Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Islamophobia - to mention, or not to mention

You have contributed 30.0% of this topic

Topic Poll
Should we post nonsense going on around UK?

Please vote to view the results or click here to see results
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2006 19:19
Assalamu Alaykum,

A post by shining light today about not posting nonsense on this website made me wonder. Is it really worth pasting these stories and things that so called 'Muslims' do and say in the media? The Kuffar attacking the Islamic ways is understandable yet it still angers us. But coming from Muslims, just makes the blood boil.

The thing is, there are so many virtuous posts we can post instead, we can spend time helping those who have doubts in certain things like the topic called "womens rights"

So my question is, should we or should we not. Feel free to give reasons of your choice. And don't forget to vote
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Unspecified
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2006 20:03

Assalamualaykum

I personally see all their comments as a way of them trying to get the muslims to become full of anger and hatred- do we want to give into them?the Kuffar? No way hozay.

I tried to encourage others from posting comments made by the non-muslims on other websites in the Jack straw post; although my reply was ignored, I'm glad eyes have opened up to this post. Jazaka'Allah shining light & Br.Yasin fpr brining this up.

I say let us post more virtuous posts up instead and gain more knowledge and also help those people who do not know anything about Islam. Hopefully we can convince some of the non-muslims out there what Islam is really about.

Duaas requested.

Wassalam.

No post ratings
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2006 20:11
Wa Alaykum Salam,

I'm sure it wasn't ignored.

Umm Zahra wrote:
Assalamualaykum,

Reading the kuffar's comments do spark anger and upset. Please try and limit their comments. Let us spend that time raising our hands in duaa for all of our muslim sisters.

Duaas requested. Wassalam

That's the post. And I totally agree and come to think of it, you were the first one to mention it. Jazakillah

No post ratings
Unspecified
Unspecified
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2006 20:32
Yes, Islamophobia exists, but when we get riled by it, we begin to compromise our akhlaaq.

The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) would always greet antagonism with kindness.
If we allow ourselves to become angered, and thus develop a defensive and harsh facade/persona, then we will fail in attracting sincere people to the beautiful deen.

I don't think that reading islamophobic articles will benefit us. Instead we should concentrate on developing our akhlaaq and showing the joe/jill public what Muslims are all about.

If we go out there believing that the people around us hold these views, then the natural instinct would be to behave towards them in a less than polite manner. For this reason, we should not indulge ourselves in such articles, insha Allah.

Smite them with a smile ! :-) ... yes, again, and again and again. Never tire of smiling in the face of adversity and anger.

Fee amaanillah,
Wassalaam

No post ratings
Rank Image
stamford hill
Unspecified
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2006 20:33
yes, us talking about it wont make a difference to the world...the least we can do is just pray that allah guide the ignorent and protect the muslims ...jazakillah umm zahra for bringing it up last week :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2006 22:46

Walaikumslaam everyone,

Barakallah feekum!

May Allah reward you all! mashallah some very good and positive points

made by everyone..i wont say we should bury our heads in the ground and ignore

these things ..but we should always try and find a way through

difficulties and move the negativeness into positiveness..we shouldn't bombard this

forum by posting negative remarks made by everyone who makes them against us

whether by so called Muslims or non Muslims they already have the ability to do

that and have spread enough of it..instead it would be good to counter it with

awareness/answers/information/support by ourselves and made by other Muslims

or even non-Muslim.. this is our own media lets use it wisely..lets make serious

dua's to Allah and continue with helping the Deen of Allah and like brother Yasin

said "there are so many virtuous posts we can post instead, we can spend time

helping those who have doubts in certain things "

so i vote in the middle of two

No post ratings
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2006 21:01
WE MAY AS WELL NOT TALK ABOUT IT. WE ALL KNOW WHAT WE THINK.
(QUEENIE)
No post ratings
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2006 21:51
Just knowing and thinking isnt going to help

Quote:
shining light

instead it would be good to counter it with

awareness/answers/information/support by ourselves and made by other Muslims

or even non-Muslim..

No post ratings
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2007 04:12
Assalamu Alaikum,
If something doesnt increase our Imaan then it should be avoided as much as possible. The Prophet(saw) would take the best deed of each of the Sahabah regard them as if every single one of their deeds was as good as that particular deed. We see even in the example of the Prophet (saw) in his treatment of the Sahabahرضي الله عنه that he would treat each of his Sahabah so well that they each thought that they were the best amongst all the Sahabahرضي الله عنه. To the extent that Amr ibn Aas رضي الله عنهasked "Am I better or is Abu Bakrرضي الله عنه?" (from Tirmidhi)
May Allahسبحانه وتعالى give us the taufeeq to keep 'good thoughts' of others in mind, ameen!

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2007 13:24
i have myself been drawn into a few negative posts, only later to sit back and wonder why i wasted my time in involving my time in these non-beneficial issues that do nothing accept make you feel negative and as many of you users say MAKE YOUR BLOOD BOIL. WHEN Islam is not such a religion to make you feel like this, Islam is nothing but hope and guidance for a believer.

there are so many beneficial issues to learn about, Islam is vast and as many pious ulema state, it is so vast that we would carry on learing right until we would reach our graves. to be honest all this negative media does nothing beneficial but create hatred amongst muslims and non-muslims alike, it is pointless posting and discussing info. we as muslims already know is incorrect.

i have also learnt, that to read/listen/watch false information has a detrimental affect on ones heart and has a negative affect on ones imaan.

Shining light is right, if we were to spread correct info. on Islam if any false info. did arise, a person would instinctively recognise it has being incorrect. Alhamdulillah, this is where the gift of Allah سبحانه وتعالى comes in; 'THE INTELLECT' (the aql) and as far as im concerned it is just not going to be possible to keep combating all the rubbish that is being circulated about Islam because this rubbish is going to carry on increasing until the day of judgement. Rather then justifying Islam, better to be spreading and teaching the truth about Islam.

No post ratings