Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Oh no

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Prison
Unspecified
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2006 10:04

"Muslim males and females in Great Britain had the highest rates of reported ill health in 2001.

Age-standardised rates of 'not good' health were 13 per cent for Muslim males and 16 per cent for Muslim females"

Above from: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=959

"Unemployment rates for Muslims are higher than those for people from any other religion, for both men and women.

In 2004, Muslims had the highest male unemployment rate in Great Britain, at 13 per cent. This was about three times the rate for Christian men (4 per cent). Unemployment rates for men in the other religious groups were between 3 and 8 per cent."

Above from: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=979

"In 2004 a third (33 per cent) of Muslims of working age in Great Britain had no qualifications - the highest proportion for any religious group. They were also the least likely to have degrees or equivalent qualifications (12 per cent)."

Above from: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=963

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2006 11:26
I have read a similar article to the above, it is a very sad state of affairs, personally i feel once a persons faith is TOTALLY established whether they be male or female, and as long as they conform to the shariah, it is accumbant upon them to gain knowledge so they can benefit the ummah, we need more muslim doctors, counsellors, teachers, islamic colleges/universities that cater for solely for men or women, we need people taking an interest in law and order, politics, counselling our youth into becoming law abiding citizens, how can we be of any use without being educated ourself.

an article was released at the time of the atrociticies in gujarat (india) stating; that there were no muslims that had an active role within the indian government at the time, nor is, or was there any interest. Hence; there was no-one in parliament to speak up for the muslims at the time of the atrocities, in this day and age it is important to gain knowledge in all area's of life, we have to pave the way for our future generations, Allah سبحانه وتعالى did not make us weak.

No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2006 12:08
alot of muslim men tend to sign on. some jamati men - NOT ALL, go off to jamat and sign on. then you get the men who do work, but sign on. or you get the men who sit at home, sign on and let the wife work.

as muslims, we should be truthful in every aspect. we will be accounted for it.

Quote:

"In 2004 a third (33 per cent) of Muslims of working age in Great Britain had no qualifications - the highest proportion for any religious group. They were also the least likely to have degrees or equivalent qualifications (12 per cent)."

i intend to make my children study for both worlds. to be honest, we need muslim female doctors, dentist etc. i hear ppl complaining about the need of it. so, insha'allah, i think all children should be encouraged to do hifz, aalim/alimaah etc course. then continue to become a qualified ...........(what ever they want to be!!)

if children have 'kauf' (fear of Allah) instilled in their heads from a young age, then insha'allah, as they go to study, they wont go astray and keep focus on the purpose of their study!! its up2 us as parents or elder brothers and sister to instill fear of Allah in the child froma young age. some parents dont like to send their children to college. (bagri jai) - (they will go bad)

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2006 21:33
True say 'Queenie', we definately need to encourage the youth, male and female to to obtain some sort of qualifications. people want female doctors/dentist etc for the wives, sisters, daughters but don't want to send their daughters to college/uni.
I have some friends who attended Uni in full pardah, they went in time for there lectures, remained for the required duration and left. Not getting at all influenced by uni life....and then there's always the option of open Uni which i know many sisters have benefitted from.
No post ratings