Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Hijab/Veil/Niqab

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Bolton
Unspecified
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2007 18:07

Assalamu alaikum

Please can someone help me by replying to this message...

I am currently in my third year at university and in the process of carrying out my research study/dissertation. I have chosen to look at whether people are 'threatened' by the Muslim veil. In order to carry out my research i need to know more about the History of the veil and why women have been commanded to wear it, and the date/year it was prescribed by the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam.

If someone could kindly direct me to any books/journals/sites please could you reply to this message...or if someone has any ideas on how i should conduct this study please do let me know-i am open to suggestions and ideas.

Jazakallah khair.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2007 18:19

Hope your studies go well,a nd may allah open the eyes of people that will be benifited by your research.

You could try spking to a sheikh or alima, depending on what gender you are, and try and get good sound advice from them.

Try reading good books written by well known scholors, you can find good books on azharacademy.com, there service is good too as i have ordered from them, unlike other islamic booksites ive tried. Also maybe some lectures by scholors such as sheikh ahmad ali and sheikh abu esea niamatullah.

You could also maybe conduct a survey, i know you can write up a good survey on a website called surveymonkey.com/co.uk

i hope these suggestions help you in some way or another inshallah

good luck

Wasalaam

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2007 18:25
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bolton
Unspecified
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2007 18:40

Jazakallah for your suggestions.

I have studied this in my alima course 3 years ago however since that was arabic/urdu i cannot really reference it. I need something which i can use from the academic english writing which i can use to back me up. I am aware of why the prophet told women to cover after his discussion with Hadhrat Umar. However I have no academic reference to back me up unfortunately...unless anyone has come across something?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 16th December 2007 20:12
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bolton
Unspecified
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2007 00:26
Wsalam i agree.people are threatened due 2 lack of knowledge.however i feel that the current media portrayal of Islam as a whole influenced dis image of da veil..and as a result we have our moral panics. I jus need 2 prove it through my project. By the way jazakallah 4 all ur help sisters.
No post ratings