Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Bleeding Gums

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2022 12:47
We all know or should know about the rulings of bleeding gums in terms of Wudhu and Fasting so I won't get into that.

What I would like to do is gather information that will help others with this potential gum disease.

Many experience gum bleeding when brushing their teeth, even with a miswak. Some experience bleeding gums for no apparent reason.

Can anyone suggest remedies and methods they may have used and tested to help others or themsleves.

Anyone with experience in the field can suggest from a professional point of view.

My dad has bleeding gums now and because of that, he doesn't fast as the bleeding is non stop and he can always taste blood in his mouth and most of the times has no choice but to swallow it, thus breaking his fast.

He has always been good with his teeth and has a healthy oral habits.

I've also had an issue with bleeding gums but mostly when I use the miswak during wudhu and it is really annoying. Recently, I've noticed and tasted blood in my mouth and can see where the blood is coming from. Sometimes, I don't see any blood ofr days and sometimes its there all the time.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 27th April 2022 07:18
Assalamu alaikum

1. See your dentist. No single cure is gonna work for everyone. A dentist needs to take proper history and examine the condition of gums before prescribing anything.

2. Scaling - as it can resolve many gum problems. Basically it is the accumulation of plaque and calculus that causes your gums to bleed so that needs to be removed first.

3. Salt water rinses - ONLY if you're not hypertensive, otherwise ignore this.

4. Paradontax toothpaste twice a day. It can help you but not your dad as he could be suffering from some serious gum disease so he needs to be evaluated by a dentist.
encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIafOwJjxwG...
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 27th April 2022 08:09
JazakAllah.

Can you elaborate on scaling please.

Also, with the salt water, is that with warm water or cool water and for how long.

Do medicated mouth washes help that are supposed to stop bleeding gums? I've seen my dad use this for years, but it seems obvious that it didn't help.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 27th April 2022 10:17
Quote:
Can you elaborate on scaling please.

www.123dentist.com/what-is-scaling/

Quote:
Also, with the salt water, is that with warm water or cool water and for how long.

Warm water. Move it around for 15-30 seconds in the mouth and then spit out.

Quote:
Do medicated mouth washes help that are supposed to stop bleeding gums?

Yes they can help but they are not recommended to be used for extended periods.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2022 12:24
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I am not a medical professional but I can share my own experience which may be helpful. Alhamdulillah I do not have bleeding gums on a regular basis and when I do get it it is usually because of the following reasons apparently:

A) Having gone a longer time than usual without brushing teeth. For example, I brush twice a day at least but if for some reason I missed it one night and ate as usual, then the next time I brush there is a higher chance of bleeding. Remedy: Make sure to stick to regular brushing routine and always brush gently!

B) At times my diet causes gum irritation (and possibly inflammation) which leads to bleeding at the time of brushing. When this happens I can actually see the redness in my gums even prior to brushing, and then at the time of brushing it causes bleeding. I am unable to pinpoint what foods exactly cause this though. I think very salty food may be to blame. Probably eating something hard like tough meat could also cause this. Another likely culprit seems to be those packaged concentrated fruit juices. Surprisingly soft drinks (coke etc.) are not a problem.

I think I need to go to a dentist soon for a check up. Been a while since my last visit.
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2022 12:26
muslimman wrote:
Surprisingly soft drinks (coke etc.) are not a problem.

Maybe not for bleeding gums, but they aid in rotting the teeth!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 29th April 2022 12:28
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Of course and they are terrible for your health but in my case they don't seem to have an impact on bleeding gums.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2022 21:49
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I read the trick to that is to drink with a straw which decreases the contact with the teeth!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2022 21:54
I remember once I took a bite from a banana and I don't think I quite bit it properly with my front two teeth and ended up seeing blood in between the two teeth and was like great my wudu is broken. Now when I eat a banana or any other food that needs to be bitten and I don't want to risk breaking my wudu I will break it with my hand then put it in my mouth or just be careful when I take the first bite to prevent myself from bleeding.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 8th May 2022 22:05
Malak wrote:
View original post

I also found out recently that those blood stained fruits cannot be eaten either.

I asked once when I saw blood on an apple. The Mufti said that I couldn't eat that part of the apple.
+1 -0