Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Carbon footprint

You have contributed 55.6% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Yasin, no-username
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th July 2007 17:29

Since there is nothing in Islam saying we will face another ice age and be wiped out by it. Should we as Muslims take any interest in "Global Warming"? Qiyammat will come when humanity is still around so is all the talk of us being wiped out as a specis due to climate change is against Islam?

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 24th July 2007 22:55
Its funny how we muslims are iggnorant of our faith, we somehow manage to follow the west very quickly, Like many things islam and its science were way ahead of its time; for example, it is said to fill your stomach 1/3 with water 1/3 with food and leave 1/3 empty(someone correct me if im wrong pls) Now had the non believers and even some of the believers did this right from the start there would be no obesity...now the doctors and various scientist etc are saying the exact same thing...but this was the practice of the prophet (pbuh) and today we listen to the medics...how intresting...(this is only one example of how we follow the west. The question of global warming, well correct me if im wrong but it is part of our faith to keep the land we live in safe, tidy, and to look after it, so now when the non believers say recycle...we listen to them? NO! it is our faith that tells us to look after the country we live in, so if that means walking to the masjid instead of wasting carbon then do so...if it means recycling then do so...as it will help protect your country and most of all the world and even better make intention of doing it as sadqa and inshallah you will recieve reward for it too.

Please forgive me for any mistakes i have quoted and do correct me if i have gone wrong. May allah ta'alla reward you all and keep us steadfast in practicing inshallah (ammeen)

No post ratings
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 25th July 2007 13:27
Quote:
The question of global warming, well correct me if im wrong but it is part of our faith to keep the land we live in safe, tidy, and to look after it

Do you have any sources for that or are you just making the assumption?

sallams

No post ratings
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 25th July 2007 13:56
We do not wn the world. Allah TA'ala created it for His messenger alayhisalam and so we, as Muslims, do not live here to ruin the earth. It does not belong to us, it belongs to Allah, so just how we have to look after our bodies, which belong to Allah, same with the earth.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 25th July 2007 20:56
Taken from Islamonline (which i know aqeeda and some fiqh wise is sometimes questionable but this is ok)

Islam and Environment

islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544990

How islam cares about the Environment:-

islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544990

Islam and Environmental Pollution

islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?cid=1119503549616&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar%2FFatwaE%2FFatwaEAskTheScholar

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 25th July 2007 21:21
Jazakallah, i was trying to look for sources to back up my view, but didnt get much luck. May allah reward you inshallah. ameen
No post ratings
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 26th July 2007 13:50
Did the "Ice age" happen according to Islam because if not the threat of a second one is void. No?

I would post this to the Mufti's but the Q&A is closed for backlog.

No post ratings
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 26th July 2007 15:17
my 2 dollars:-

I think weather it did or did not happen isn't important to know

regardless if it did happen or not we still have an shar'ee obligation to protect the environment and use its resources appropriately i.e. like the resources of water, trees, food, air, fuel etc taking into consideration its effects on other ecosystems and how each other reacts with those of others (ajeeb the stuff you learn when working or studying in such fields - your imam just rockets by seeing allah's power/greatness/wisdom in the creation)

though it would be useful to know what the shar'ee stance is one the theories of ice age (and dinosaurs!?)

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 31st July 2007 17:31
Dinosaurs in the Noble Quran:

A questioner on my Message Board at: www.answering-christianity.com/cgi-bin/message_board/read... asked the question about why Allah Almighty never mentioned dinosaurs in the Noble Quran?

Allah Almighty did mention dinosaurs in the Noble Quran. While the word "dinosaurs" is a modern word that refers to the gigantic animals that existed perhaps millions of years ago, Allah Almighty referred to all created "beasts" as "dabbah". A "dabbah" in the Noble Quran consists of all animals, including the dinosaurs.

"Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which God Sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they Trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;- (Here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise. (The Noble Quran, 2:164)"

"He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs. (The Noble Quran, 31:10)"

Notice in Noble Verse 31:10, Allah Almighty said that He created the mountains to prevent the earth from shaking (which had been scientifically proven to be true. Please visit: www.answering-christianity.com/mountains.htm), and then after that He, the Almighty, created beasts and scattered them throughout the land. These first beasts that were created before mankind are what we call today "dinosaurs".

Source: www.answering-christianity.com/dinosaurs.htm

No post ratings