Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Shisha - Huka - Smoking - Pipes - E-cigarette

Jump to page:

You have contributed 15.7% of this topic

Topic Poll

Please vote to view the results or click here to see results
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taqwah, abu mohammed, sweetmuslimahk1, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Seifeddine-M, ummi taalib, Yasin
8 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2013 22:49
This craze of shisha is getting on my nerves even more now.

Our hajj friends invited us to get together for a meal, so they were deciding where to go.

The main concern from the other side was "Lets go for a Shisha"

When we replied saying no and showing our concerns and labelling it haram, what do we get? A stupid "lol".

Its no joke man, this stuff is serious.

Please spread the details of these dangers to the health and to our Iman, please.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2013 00:00
No post ratings
Rank Image
Qatar, Doha
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2013 04:27
Dont get wound up by them.

Remember its your job to provide the correct information and Allahs Job to give them Hidayat InshaAllah.

You will be rewarded for your Actions

InshaAllah
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2013 09:56
No post ratings
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2013 12:35
Salaam everyone.

I've been getting this and coming across this over the past few days and to be honest it's getting annoying.

I heard the talk and the clip and find no evidence why the claim that Haram Haram Haram is valid.

As a smoker and someone who also cares about religion, I have gone through every single verse and Hadeeth mentioned in numerous articles, books and web sites and none of them prove that smoking cigarettes or Shisha is Haram. I am not saying it cannot be Haram because all scholars are unanimous that in individual cases it can become absolutely Haram.

The most weak and pathetic attempt to make it Haram is using the verse about "Killing each other"
The second most weak attempt is using the verse about using your hands for your destruction. No one looks at the verse, the Tafsir, the Shan-Nuzool but jump to some own understanding that it means harming your body generally.

Don't even get me started on what harms the body because 50% of your life will become Haram. This is what I call extreme.

I know a scholar or two one of whom has passed away (of old age) where his knowledge and in-depth study was unmatched. He didn't want to go back to Pakistan because he feared they'd turn his grave into a Darga. He was a heavy smoker and no one dared tell him it was Haram but now you get every person stating HARAM HARAM HARAM because of a verse that's not even about harming the body in the first place?

Oh and lastly, I smoke. I've had shisha too and as much as I'm not really into that, I can assure you, one cigarette is MUCH WORSE than shisha. Anyone who says Shisha is worse than smoking clearly don't know what the hell they're on about. Cigarettes are WORSE. It's the worst thing a person can be hooked on to. Shisha is NOTHING. I wish every day I never started smoking. But it just gets on my verves when you get these heavenly angels saying Haram Haram Haram. And the non-scholars spreading it are even worse. If you don't like it, stay away. Don't make something Haram which the past scholars did not.

The discovery of its harms is not new. The scientific knowledge of this has been around since the 70's or even earlier but a huge deal has been made in this country so they can increase tobacco tax with the excuse that they want people to stop. "Smoking Kills" - no it doesn't, stress kills more people than smoking. The time of death is written so smoking will NOT bring your death earlier. Yes it will make you a little unhealthy in some cases, some cases it won't make a difference and one person local is actually told by doctors to not stop smoking because stopping will actually harm him.

Stop making everything Haram because you don't like it. I hate social methods of Shisha with clubs and card playing etc which is probably closer to Haram than smoking and Shisha itself.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2013 12:53
Stats prove that a session of shisha is equivalent to 200 cigarettes in one go, how can you justify that cigarettes are worse than shisha?

I understand there are major disputes in this subject and its not a matter of liking or not liking on a personal basis.

Shaykh riyadhul haq has said something really good regarding the time of death and that its already been written. The actions of smoking was there hence the cause of death was or will be there and then. The time was destined, the reason is what it was.

If a person dies in a motor bike you can't say he died early, death was destined for him and the cause was the motor bike accident.

No post ratings
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2013 13:03
Quote:
Stats prove that a session of shisha is equivalent to 200 cigarettes in one go, how can you justify that cigarettes are worse than shisha? [/quote]

The reason of all the "Haram Haram Haram" is danger of smoking and the issue of harm. The quantity does not determine harm. If it's about quantity of steam inhaled then standing in the kitchen when food is being cooked is 2000 times worse than smoking a single cigarette. I can't back it up with a fancy image like the one above but it's true. I have coughed more in the kitchen from inhaling smoke from cooking than I have from smoking. So I say cooking is Haram Haram Haram as it's 2000 times worse.

So to answer your question, shisha does not harm like a cigarette. If you can find me one smoker who says shisha is worse then I will remain silent about this point.
No post ratings
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2013 13:04
This is interesting read

Salam
Please find below a presentation of a range of opinions from the hanafi school on the issue of smoking, extracted and adapted from Sh. Salah Abul Hajj's work 'Al-Bayan' (p.185-186).

There are a varying opinions within the hanafi school on the issue of smoking, some of the scholars have said that it is:

i) Unlawful (Haram), this was the position of al-Shurunbulali (d.1069) in his 'Sharh al-Wahbaniyyah' wherein he said:

And forbidden is the selling of tobacco and its smoking[1]

ii) Disliked (Makruh), this was the position of al-Luknawi (d.1304) as mentioned in his 'Tarwih al-Janan bi Hukm Sharb al-Dukhan' and 'Zajr Arbab al-Rayyan an Sharb al-Dukhan'. He said[2]:

If the karahah is tahrimi, then the committing of it is from the major sins, because the makruh tahrimi is close the unlawful (haram) as was clearly stated by a group of the notable (scholars), even if it is regarded by some as being from the minor sins.

If it is tanzihi its committal is a minor sin, but when done whilst being content with it, and its becoming a habit is a major sin. It therefore becomes apparent the smoking of tobacco necessitates the committing of a major sin according to the view of the majority of scholars, and that is what the evidences point towards.

iii) Permissible (Mubah), this was the position of Abd al-Ghani al-Nabulsi (d.1143) in his 'Al-Sulh bain al-Ikhwan fi Ibahah Sharb al-Dukhan' wherein he said whilst discussing whether smoking is unlawful or disliked:

Unlawful and disliked are two legal rulings which require a proof, and there is no proof for it. For it is not established that it intoxicates...nor that it causes harm. But rather benefits have been proven for it, it therefore falls under the principle: The basis of things is permissibility.[3]

Note: It has however been established by medical experts that smoking is in actual fact harmful to a persons health, and Allah knows best.

[1] See Rad al-Muhtar (2/395)
[2] In Tarwih al-Janan (p.22)
[3] See Rad al-Muhtar (6/458)

www.daralhadith.org.uk/?p=139
No post ratings
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2013 13:05
Give me time to post a vid explaning more Insha Allah
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2013 13:06
Smokers will say no won't they because they can taste strawberries, apple, peach or what ever flavors they are.

Come on!
No post ratings
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2013 13:08
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2013 13:11
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2013 13:12
That's an NHS poster (for the brits who know NHS)

@abu taalib, no eyes so I will edit you video to be audio only.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2013 13:16
Halalified YT Audio
No post ratings
Rank Image
U.S.
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2013 13:17
Masha Allah only thing is the Dr. Maulana uses slides in the vid to demostrate things so its of no use with just audio
No post ratings

Jump to page: