Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

The changing narrative of the Palestinian people as truth comes out

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Asaaghir, Yasin, super-glue, abu mohammed, member2, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, muhammadwaseem, sharjan8643, ummi taalib
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#196 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2022 06:50
ummi taalib wrote:
View original post

Occupied Jerusalem (QNN) - The Dutch government has called on Israeli occupation authorities to “immediately” stop its forced displacement of a Palestinian family from its house in Sheikh Jarrah neighbirhood in East Jerusalem.

“Ongoing attempt to evict a Palestinian family from their East Jerusalem home is contrary to international law and risks further escalation,” tweeted, Hans Docter, the Dutch ambassador to ‘Israel’.

The Dutch ambassador added, “calls on the Israeli authorities to stop the eviction immediately.”

Source

The European Union: "[Israeli] evictions and demolitions are illegal under international law and significantly undermine the prospects for peace as well as fuel tensions on the ground."
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#197 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2022 07:10
Details of the forced eviction in Sheikh Jarrah (Jerusalem)

A Palestinian man, whose family is facing imminent eviction, threatened to set off gas canisters on the roof of his home on Monday in the Sheikh Jarrah neighbourhood in occupied East Jerusalem, rather than let Israeli forces force them out.

Dozens of Israeli police officers stormed the home of the Salhiya family, where 40 people live, ordering them to evacuate their property.

Some family members refused to obey the Israeli police order and barricaded themselves on the roof with gas canisters, while a team of Israeli negotiators attempted to convince them to come down.
Israeli media reported that Mahmoud Salhiya had threatened to set himself on fire if the eviction order was carried out.

"We've been in this home since the 1950s," said Salhiya family member Abdallah Ikermawi from the roof of the home.

"We don't have anywhere to go," he said in quotes provided by the Sheikh Jarrah Committee organisation.

Sheikh Jarrah has been a significant flashpoint over the past year, after Israel tried to expel Palestinian families from the area last May to make way for Israeli settlers.

The events had led to widespread protests in the occupied West Bank and Israel's mixed cities of Arabs and Jews, and a large-scale military operation in the besieged Gaza Strip.

Israeli forces on Monday prevented activists from entering the area, located north of Jerusalem's Old City, leaving the Salhiyas to face the eviction order alone.

Meanwhile, Instagram blocked Palestinian activist Muna el-Kurd from live streaming Israeli forces preparing to expel the family from their home to her 1.6 million followers.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#198 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2022 16:14
ummi taalib wrote:
View original post

UK should be saying, stop because its ethnic cleansing, its wrong, its illegal, its a crime against humanity?!! And just this one family because there is an outcry? What about the rest of palestine being ethnically cleansed?
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#199 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2022 06:35

At 3 Am, Hundreds of Israeli occupation forces besieged Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in Jerusalem, attacked the home of Salhiya family, detained its owners and others and demolished the home.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#200 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2022 06:38
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
+0 -1Dislike x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#201 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2022 08:53

“They silenced it. It mustn’t be told; it could cause a whole scandal. I don’t want to talk about it, but it happened. What can you do? It happened."

This is what the former Israeli soldier Moshe Diamant told the film director Alon Schwartz in a new documentary film that goes back to the affair of the Palestinian village #Tantura.

Akevot’s researcher Adam Raz told Haaretz about the new testimonies about the battle of #Tantura, and about the code of silence among the soldiers who were there – and among all of us – that prevents any discussion about what happened.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#202 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2022 19:50
New facts revelas massacre and mass grave of Plestinians

New facts are being revealed about the heinous massacre of Tantura which was committed by Israeli occupation forces in 1948
More here
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#203 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd January 2022 19:51
ummi taalib wrote:
View original post

Mohammed El-Kurd
@m7mdkurd
Writer from occupied Jerusalem

Quote:
Our grandparents have viscerally narrated the harrowing massacres upon which the Zionist state was built.

But our testimonies aren’t enough. It takes the “confessions” of an ex-soldier or the belated “miraculous epiphanies” of foreign human rights orgs for the world to listen.

Quote:
When we as Palestinians speak about this ongoing and ignored ethnic cleansing, inherent to Zionist ideology, we are at best "passionate" and at worst "angry and hateful."

But in reality, we are simply reliable narrators.

Quote:
We're stuck endlessly showing bloody photos of our dead & subjecting our children to dehumanizing, gazing cameras.

