abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2023 16:25
akbar703 wrote:
View original post

Bismillah.

There is a different history on Wikipaedia of the Cameleers the oldest Masajids in Australia some still existing today were set up by them.

And vast majority of them left and returned to their homecountries over the course of time. Only some settled and married local women.

I cannot find corraboration that the Waugh Brothers are descended from this lineage. Nor have I come across commentators calling them Afghan Brothers.

And ALLAH knows best.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2023 18:02
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

The discussion started with brother claiming that if you are pious your piety will continue and your next generations will inherit your piety.

Let me quote Dr Nadir Ali khan sahib RA :

You have one Kg of Ice and want to preserve it. You don't have a freezer;

Meet people around you and motivate them to pool whatever ice they have, collect 1 kg of ice from 1000 people and place it in single place. Everyone's Ice will be saved.

Similarly Tableeghees are advised not to live alone (You could be a wali), create a Islamic society, live in that society, you are helping yourselves to save your piety, Imaan, Deen, Tauheed whatever we may call it. And advise your next generations to be part of this society. For that Masjid is the center. And invite visiting jamaaths to help you in this project.
(freezer is Haramain)

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2023 20:37
By the way, Islam reached Australia before there were current day Australian people.

The aborigines practiced certain Islamic actions much earlier than the history books teach. This was because they interacted with Muslims
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2023 21:25
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2023 06:40
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Wallah!!! I am not claiming that TJ alone can solve all problems faced by Ummah.

Any alternative to TJ is welcomed...... -
better activities,
more authentic source,
could be more refined,
state of art,
create better zeal among the members.

But I don't see or hear any report that an alternative is available.

Maualana saad sahib says "tableeg ka mutabadil naheen, aur na tableeg kisi aur tahreek ka mutabadil hai" "There is no substitute for Tabligh, nor Tabligh is substitute for any other movement."
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2023 09:48
You are in the similar state of mind which i had prior to 2015 , a state of mind which believes only what is said by Jamath saathis and accepting what ever comes from them. but now with help of Tasawuf ALHAMDULILLAH i am able to see beyond boundaries of TJ efforts.

ALHAMDULILLAH i am still actively involved in TJ work at same time in path of Tasawuff , but now i don't believe anything which comes from TJ members without verification.

Truly its not our fault , because for me most part of deani life came via TJ efforts hence i am very much emotionally attached to effrots of TJ
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2023 09:48
You are in the similar state of mind which i had prior to 2015 , a state of mind which believes only what is said by Jamath saathis and accepting what ever comes from them. but now with help of Tasawuf ALHAMDULILLAH i am able to see beyond boundaries of TJ efforts.

ALHAMDULILLAH i am still actively involved in TJ work at same time in path of Tasawuff , but now i don't believe anything which comes from TJ members without verification.

Truly its not our fault , because for me most part of deani life came via TJ efforts hence i am very much emotionally attached to effrots of TJ .
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2023 09:56
Honest servant wrote:
View original post

Can Tasawwuf substitute TJ?

How? Kindly explain.
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2023 10:00
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2023 10:09
Each and every efforts of Dean which is within the limit of Sharia are required for this ummah and specially to succeed in Akhirah.
efforts of Mashaikh in path of tasawuff , efforts of Muftis and ulamas at Madrassah and Grass root level efforts of TJ among common Muslims are required . one effort cannot substitute other.

No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2023 10:13
Honest servant wrote:
View original post

Respected brother.

The discussion here is:

Is there a substitute for TJ.

kindly note:
wallah!!!! I respect every Ahle-haq group.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2023 10:20
Your question itself is not in right direction , why you want to ask such question ? when you realized each work mentioned above is equally important and required for this ummah then such question should not arise .

May be for Mashaik who is working in path of Tasawuf , TJ type of efforts may not be applicable or effective .
May be for Muftis and Ulama working in Madrassah , TJ type of efforts may not be applicable or effective.
But TJ work is required for many (more than 70%) common Muslims to whom we need to reach out to their house door and bring them to masjid .
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2023 10:27
Honest servant wrote:
View original post

Quote:
But TJ work is required for many (more than 70%) common Muslims to whom we need to reach out to their house door and bring them to masjid .

You agreed that Tasawwuf can't do this. So Tasawwuf is no substitute in this effort.

I (my self) declare that..... I am coward, I can't participate in TJ the way the saathees are offering enormous qurbani and Alhamdulillah results are clearly visible. So I place myself below the level of these sathees on ground.

Am I right or wrong here.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2023 08:55
You want to prove TJ efforts is better than other efforts of Dean ? Your judgment is based on what you see , you see TJ working hard on ground , you see more people are attached to work of TJ , you see for common people TJ work is more accessible to learn dean.

TJ work has its own benefits for the ummah and other efforts of dean has its own benefits for the ummah , in my opinion all efforts are equally important and shall not be compared.

Just because you have not experienced or closely watched other efforts of dean you cannot say TJ efforts it better than other efforts of dean.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2023 10:20
I think what the brother is trying to convey is that we cannot say whether our eyes are more important or our tongue or our ears. They each have an important role to play. When it comes to seeing, then our ears and our tongue cannot substitute our eyes. Similarly, when it comes to hearing, our eyes and tongue cannot substitute our ears. And when it comes to speaking, our eyes and ears cannot substitute our tongue.

Thus it is for all branches of deen and their respective efforts.

One of the brothers once referred to TJ as Islam 101 (zeal to practice). To progress to the next level requires ilm (knowledge) from the majalis (lessons) of the ulama (scholars). To add polish to the deen and perfect the ikhlaq (nobility of character) tazkiya (moral rectification) from the majalis (lessons) of the sulaha (men of piety) is required.
No post ratings