok.
+0 -4Dislike x 4
Rank Image
London
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2012 15:09

"Anonymous" wrote:
cousin marriage is only bad if it is done over many generations within the same family, the odd marriage now and again is ok.

That is not correct either, please read the whole thread, all your answers are there inshaAllah.

+2 -0Like x 2
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2012 15:30
what do you mean it is not correct? According to what?

Pakistanis for mirpur in Bradford fro example have a culture of marrying cousins over many generations and they have a high incidence of hereditary illnesses. Queen Victoria and her family also had many problems known as blue blood.

Islam says it is halal to marry cousins...it does not say it is recommended or should be done all the time...if people do it all the time you get health problems.

read what it says in the background section:
.biomedcentral website:

Bradford District, in West Yorkshire in the north of England, with a population of approximately half a million people, is one of the most deprived cities in the United Kingdom. It has a wide-range of public health problems that are associated with socioeconomic deprivation, including a particularly high infant mortality rate.[1] Twenty percent of Bradford city residents are of South Asian origin, almost all being from the Mirpur region of Pakistan. The population is younger than the national average, and the city also has a higher than average birth rate. Almost half the babies born in Bradford have parents of Pakistani origin (50% white; 44% Pakistani; 4% Bangladeshi; 2% other).[1] Between 1996 and 2003 infant mortality in Bradford was 9.1 deaths per 1000 live births, almost double that for England and Wales as a whole (5.3/1000). Mortality was higher for babies of Pakistani-origin (12.9/1000), than for those of European origin (7.1/1000), and worse for first generation Pakistani immigrants but improved for second and subsequent generations of immigrants. These children also have higher childhood morbidity than infants of European origin. [2-4] The city is therefore an ideal setting for research to explore the pathways linking socioeconomic deprivation with ill-health and impaired development, and for exploring differences between people of European and Pakistani origin in their experience of health, wellbeing and social capital.
+0 -4Dislike x 4
Rank Image
London
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2012 16:03
So?

We dont care what Science says. If an illness is being passed down from genereation to generation its one thing, it could happen to anyone. That doesnt mean they cant marry each other for generations.

The Quran is enough to tell us who we can and who we cant marry.

There are more than 7 billion people in the world from one couple, Adam & Eve (as) and you find a generation in Bradford. Please.

No one is saying it is recommended, only that it is permissible.
+2 -0Like x 2
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2012 16:13
So because it is permissible you will tell people who have married cousins all 10, or 12 generations in the past that it is okay to do so in the future as well? Knowing that this will cause health problems? That is just not using your intellect. Halal things can become haram for particular individuals sometimes, sugar is halal but a diabetic would be crazy to keep eating it because it is halal, it becomes haram for him, his intellect and the Quran tells him that he should not harm himself.

All the generations since Adam did not marry cousins for 10,20 or 30 generations. If you do not marry out of your tribe you never get any new blood and your own culture de-generates.

Because it is halal fine do it occasionally but do not do it for all the time. However if you want to be silly enough to risk it then go ahead do not advise others to do it without showing them the risks.
+0 -1Dislike x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2012 16:31
If you know someone has an illness and it will contaminate your well being as well as the off spring, then why marry there? No one is suggesting that you marry knowingly into bad health. Its about what is allowed and what is not. Individual choices are after all just that.

(an example) Who would even think about marrying someone who is HIV Positive? No one.

+1 -0Like x 1
UK
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2012 16:32
@rom The 'science' you refer to is theories. Please study it in detail to realise it's not accurate nor true. Please read the entire topic to understand that Islam permits it and doesn't restrict it. There's no more to it. Science confirms Islam and it has always done, not the other way around.
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2012 23:23
Brothers i @ one point was looking for someone or something to blame!!
I spoke to my sons consultant about his illness nd i mentioned "is health de cause of me nd his father being cousins."
The MUSLIM doctor replied Sister "NO nd remove that haram thought from your mind as Allah is testing you nd Allah tests those whom He loves."

All Muslims deep down know that if disabled kids were the cause of marrying cousins then Allah would have made it a haram and certainly wouldn't have allowed the blessed marriage between Zainub r.a nd the prophet p.b.u.h.

Never have i questioned my sons illness again because Alhamdulillah i know Allah has sent me a blessing.

+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
London
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 15th August 2012 23:46
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Sister
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2012 03:00

"stopincest" wrote:
At least children living in UK EU US should refuse this kind of marriage no matter what the outcome is of that refusal and they should seek help from places like the forced marriage unit which is set up by the govt which I think is a very good step

? IF what your saying was right, The people in the other countries matter too!

No post ratings
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 31st August 2012 02:22
I don't normally reply forums but this really annoyed me. Firstly, of course I would hate to get married to my cousins because I have grown up with them personally but that doesn't mean you push your personal opinion onto everyone else. Firstly from a scientific view, science has good and bad in everything. I wanted to do a dissertation on this topic, was doing some research and this came up. Science says, if you have a "bad gene" e.g disease, then the chances are that your relative will have that gene too, therefore it does increase your chances of having a baby with a disease. But, how often do you really hear about is. Most Asian people (without being judgemental) have a relative married to another relative, but aren't their kids are normal. If you know there is a common disease in your family, then simple don't get married to your cousin. Also, science shows that marrying your first, second, third cousins increase the chance of fertility; therefore more children, therefore as Islam says making as many offspring as possible, expanding Islam? Is there any problem in that?

Also, actually Science is very closely linked to Islam. There are a lot of findings in the Qur'an that match Scientific findings. Many scientists have actually converted to Islam. Watch it on youtube, Dr Zakir Naik talks about some absolutely mind blowing discoveries.
+2 -0Like x 2