But the proof is daily & abundant. The answer is there. My grandmother's haunting testimonies have more authority than an Israeli soldier's perfunctory confession.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#204 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2022 08:46

+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#205 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2022 08:48
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#206 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2022 08:52

The Israeli occupation authorities demolish Al Araqeeb bedouin village
in Al Naqab for the 197th time
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#207 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2022 07:16
Inhumane Israeli evictions and demolitions continue...The Karama family of Al-Tur town

The crews of the occupation municipality evacuate a Palestinian home before demolish it, in Al Tur town in Jerusalem.

All these fully armed Israeli soldiers were gathered to detain unarmed Palestine who was trying to defend his home from demolition by the Israeli occupation bulldozers in Al Tur town, today.
Eye On Palestine (@eye.on.palestine) • Instagram photos and videos

The Israeli occupation forces detained number of Palestinians after assaulting them while demolishing the demolition of Karama's family home in Al Tur town in Jerusalem.

A Palestinian child from the family of Karama hides behind the door of a car and blocks his ears during the demolition of his family home in Al Tur town, today.

The Israeli occupation forces attack journalists while covering the demolition of Karama family home in Jerusalem.

The rubble of Karama's family home which was demolished by the Israeli occupation authorities in Al Tur town in Jerusalem.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#208 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2022 15:55
Story of the Ethnic Cleansing of Yalu

On this day 54 years ago, my family was ethnically cleansed from our village, Yalu. Israel violently erased us from our land, but never replaced us with settlers. It figures prominently in Israeli greenwashing campaigns. Our only crime was being in Israel's way. This is our story.

During the 1948 Nakba, Zionist militias that later formed the Israeli army tried to conquer the Latrun villages (Yalu, Imwas, Bayt Nuba). Local resistance overpowered the Zionists' superior weaponry. My grandfather, an 18 year old orphan, was among those who defended our land.

As Israel's Defense Minister in 1967, Moshe Dayan returned to Yalu, Imwas and Bayt Nuba with a personal vengeance due to the humiliating defeat that local resistance handed his battalion in 1948. He ordered the villages razed and its residents emptied.

A Yalu elder was blind, and was crushed to death under the rubble of his own home in the 1967 conquest. He was unable to flee in time. I think of Israel's "warnings" to Palestinians of Gaza before they bomb their homes, giving them nowhere to seek shelter, when I think of him.

Members of our extended family were missing for months. The people of Latrun were forced to move by foot towards either Ramallah or Jordan. My family ended up in Jordan. Each night, my grandfather would drive from refugee camp to refugee camp looking for his brother's family.

Months. Months of your life go by, not knowing whether your family is living or dead. To this day, some members of my extended family still live in refugee camps. Any negotiated "peace" that excludes them is what Kanafani called a "conversation between the sword and the neck"

Pieces of the homes remain. I love my great uncle. He doesn't say much, is quite stoic, has an acerbic wit. He's delivered some of the funniest one-liners I've ever heard. He wept when he recognized tile from his destroyed childhood home, visiting Yalu ~40 years after our Nakba.

The villages of Yalu, Imwas and Bayt Nuba became "Canada Park," established by the Canadian Jewish National Fund. The US JNF has tax-exempt status while it attacks the grassroots justice movement that children of exile like myself helped grow. Canada Park is one of many examples of Israeli greenwashing, where it claims be environmentalist in order to obscure the settler-colonial violence its military used to empty Palestinian land, planting foreign trees in the place of razed Palestinian homes.

Emile Habibi pointed to the absurdity of greenwashing in his 1974 novel "The Secret Life of Saeed: The Pessoptimist." The main character, a wise-fool, asked: "Was this why you demolished the Latrun villages, Imwas, Yalu, and Bait Nuba, and drove away their inhabitants, master?"

We carry immense pain, just like the other 300,000 refugees of 1967, the 1948 Nakba refugees, and that of the people of Silwan and Sheikh Jarrah fighting settler-colonial erasure today. Their resistance today speaks to our stubborn refusal to abandon our liberation struggle. I was raised to know and love this land as if I had lived in Yalu myself. We are four generations living in exile. We plan to return together. Our elders did everything they could to spare us from the pain of dispossession, and we must honor their sacrifice by ending the Nakba.

Hanna Alshaikh
@yalawiya

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#209 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2022 17:53

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified