To some of you I am known as Aseyah and to others I am known as Cindy. Regardless of which name you call me I am in need of your help now, if ever I have made you smile, offered you an ear or helped you in any way at all; right now I am asking you to help me. But let me first tell you a little of what has happened. Some of you will already know some of what I am going to say however many of you will not as I have kept my pain to myself, but now I need to share.
In July 2006 I became a Muslim. Over the next few months each of my seven youngest children also chose to become Muslim. (For those that do not know, we are told by ALLAH in the Quran that there is no compulsion in this religion. Hence no one can force another person to become Muslim. A Muslim is one who submits to the will of THE CREATOR). Unfortunately over the next few months of becoming Muslim I was also shunned by my family and many who once called me a friend. I guess it was such a shock to my friends that I am now a Muslim that they couldn't handle it. A few of those have since came back into my life Alhumdolellah (All Praise and Thanks to THE GOD). To be honest I don't know where it started or by whom (although I have my suspicions) however within these first few months I also found myself watched by the government. How on earth anyone could think I was a threat to anyone I do not know. Each of you I am sure would have to doubt that also. However with the title of Muslim comes the word Terrorist apparently.
Cutting this really short in January of 2007 two officers from the Department of Child Safety came into my home. After questioning two of my children, then seven and eight; Sarrah told me she heard one of these workers state to the other "I don't believe these children have chosen this religion lets go about it another way." Shortly after I was requested to hand all seven of my children over to the department of child safety. I didn't. However at the end of the night the youngest five were forcibly removed from my care.
Ok, so the day they came around Sarrah had one of her cupboard empting episodes and all her clothes were scattered throughout her room and we will not mention that Belal had that morning decided to plant sunflower seeds with his bag of potting mix ... in his room! I was fortunate that he had only got to spreading the seeds throughout my room and had not started spreading the dirt. Hey he said " I wanted to make the rooms pretty".
I was given three days to have these issues rectified when they removed the kids. But when they came back in three days to see that the soil and cloths where in there correct places, instead of checking that, they sat on my lounge and questioned me about my religion for several hours. Finally they left and sought a longer order to hold the kids in their care.
I will endeavour to give you the details as brief as possible so please forgive me if I skip a bit.
The house the children where first in I was later told humiliated them if they tried to pray and refused to give them halal food to eat. (As a Muslim we eat only meat killed in a certain way and we do not eat pig). However it was not long before the Department stopped me seeing my children completely. Actually two months later I was to take part in a social assessment. The independent rep who went over everything stated in his report "I see no reason why the children should not be returned to the mother except for her changing religion"
This has been the beginning of a four year battle to see the children and hope to get them back. During these four years I have had varying degrees of contact however, as of May this year I have not seen the youngest two except for the last social assessment which took place on the tenth of August, and I have not seen the other three for about two years. Now the situation has occurred that I am able to take the Department of Child Safety to court and undergo a trial where I will be attempting to have the two youngest returned to my care. Why the two youngest? Because the next three up were sent to their father who is known to be a child abuser and on the methadone program for drugs. Apparently it is better then risking the courts allowing the children to come back to their Muslim Mother!
One of the many allegations that the department has against me is that I have no one to support me emotionally physically or spiritually. They go on with this a bit and hence I am writing you this letter now. My solicitor has said to obtain as many character references and/or letters of support as I am able to obtain. The trial which was meant to take place next week has been postponed for a mentioning and to have all court material submitted by the 21st of January 2011.
I therefore am asking if you can do a few things for me inshaALLAH (If it is the will of THE GOD) as and if you feel you are able.
1 Write a character reference for me as to the type of person you see me as.
2 Write a letter of support for me to have my children back
(These can be in the same letter)
3 Make other people aware that this government is still taking children from parents for reasons of race/culture/beliefs as they did with the stolen generation.
4 Make supplication to THE GOD for me to have my children returned to me.
These letters can be sent to me at
Aseyah or Cindy Shipman
PO Box 6266
Logan Central Qld 4114
If you know others that have known me, that I have lost contact with, please feel free to forward this email to them. May you be rewarded for all your efforts.
Yours Truely
Aseyah Shipman
-------------------------------------
Dawah Down Under
Authentic Tawheed
M: 0434681799
E: [email protected]
This cannot be undone and I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.
We apologise but you have been denied access to report posts in this thread. This could be due to excessively reporting posts and not understanding our forum rules. For assistance or information, please use the forum help thread to request more information. Jazakallah