Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

What are the best websites for new Muslim reverts?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Yasin
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2021 18:40
How is our brother doing?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 1st December 2021 21:18
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Bismillah.

His health issues are a major challenge. There is a limit to how much time he is able to devote to learning. So we are slowly progressing forward in very small teeny weeny baby steps.

+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd December 2021 09:06
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2021 00:05
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Bismillah.

I showed him Robert Davila story. He found it very inspiring.
I told him a brother on an Islamic message board recommended it. He asked me to thank you for asking about him, and the recommendation.

+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2021 02:01
Bismillah.

Okay how do you explain Zakaat to a new-muslim and upon whom it is compulsory..? And when does it become compulsory.

I googled and all the articles seem too complex and confusing to me.

So is there a very simple guide in bullet points.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2021 08:08
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

I can ask this question for you. I have added to it as the detail may be just as important and essential.

Is this okay or would you like me to amend it?
Quote:

السلام عليكم

A brother is asking on behalf of his elderly housebound revert neighbour.

When does zakat become compulsory on the new Muslim?

Does his anniversary date start from when he reverted and does he include all the monies of the past or just what he earned or saved since he became Muslim? He is also enquiring about assets which he still has in his possession. Some of which he bought to keep and some of which he bought with the intention to sell (before he reverted)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2021 13:58
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Bismillah.

I was looking for something that could explain concept of Zakat in a very simple manner, so he could understand himself.

For example Zakaaat is calculated in accordance with gold and silver nisaab. 87.48 grams of gold and 612.36 grams of silver.

The value is totally different between the Gold and the Silver. The Gold is well over 10 times higher.

(1) Why are there two different Nisaabs?

(2) In accordance with which Nisaab should you pay Zakaat? How can you actually pay with both nisaabs ?
Considering there totally different values.

Then it is stated that amongst the people who are eligible are the Fuqara and the Miskeen?

So what is the difference between a Faqir and a Miskeen? What would be a practical present day examples of which people fall into the above two categories?

I googled this and I got two different examples of what a Miskeen is... First was that a needy person who makes his needs known and pleads for assistance is a Miskeen. Then the second was totally contradictory a Miskeen is someone who is needy but does not beg for assistance and keeps their needs hidden.

As for our convert brother he is on a state pension and on disability. I dont think he has savings. He used to be a musician in his youth he has purchased collectible Guitars and Speakers and amplifiers over the years they would have a significant value. Since his health issues he has been physically unable to sell them. He does not have the physical energy to first find buyers, then actually do the wrapping and packiing and arrange delivery. Some of them speakers are very large and heavy. (Just walking to bathroom is a challenge for him these days) So he has just left them as they are.

The question is would he need to pay Zakaat on the approximate value of these items?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2021 14:06
View original post

Question

Assalamu alaikum,

Whith respect to personal assets, I learnt that there is only Zakat on Gold, Silver and Money. Is there any Zakat on redundant items like TVs, games consoles etc.?

Answer

GT1453

بِسْم الله

No zakat on these items unless it was bought with the intention to sell.

والله اعلم بالصواب

t.me/markazalifta/6088
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2021 14:13
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I just asked him. He states some of the items were bought to own and others with the intention of one day reselling for a profit.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2021 14:15
View original post

These were bought before he reverted, so Allah knows best. We can wait for the Ulama to answer

Original question now updated
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2021 14:18
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Okay thats fine these items have layed dormant for years.

So we will see what the ulemah have to say.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2021 20:08
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2021 01:38
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah Khairan for your help. As for the other part of my question I had always believed Nisaab in the U.K. was according to the Gold Standard. And the following explanation from Seekers Guidance confirms it.

Nisab With Gold or Silver?

January 24, 2021
Question: Assalamu ‘alaykum. What is the actual nisab amount? When the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) mentioned zakat, he gave an amount of gold and its equivalence in silver, but because of inflation, the amount in cash value is drastically different, so what do we follow? If I annually pay my zakat in September but was late in paying, and now it is December, do I recalculate the amount or pay what I had to in September?

Answer:

Wa ‘alaykum assalam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh.

I pray you are well.

The value of the zakat nisab fluctuates with the value of gold. You can get an up to date value on our zakat calculator in the currency you use.

Using the Gold Standard

In the time of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace), the value of the zakatable amount of gold and silver were the same. Afterwards, they changed, and now there is a huge difference between the two.

The fuqaha’ state that zakat should be calculated with whichever standard is most beneficial to the poor. Therefore, people who live in countries that have a relatively stronger economy should use gold. This is because someone with a couple of hundred pounds above their essential needs is not really wealthy – and zakat is for the wealthy.

In poorer economies, it might be practical to use silver as the standard. [Maydani, al-Lubab)

seekersguidance.org/answers/zakat/do-we-calculate-nisab-w...

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2021 01:51
View original post
Quote:
The fuqaha’ state that zakat should be calculated with whichever standard is most beneficial to the poor. Therefore, people who live in countries that have a relatively stronger economy should use gold. This is because someone with a couple of hundred pounds above their essential needs is not really wealthy – and zakat is for the wealthy.

In poorer economies, it might be practical to use silver as the standard. [Maydani, al-Lubab)
Mashallah, the hikmah of basing zakat on either gold or silver 1400 years ago becomes apparent in our age, when countries are clearly segregated into rich and poor countries, and the gold and silver nisab benefits the poor in both situations.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2022 11:09
Bismillah.

The Convert Brother in question cant fast because of health.
With Fidya is he supposed to give it here in U.K. where he lives or can he send it abroad.?
No post ratings