Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Covid-19 and back to school

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 16:49
My daughter was back at school today. First day back since the lockdown in March in the UK.

I dropped her off in the car to avoid public transport to start with, will see how that gets on going forward.

She was prepared with the mask and whatever else she needed to protect herself.

But, she's been told that she can't wear the mask once she enters the school gate!

The hallway is rather small and it does get busy, but the masks can only be worn once they are out of the school premises.

There is no social distancing in the class rooms. Everyone has to sit in the front of the class. Only difference is that all lessons are held on the same floor for each year group.

100's of students taking the bus to get to school along with random public who are also using the bus.

My daughter just thinks it's a big joke and if the school isn't taking it seriously, then why would the students!

She reckons there will be another lockdown if this carries on, be it a local lockdown.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 17:38
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I agree. It's ridiculous. Same with the eat in discount. Why is the discount only valid for eating in and not taking out? Surely the sensible thing to do would be to promote taking out.

I had to take my son to hospital a few weeks ago. He had to have a covid test and then be placed on an interim ward till the results came back. Then depending on the result (positive or negative) he would have been moved to a different ward. This is to seperate infected and non infected patients. I argued with the nurse and doctor that this method doesn't not make sense. My son could go on the interim ward without being infected, the covid test would have come up as negative, he then would have been moved to a ward with non infected people, but he could have picked up covid from an infected person on the interim ward and transferred it to other people on the non infected ward. ( I hope I made sense).

When I pointed out to the doctor and nurse that this method is daft, they just looked at me and shrugged their shoulders. They also knew it didn't make sense.
+4 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 18:15
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Eat out to help was a great farce to be honest.

There was one Turkish restaurant that had over 3 hundred people waiting outside for over an hour to wait to be served. People started queuing from before lunch time to late night.

Yet when we go to the mosque, we can't make a saff for approx 10 minutes max!

I seriously think the Ulama should discuss this with the people at the top and say that we should be allowed to make the saff as long as everyone is wearing a face mask and allow normal prayers to commence, instead of having gaps in the rows

Even public transport has more people jammed together for longer periods than a short congregation!
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 19:30
Back to school and if one is sick, everyone has to isolate. Students, teachers AND parents, siblings and so on. This then extends to work colleagues of the parent too, they to would have to isolate and their family.

They need to change the rules on isolation
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 19:35
Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

It's a difficult situation. Life has to go on. The country has to go on. The economy has to go on. What can you do?
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 19:42
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Can't you all pray in Jamah in the UK as yet?

The school situation you described shows incompetence on the UK government's part.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd September 2020 08:30
Concerned wrote:
View original post

We can pray in the mosques but with social distancing rules in place. We follow these rules as they are enforced by the government and permitted by shariah.

We don't want to go against the government guidelines in case they shut the mosques again to protect the people of the country.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2020 09:41
Just dropped two of my daughters off to school and social distancing all seems to have gone out of the window!
It actually seemed more congested today than other days. Granted it was first day back after about 6 months.
As mentioned in the above posts it's all a mess. I mean I will talk about myself and since end of July in the UK football pitches have reopened, I've been playing football along with probably hundreds of others who attend to play on different pitches in the same compound.
A work colleague plays rugby for a local team and there is more contact in there than football, all allowed nobody breaking the law, but then you have to social distance in masaajid and other buildings. Confusing is an understatement!
+0 -0Agree x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2020 09:55
Salaam

Is there a hadith or guidance from the ulama that says the time of dajjal and leading up to it will be times of confusion/deception?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2020 10:32
It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Messenger of Allah (ï·º) said:
“There will come to the people years of treachery, when the liar will be regarded as honest, and the honest man will be regarded as a liar; the traitor will be regarded as faithful, and the faithful man will be regarded as a traitor; and the Ruwaibidah will decide matters.’ It was said: ‘Who are the Ruwaibidah?’ He said: ‘Vile and base men who control the affairs of the people.’”

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا يَزِيدُ بْنُ هَارُونَ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْمَلِكِ بْنُ قُدَامَةَ الْجُمَحِيُّ، عَنْ إِسْحَاقَ بْنِ أَبِي الْفُرَاتِ، عَنِ الْمَقْبُرِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ ‏ "‏ سَيَأْتِي عَلَى النَّاسِ سَنَوَاتٌ خَدَّاعَاتٌ يُصَدَّقُ فِيهَا الْكَاذِبُ وَيُكَذَّبُ فِيهَا الصَّادِقُ وَيُؤْتَمَنُ فِيهَا الْخَائِنُ وَيُخَوَّنُ فِيهَا الأَمِينُ وَيَنْطِقُ فِيهَا الرُّوَيْبِضَةُ قِيلَ وَمَا الرُّوَيْبِضَةُ قَالَ الرَّجُلُ التَّافِهُ فِي أَمْرِ الْعَامَّةِ ‏"‏

Sunan Ibn Majah 4036
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2020 10:35
Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, preceding the False Messiah will be years of deception, in which the truthful are belied, the liars are believed, the trustworthy are discredited, the treacherous are trusted, and the disgraceful speak.” It was said, “Who are the disgraceful?” The Prophet said, “Little wicked men who speak about the affairs of common people.”

Source: Musnad Aḥmad 13298

Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Al-Arna’ut

عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ إِنَّ أَمَامَ الدَّجَّالِ سِنِينَ خَدَّاعَةً يُكَذَّبُ فِيهَا الصَّادِقُ وَيُصَدَّقُ فِيهَا الْكَاذِبُ وَيُخَوَّنُ فِيهَا الْأَمِينُ وَيُؤْتَمَنُ فِيهَا الْخَائِنُ وَيَتَكَلَّمُ فِيهَا الرُّوَيْبِضَةُ قِيلَ وَمَا الرُّوَيْبِضَةُ قَالَ الْفُوَيْسِقُ يَتَكَلَّمُ فِي أَمْرِ الْعَامَّةِ

13298 مسند أحمد بن حنبل

13298 المحدث شعيب الأرناؤوط خلاصة حكم المحدث حسن في تخريج المسند
+3 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2020 10:43
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

As far as I'm concerned we have been living in such times for a while.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2020 11:16
My youngest son is starting school tomorrow. He's been missing his friends at school and has been looking forward to going back.

I've been telling him all week that he needs to get back into his routine so this morning, I told him he needed to get ready really fast and practice for tomorrow.

He just froze. He stood still and looked really upset. I asked him what happened and he said, "You only want me to go to school so I can catch the coronavirus"

I had to tell him that InshaAllah he would be okay because children are not getting infected as much. Then I had to tell him that I'd have to see if I could talk to Boris Johnson. That solved the predicament for the day :( if he asks me, I'll be honest with him and tell him I want able to :(

Everyday he's been making dua for the virus not to go away only so that I could be at home with him all day, everyday! I guess he got really used to it. Previously it was his mum that would be with him on the school runs and at home until I would eventually get home from work.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd September 2020 11:36
A doctor whom we know was furious with the school on the first day.

She said she had dropped her son to school with a spiderman mask and picked him up with a peppa pig mask.

She will be taking action and making plenty of complaints.

If the child gets sick, she will have to quarantine which she definitely cannot afford to do as she is much needed at work.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 8th September 2020 23:50
I know one class was sent home from my daughters school yesterday, although I heard two classes were. I think this is going to be a regular thing for the next few week, maybe months.
No post ratings