You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Giaa, Yasin, ummi taalib, bint e aisha, tanveerzakee, abuzayd2k, member2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2020 20:12
I've personally been affected by the lockdown but not as much as others.

I've not been working since March 2020 and looks like I'll be off work until May 2021.

Fortunately, I have not lost my job like many of the thousands and millions who have.

Salary isn't full, but it is what it is and the best thing for me to do is make Shukr to Allah that I am well, employed and have rizk coming in from other family members too.

But there are countless people out there that don't even have this.

I can relate to my wife's family in Pakistan, they are struggling to make ends meet, but Alhumdulillah, they are still well and alive!

Last week I shared a calendar date with others as it was perfect timing, I'll share it here too. Plus another I shared.

2714-IMG_20201221_200519.jpg
Downloads: 12
    [386.78 kB]
2714-IMG_20201221_200937.jpg
Downloads: 15
    [375.69 kB]
2714-IMG_20201221_201043.jpg
Downloads: 12
    [463.92 kB]
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2020 10:01
This is a good topic. May help some people who going through a difficult time and need encouragement and moral support.
Great calander to have Brother AM, can I ask where you purchased it?
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2020 10:33
Alhamdulillah working from home for almost 9 months now. Will probably continue like this for at least another 3 months. Dreading daily commute once this is over.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2020 12:47
ummi taalib wrote:
View original post

The calendar was an Eid gift from a neighbour in our street.

I've had an older version for many years but that was all Quran verses.

We liked this calendar quite a lot so we eventually ordered a few more as and when needed from Amazon and eBay to give as gifts.

Currently many places are out of stock, but you can search for Islamic reminders 365 days calendar.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2020 12:53
I found this Telegram group very useful.

Do Not Be Depressed
t.me/do_not_be_depressed

In fact, I copy the images and share them with those who I know will benefit from it.

Very useful Alhumdulillah. Many Dua's daily for the owner of the channel too.

Some people help others without any knowledge. Such people are gathering rewards in their accounts Alhumdulillah.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2020 17:45
When helping friends, family or loved ones, I find that using the current situation (no matter what it is) and use it in context of themselves.

For example, the pandemic.

One sister was finding it very difficult to live in a joint family. This was leading her towards suicide and depression. Her husband, children, everyone was feeling the effects except her in-laws.

The in-laws kept insisting that it was all fake :(

When the husband is at work, her life is miserable for those few hours. The husband had very little choice and could only advise her to have patience and speak to his parents as much as possible about the issues.

Then the pandemic came along and her husband had to stay home.

My explanation to the family was to ponder over everything and look back and see what's happened.

Almost 10 months now and the pandemic has been a blessing for this family.

The husband being at home 24/7 meant that the wife had her support, the depression almost non existent and the thoughts of suicide have gone away.

The sister used this time to improve in other areas and has since made her position much better, Alhumdulillah.

When they reflect back on the attempted suicide, they thank Allah and now appreciate why Allah didn't allow for the suicide to take effect.

The sister is now the main bread earner for her own parents who have nothing left in this pandemic. No work, no income, no food. But this sister is now being used by Allah as the means of their well-being and so on.

She reflects on this every day and reminds herself that Allah works in the most amazing and mysterious ways.

She can easily say that this pandemic was sent by Allah so that she could get stronger and stronger and earn so much money that she would eventually be the one that is looking after her parents. Her older siblings unfortunately are not capable of looking after their parents due to the pandemic too.

Her parents tell her that Allah gave them 1 daughter equivalent to their 3 sons and more.

Alhumdulillah.

Remember, any calamity that comes upon us, there will be something better. We just need that extra sabr and await the results.

Remember, sabr will come if you seek it!
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2020 18:05
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

An example of the channel that helps many with its powerful messages.

Sometimes I just go back and take advice from here and then I tell myself, "How can I forget"

This is one thing I like about telegram, you can join the group and scroll as far back as you want and catch up on it.

This is helping many cope!

2714-Screenshot_2020-12-22-17-54-30-851_org.telegr
Downloads: 44
    [697.03 kB]
2714-Screenshot_2020-12-22-17-58-03-200_org.telegr
Downloads: 55
    [183.58 kB]
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2020 05:31
Quote:
Remember, any calamity that comes upon us, there will be something better. We just need that extra patients and await the results.

Remember, patients will come if you seek it!

You could be the ideal spokesperson for those pushing for the narrative of a pandemic. Because they most certainly seek extra patients. Infact, the more the better for them. :P
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd December 2020 11:39
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Well spotted. Patience is a virtue whilst for others patients are a virtue.

Jzk. Changed to Sabr. (Don't always rely on swipe typing)

Great sense of humour too, love it :)
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 28th December 2020 00:26
Whoever complains about a calamity, it is as if he has complained against his lord (Al Fudayl)
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2021 22:12
2714-IMG_20210104_221005_296~2.jpg
Downloads: 7
    [15.29 kB] From the group mentioned above
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 5th January 2021 17:13
alhamdulillah lockdown has been a mixed bag for me. i do contracting so suffered initially as i was out of work jan to sept but now i got a contract role with central gov paying 3x more than previous role. i live close to river lea fields so me and fam used to go for regular walks by the canel as well as cycling with friends. tbh apart from not being able to take kids many places its not been much difference to me. past few month we just go for a drive around walthamstow in the evenings so kids get fresh air. ps nice calendar i got them same ones lol
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2021 00:26
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

(salam)
With so many months off work, how do you/people in UK manage their expenses?
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2021 02:36
طالب wrote:
View original post

For many, the government are paying 80% of the salary to stay at home.

Look up "Furlough" that's we are on in the UK.

Children who normally get free school lunches are being provided with free lunch at home, thanks to pressure from the public, especially a particular footballer.

However, there are many who are self employed or make a living a different way, or work with agencies, such people are living off their savings if they have any. Others get help from family. But Alhumdulillah, most are coping well.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2021 12:40
There is Self-Employment Income Support Scheme for those that were self employed in previous tax year and continued to be self employed.

There is also self bounce back loan for businesses which are interest free for first 12 months.