You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Giaa, Yasin, ummi taalib, bint e aisha, tanveerzakee, abuzayd2k, member2, ssaad
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2021 00:07
Its a good idea to remember the Muftisays community in our duas in general. We never know what another person may be going through. You never know who's dua may be accepted.

May Allah ease the sister's worries and hardships. Ameen.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2Ameen x 4
Rank Image
London
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2021 13:02
“The most in their suffering among the people are the prophets, then the best, then the (next) best. One is afflicted in accordance with his faith. If his faith is firm, his affliction is hard, and if his faith is weak, his affliction is light.

Indeed, one would be so much subjected to adversity until he walks among the people without any sins.” (Ahmad and At-Tirmidhi)
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2021 17:42
May Allah ta'ala shower all of you and your families and loved ones with forgiveness, aafiyah, blessings, mercy and happiness.
+1 -0Like x 1Ameen x 5
UK
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 10th January 2021 19:03
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Posting just to be part of this Duaa.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 12th January 2021 11:36
Taken from the "Do not be depressed" telegram channel:

Quote:
Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah) said:

“Surely in the heart of every human being, there is a sense of scattering which cannot be brought back together except by turning to Allah. And in the heart of every human being there is a sense of loneliness which cannot be put out except by being close to Allah. And in the heart of every human being there is anxiety and there is a sense of fear and unease which cannot be removed except by fleeing to Allah. And in the heart of every human being there is a sense of guilt and regret which cannot be removed except by being pleased and content with Allah.”
+2 -0Like x 1
UK
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 12th January 2021 14:50
I think in UK it's much better than other places. One example is the injustice happening in other parts of the world for example in UAE it's become a major source of government funding to fine up to 3000 AED for not just not wearing a mask but if you don't wear it properly. Even if you're alone in your car.

Other 3rd world places include beatings but Alhamdulillah we do have a say (sort of) in UK even about lockdown when we're out. In my area you can't feel lockdown. It's more in the media than on the streets where I am. I'm grateful when I am told about other places (by the ones living there and not from what I read).

So for me what's effecting me is the impact on society and what it's doing to others. For me personally it's normal and the lockdown gave me one of the best Ramadhans in 2019 I've had since I was a kid so it's not all bad.
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 14th January 2021 10:49
“The amount of reward is in accordance with the amount of suffering. When Allah loves some people, He tries them (with affliction). He who then is content (with Allah’s decree) has achieved the acceptance (of Allah), and he who is dissatisfied (with Allah’s decree) will attain the anger (of Allah).” (At-Tirmidhi)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 15th January 2021 18:08
This is how some have coped with the lockdown. Some got married in small groups, others in larger groups and so many got married online.

How to Conduct a Marriage Online During Lockdown

Mufti Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf
youtu.be/-28iDEkpst4

Zoom Nikkah :)

I've missed the Nikkah of a few close relatives but managed to be part of it virtually. Not the same but all the best to everyone.
+1 -0Like x 1Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2021 12:28
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I was more miffed when my name was taken off walima feast invites as they had to cut down on the numbers!

Don't worry I wasn't offended nor cut off family ties as they really had no choice.

I know some relatives postponed weddings until we could get back to normal but it didn't really happen so they thought might as well get it over and done with.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2021 13:27
Malak wrote:
View original post

Miffed :)

You know what almost everyone I knew felt? A weird happiness.

No need to travel hundreds of miles
No need to buy new clothes (for the guests)
No need to buy expensive gifts
No need to meet those whom you didn't want to
Protection of your loved ones from evil eye
Protection of your loved ones from gheebah
Protection of your loved ones indulging in sins
Saving a lot of money for those arranging the marriage
Saving them from one-upmanship
and most importantly one that entails a whole new topic No need to indulge in wrongdoings at all

The list can go on and on.

So as I mentioned, this pandemic turned out to be a blessing in disguise in this matter for all those involved.

Ultimately, The bride and groom got each other and the best we can do is pray for them.
+4 -0Like x 4Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2021 13:44
The Imām Fudayl bin Iyād has said: “I learned patience from a small boy. On my way to the Masjid one day, I came across a woman beating her son at home. As he was yelling and screaming, he managed to open the door and flee. So his mother locked the door on him. When I returned from the Masjid, I found the boy after having cried and wept, sleeping at the door of his home longing for his mother. So his mother’s heart softened and she opened the door for him.” Upon witnessing that, Fudayl bin Iyād cried until his beard became wet with tears, and then he said “SubhānAllāh! If only the servant was to be patient at the door of Allah, Allah would surely open it!”
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
London
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2021 13:49
Loading Qur'aan Verse
Trust in Allah is one of the most important components of a successful life. However, a lot of people today suffer due to the absence of confidence, which may be caused by many things including social and economic factors. To be confident requires one to change certain thought patterns and ideas that lead to freedom, new life, and happiness. A great solution to obtaining confidence is to trust in Allah, which requires one to be courageous and strong.

Put your trust in Allah. Allah loves those that trust [in Him]. (3:159)
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2021 13:59
Sadness departs with a Sajdah.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2021 16:12
Use this time wisely.

Do your Qadha Salah instead of building those muscles and burning fat.

Stop with the selfies and concentrate on the self!
+5 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2021 19:52
Quote:
When helping friends, family or loved ones, I find that using the current situation (no matter what it is) and use it in context of themselves.

Do you recall this very very fortunate Muslim. The Pandemic was meant for him so his dream can become true, no matter what!

The unthinkable.

youtu.be/vFJGW8F3kHg
+3 -0Like x 3