abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 07:01
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Your posts are the most confusing, riddled, coded, conflicting, chaotic, misplaced, random, and non English posts I've come across on this forum.

This will be tough on young ssaad but I suppose he can handle it. On my part I just love the proficiency of young Asaaghir in English language.

report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 07:08
ssaad wrote:
View original post

Quote:

I seek pardon.

Not given.

We shall have full fun at your expenditure.
Rank Image
Al-Hind
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 13:07
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Quote:
I confess that it was my terrible mistake that I started the discussion on this topic.

Wallah... I admit my mistake.

I seek pardon.

It was not a mistake that I started this topic. My mistake is that I started HERE.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 14:03
ssaad wrote:
View original post

“Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to error that counts".
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 15:59
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

This brother doesn't write in a simpler way because he cannot. He writes like this because he believes writing in a complex riddled way to be sophisticated and Academic. The evidence of his "not even trying to understand" is that when people disagree with him multiple people have offered to speak to him in Urdu but he refuses. Therefore, his intention isn't to understand anything or anyone.

But he chooses to write "Urdu" in English alphabets when he chooses to.

Disagreements can be resolved if a person wants to engage in discussions, he does not want to.

His justified his complex way of writing by quoting Ulama so in his mind he is doing nothing wrong by writing in a convoluted, complex, riddled manner.

Nowhere does Allah Ta'ala or His Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) speak or communicate in a complex manner because they speak to common people. Its always been people who choose to because they want only to be understood by a certain group.

Ulama when writing for Ulama speak in a complex manner using specific terms.
Engineers when writing for engineers speak in a complex manner using specific terms.
Doctors when writing for doctors speak in a complex manner using specific terms.

None do this when speaking or writing to common people.

He actually believes that he should speak to common people in a complex manner and it is some kind of merit.
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 16:34
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

This opinion is based on one-to-one private conversation with the brother, correct?
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 16:45
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

No, based on public interaction and expressing public opinion.

And if he has problems in his personal life or illness or disability then may Allah Ta'ala make it easy for him (Ameen).

Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 22:36
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

How do we know what he believes and what's in his mind if we haven't asked him privately? Is he unwilling to engage in private conversation?
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2020 23:09
Salaam

I am not saying Ssaad is doing this, in fact I don't think that's his intention, but some people like to be vague and mysterious to fein some sort of higher piety. I have seen this in some form or other in tablighis, jihadis, sufis. Maybe this can be found in other groups as well, but I don't have knowledge about it.

One group I didn't see this in was the Taliban. They were very straight forward with no pomp or show. Very simple people. This was in the days of ameerul mumineen mullah Umar رضي الله عنه. The muslim ummah would have benefited from them a lot if only we gave them a chance. A lot of ulama went there to teach and guide them, but instead they should have learnt from them. I don't know about the Taliban of today. In my opinion, the greatest quality of the Taliban was their simplicity and their disconnect from the modern world. (I am not saying we shouldn't use modern means, but it should definitely not define us either.)

Simple mountain dwellers with slippers on their feet and outdated weapons brought down 2 great nations within our lifetime. In our world of modern technology and weaponry this is a miracle. Imagine if the whole muslim ummah were like that.

I know I have digressed, but the point is simplicity isn't a weakness, but can be a strength and a better judgement of someone's character. Especially when someone brings themself down to someone else's level to make them more comfortable. Isnt that what Rasoolullah (saw) did?
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2020 05:17
ssaad wrote:
View original post

Quote:
It was not a mistake that I started this topic. My mistake is that I started HERE.

You mean you do not like us anymore and thus you do not want to post here anymore?
Rank Image
Al-Hind
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2020 06:55
Dear @xs11ax

What we are taught is:
Simplicity is collective Sunnah of all the prophets. The modern world has complicated our lives by pulling out this Sunnah from our lives and inducing lavish life style in us.

When Syeduna Abu Bakr RA was selected as khalifah, the next morning his orphan neighbors told Abu Bakr RA "you have become khalifah, now who will draw milk from our sheep. Abu Bakr RA said, Abu bakr will continue to do that, why should he change".

Syeduna Umar RA had followed same life style;
In his private life;
Standing on pulpit of Masjid e Nabavi;
When he went to receive keys of Baitul Maqdis.

One day Umar RA was drawing milk from camels of Baithul maal, he said "dignitaries from a powerful empire visited Madinah and they praised him, so he felt pride in himself and to clean that he is doing this"

Umar RA consulted the weakest among the companions. Had equal Respect for everyone's views.

We try to bring this in our life, whether we live in a cave or in a mansion, nothing should change us.

Side Note: Economies of powerful nations are falling because people have returned to basic needs. Sunnah is to return to basic needs. And it is a powerful weapon.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2020 08:49
ssaad wrote:
View original post

These are actions and actions speak louder than words.

So just imagine what happens when words are louder than actions and imagine those words which confuse.
Rank Image
Al-Hind
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2020 09:01
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

You expect actions from me because I speak about those actions. Mission successful. You never expect from others because they don't discuss this.

Hakeemul Ummath RA says "Whichever m'aroof I would like bring in to actions, I invite people towards that M'aroof. Whatever Munkar I would like to stop myself, I stop others from that munkar"
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2020 10:43
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Read again.

I don't need to since I am not judging his intention, I am judging his actions. The Shariah does not require me and nor is it possible for me to judge his intention.

I am judging his actions from public knowledge and in public and there is nothing wrong with it.

Read his opening post, read his second last post, they are 180 degrees apart!

ssaad wrote:
View original post

You started this thread arguing the exact opposite! If you have changed your mind, say that from now on I will follow the Sunnah and communicate clearly.

Discussion over.
Rank Image
Al-Hind
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 18th September 2020 11:21
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

There are two parts in my OP. The first part, I request members to use plain English language, brother @abumohammed and @Muadh agree with that.

Quote:
In one post one member was describing the debate on that thread as Oxford level. Good.. let us appreciate that. Powerful English is being used by members with a purpose.

As per inputs I have about Muslim brothers in London, my view is that majority will not understand that powerful English. So is the other part of the world.

I don't know about the level of English knowledge, visitors on this forum posses.

So my argument is that, this forum is a place where all sections of Muslim society visit. My request to respected members is that; to convey our knowledge to an ordinary member, we have to come down to their level. If powerful English language has to be used (not understood by common Muslim), then PM or email or whatsapp message among individual members is a better platform.

In the second part, I do positive taweel of brothers who use academic High level English. May be, they follow Hakeemul Ummath RA or Molana Saad sab here.

Quote:

Or in the past, when Hakeemul Ummat was told about his powerful Urdu he used in Dars and Bayans, he replied, "let the common muslim increase their level, we will not come down". Recently Molana Saad sab had a similar reply.

It would be better if brothers use plain English, this will be useful for wide spectrum of type of brothers who visit this Islamic forum.