Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Need some info

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2021 16:33
Bismillah
Assalamu alaikum
I would like to know if there are any good job opportunities for women with phd in and around London with islamic environment.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2021 16:37
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 1st October 2021 16:40
Bismillah
PhD in Engineering Science
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd October 2021 00:21
Private tuition either online and in person.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd October 2021 01:49
Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

Salam,

Would you kindly elaborate what you mean by an "Islamic environment"? Would a job in research be considered an un-Islamic environment? A PhD in Engineering Sciences is still a very vague description. Can you tell me which branch of engineering sciences? And is it from a top Indian university? I ask so I can tap into some of my contacts and perhaps get some relevant leads.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd October 2021 06:33
Bismillah
Walaikum assalam
The research field is in plasma processing and thin film technology and phd was done in a European University. This will broadly come under materials science. A maternity break was taken around 3 years. Love to do research in industry in R and D sector and second preference would be universities but came down to islamic schools as there will be islamic environment.

As this is a general forum, unfortunately I can't give too much of information.

Thanks to all those who responded. All your help will be highly appreciated. JazaakumAllahu khaira

By islamic environment I meant there will be less interaction with men. I doubt if this is possible in industries or universities. Allahu Alam
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd October 2021 08:16
https:// www . materials . ox . ac . uk /edi/wims

Perhaps this will be of some interest. This is a group of women engaged in material science research at Oxford University. They also have a facebook group, so perhaps you can reach out to them.

https:// www . facebook . com /groups/2084776318215347/

I'm sure we can count on our fingers the number of practicing Muslim women with a doctorate in material science from a European university. Perhaps Professor Maripat Sahab can provide some guidance to this Muslimah.

Also, Dr. Jameel Akhtar at the Manipal University in Jaipur is engaged in semiconductor material research and has done post grad work in Germany. He is mashallah a practicing Muslim senior scientist. This is his webpage.

https:// jaipur . manipal . edu/foe/about-foe/leadership/Jamil-Akhtar.html

He can be reached via email or telephone. He's very helpful and usually responds to emails within two business days. He may have some information on research opportunities in and around London.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd October 2021 08:51
Bismillah
Thanks for your response. In shaa Allah I will contact them. To be honest I contacted many Muslim professors in my field including the practicing ones and most don't reply and zero response from practicing Muslims. I got the impression that they don't prefer women. Anyways the women's gp in Oxford sounds interesting. In shaa Allah I will contact them. Thanks again.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd October 2021 12:26
Umm Khadeejah wrote:
View original post

It's not that they don't prefer women or any discrimination. Most Islamic organisations I've dealt with all have majority female staff. They don't get back to you because in my experience, most Muslim organisations are the most unprofessional and have the worst track record replying, following up or acknowledging the receipt of email. Many times it's because the main people in charge treat the organisation as a side job. From muftisays.com we've sent things in the past and normal companies and individuals reply within 24 hours and some within the hour. Muslim organisations mostly never reply. A few times I've received replies 4 months later because someone decided to log in and check their webmail.

As xs11ax recommended, I would also recommend you create your course in a specific field and provide private education to those who are interested in the field whether it's online or at a premise. You can limit it to females if you wish, it'd be your rules and regulations. Check out nclh.uk where they'll be providing students to educators to get kids out of public indoctrination schools.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd October 2021 12:59
Bismillah
Thanks for your suggestion and for sharing the link. I appreciate your response. I didn't contact any Muslim organisations yet. I was talking about contacting Muslim professors of my field in different universities.
No post ratings