Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sweetmuslimahk1, abu mohammed, Naqshband66, AishaZaynap, Black Turban, Taalibah
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2013 08:07
Technology has advanced to such that methods of communication are now so vast and unimaginable. It's come to a point where individuals have the responsibility to either 'use or abuse' the system.

There's harm and benefit in everything we have in our lives, its up to each of us to either benefit or destroy our Deen through these means.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2013 09:47
One peak into someones profile leads into one more peak.

Shaitans whispers are very cunning. It might seem all innocent at first but as you all know, When there's a will, theres a way. And Shaitan has the will and the way!
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 26th June 2013 11:06
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 27th June 2013 02:22
Balanced :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2013 08:48
Comments were too funny not to share...

Facebook tourist walks off pier
19 December 2013 12:31 PM

Melbourne police warned people to pay attention when using social media around water
A Taiwanese tourist had to be rescued after accidentally walking off a pier in the Australian city of Melbourne while checking her Facebook page.

The woman tumbled from St Kilda's pier into Port Phillip Bay late on Monday night.

Police were alerted to the incident by a witness and rescued her in a speedboat after about 20 minutes.

The woman, who apologised, was taken to hospital for observation but police said she was fine.

Senior Constable Dean Kelly of the water police said officers found her floating metres from the pier.

"She was still out in the water laying on her back in a floating position because she told us later that she couldn't swim," the Australian Broadcasting Corporation quoted him as saying.

"She still had her mobile phone in her hand and initially she apologised... she said 'I was checking my Facebook page on the phone and I've fallen in'."

Constable Kelly called on people to pay more attention when using social media around water.

Victoria police, meanwhile, said in a statement that there was no need for a lost property report because the woman "kept hold of her mobile phone throughout the entire ordeal".

Your comments

I've walked into doors, tables, people etc. been lucky with lamp posts so far though... Just near misses :) Rosemary

Once, I almost fell into a hole because I was engrossed in a bbm chat on the street at night. monteaguh

I used to love to go to malls and people watch. On more than one occasion I watched people walk into walls, pillars, and once I watched someone walk (fall rather) into a fountain. The best part of that is when they apologise to the wall or pillar like it was a person. People just tend to shut off to the outside world whenever they are staring at their phones. Alec Fleming from Arizona, USA

At Vancouver International Airport, the men's and women's wc share the same entrance, then the women to the left and the men to the right. Once, when I was checking my email on my BB, as a left-leaning person, I instinctively veered left - into the women's. Luckily, a woman was coming out and she told me, under her breath, "women's" to get my attention. P. K. Tam from Vancouver BC, Canada

I'm such a total klutz. Last week I walked into a pole while emailing someone on my phone. I was walking to my flat in Edinburgh and needed to email someone for work. There was a man across the street who saw me and it was very embarrassing. My phone hasn't worked the same since. Cara McCulloch, London, England

I was up the Eiffel Tower awaiting the lift going down, and a tourist was on her phone. Her partner got into the lift, but she wasn't paying attention and the door shut in her face, as her partner descended. Lucy McNally, Edinburgh, Scotland

I was using Google Maps to navigate my way around in London once and walked straight into a lamppost. It's a shame Google didn't show me where the lampposts were so I could avoid them. I am much more careful now. David Nichols, Bristol, England

Whilst deciding which cheese to buy in the refrigerated aisle a couple walked passed me. They stopped a few metres up and the woman walked back down the aisle whilst intently focused on her phone. She picked something off the shelf walked towards me, threw it in my basket and slipped her hand in my back pocket. As I cleared my throat she looked up, turned scarlet and quickly detached herself and made her way back to her significant other. Me and him both saw the funny side and just to compound her embarrassment I walked over and handed her the cream cheese she had left in my basket. Luke Sansby, Huddersfield, England

BBC © 2013
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2013 18:12
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2013 21:21
Aapa Taalibah,

I see this all the time in the Masjid etc and its pretty scary stuff for mankind!
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2013 21:42
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Find it really odd, when I meet people I haven't seen for a long time, instead of asking for a phone number or address to keep in contact...to my amazement they ask if I'm on Facebook.

Apparently it's easier to trace people via Facebook, and I presume get to know everything about you and keep tabs on you, very eery!
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2013 21:53
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2013 21:59
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2013 22:08
Must confess I did hit my face on some rough branches from someones garden once, whilst I was walking along minding my own business....but yes on the mobile...I was on Ms and not on Facebook, so I think it's ok :-)

It taught me a painful lesson, now i put my phone away and concentrate on where I'm walking.

One time I just missed the bus, so by the time the next bus came along I was first in the queue with loads of people behind me, so as soon as the bus came I turned around with a thump on my head, I felt really bad that I hurt someone, and i said...oh im so sorry, it was a lampost :-(

Alhumdulillah wasn't using the mobile, was just daydreaming. We live and learn :-)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2013 22:17
My cousin's daughters found their father via Facebook, the older girl is 40 and her Sister is 39!
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2014 23:58
Facebook Is Buying Messaging App WhatsApp For Approximately $19 Billion In Cash And Stock

Published on February 19th, 2014
Written by: Ryan Whitwam

Facebook is again throwing money around to get a leg up on the competition. The social network is reportedly buying messaging app WhatsApp for a staggering $16 billion in cash and stock, plus an extra $3 billion or so in stock for WhatsApp employees. For those keeping track, that's 19 Instagrams. 

The base $16 billion is split up as $12 billion worth of stock and $4 billion cash. The deal also includes an extra $3 billion in Facebook stock (45,966,444 restricted shares) to WhatsApp employees after the deal closes. The $3 billion number is based on the stock price right now - it could be more or less when the deal closes. Facebook has until August 19, 2014 to get things done on its end, or WhatsApp is free to pull out and gets $1 billion in cash and $1 billion in Facebook stock.

WhatsApp says it has about 450 million users, which Facebook would have access to. However, many of those users might already be on Facebook. This may also be a reaction to the recent purchase of Viber by Rakuten. WhatsApp will reportedly remain a separate product with its own app and no unnecessary Facebook integration or ads.

WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging services in the world. Founded by two former Yahoo engineers, it is developed almost completely in Russia where programmers are willing to work for less. This has allowed the app to remain ad-free and subsist only on small subscription fees of $0.99 per year from its enthusiastic user base. WhatsApp allows users to send text, picture, and voice messages to any other WhatsApp user. One of the appealing apects of WhatsApp is that it doesn't require anyone to set up usernames or PINs, instead relying on the regular phone number. This low barrier to entry has served WhatsApp well... to the tune of about $19 billion.
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2014 23:59
So! all our anti Facebook enthusiasts, will you be boycotting What's app too?

;)

I did, but for my own reasons.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2014 01:12
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

+1 -0Winner x 1