Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 16:10
اَلسَّلاَ مُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَا تُهُ

Respected brothers and sisters,

For the past days, i had been discussing about Turkey in detail. I tried to answer questions on Turkey in the best of my abilities as they are many things i personally do not know myself. If i had been rude to anyone, i ask your forgiveness.

Türk Kızı will not be active anymore because i have explained everything necessary to understand the situation of Turkey. Any news that comes out from Turkey will be repetition to what i have written earlier. To refer to my posts, i will write their forum post title and page numbers where you can read my arguments Inshaallah.

My final message will be an open letter Turk and Non Turk supporters of Erdogan:

اَلسَّلاَ مُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَا تُهُ

Dear Turk and Non Turk supporters of Erdogan

Turkey has went through so much. The word 'So much' or any other English word to explain the oppression Kemalist regime had done would not do justice. They wanted to destroy Islam and resorted to every means to achieve their objectives. They have burtally oppressed us and deprived us from our fundamental right of learning our Deen - Islam. Adhan Turkified, Quran courses were raided, Ulama was hanged, a country become illiterate in just one day, banned from keeping beard and wearing hijab in public space. To this extend you couldnt pray Salah on public space (military, hospitals etc.) Even today many families are experiencing 21 century version of brutal Kemalism in their lives. May Allah Ta'ala assist and help them. May Allah Ta'ala protect them and give them strength.

You are aware what we have went through throughout for many years. You are also aware what we did to gain our rights which was taken from us. You saw how we stood up and struggled against kemalism. We tried everything with our little efforts to select a someone who was open to Islam. Erdogan may had gave us want we struggled thoroughout many years. We were able to wear hijab in public, pray Salah on work - but what happened to us?

• Did we progress further?
  • Did we become fully inclined towards Deen even after we were able to practice Deen easier than before?
  • Did we open up proper madrasas or did we raise Turkish Alims in modernist universities which its sole aim was to modernize Islam?
  • Did our youth become more modernist?
  • Do we have 21 century Alims who are taken as authetic? or when one look to Turkey all they see is 'modernist Turks'

The answer you know better....

Erdogan may had gave us what we struggled for but did Erdogan himself had the same mindset like us in reality?

• Wasnt he the one who said 'Islam needs to be upgraded (rulings taken by Ä°jtihad can be re-interpreated'?
  • Wasnt he the one who cleaned his hands on Mavi Marmara incident and said Israel needs us we need Israel?
  • Wasnt he the one who said 'we (alawites and Muslims) are two views of same Deen?
  • Wasnt he the one who said' i have removed National View (Erbakan's view) jacket from myself'
  • Didnt Erbakan himself said, "supporting Erdogan is supporting Israel?
  • Wasnt he the one who had been promoting 'modern Islam' throughout his leadership?
  • Wasnt he the one who put many poor people to interest based debt and forced women to come out of homes?
  • Wasnt he the one who signed Istanbul Agreement? The same agreement which destroyed our family structure under EU process?
  • Wasnt he the one who called alawite shia asad as KardeÅŸim (brother) esad?
  • Isnt his daughter in one of the ruling mechanism of a organization that promotes feminism to practicing Turkish women?
  • Isnt it the same organization who is against coming out from Istanbul Agreement?
  • Do you accept that still Islamic faculties produce modern Alims and that Ottoman history is still writen by academicians?
  • Does our youth go to madrasas? Or they have to go to Imam Hatips which is modern so called Islamic school?
  • Can you open true madrasa under madrasa liences?
  • Why historical Darul Hadith madrasa in Suleymaniyya Complex opened as a Islamic faculty of a university? This is Waqt property.
  • Why Hagia Sofia's mosaics arent covered despite being converted to a masjid?

You dont need to answer openly, you can answer these questions yourself.

Erdogan rulership may had given us certain rights which we fought before, but what did we lose in the end? The answer lies in Turkish society...Two wrongs dont make it right.To compromise will never give us progress in Deen. As long as we allow compromising under 'he is the best' may Allah Ta'ala protect we will eventually lose the views we use to adhere so strictly.

Appendix:

Recent News in Turkey (page 8 -9)
Book Recommendations on Ottoman Empire (page 1)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 16:23
Türk Kızı wrote:
View original post

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Goodbyes are not good at all :(
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 16:36
Türk Kızı wrote:
View original post

Bismillah.

You only just joined a couple of weeks ago. Leaving so soon.

Thank you for informing us of the situation in Turkey.

Most of the members in this forum are from south Asia. That is India, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc.

WithIn those countries we have a deep love for Turkey and its people.
Maybe because of this Love people have been blinded to the destructive policies of Erdogan. He has been seen as someone who speaks for the Ummah against the Western countries. Whilst the Muslim leaders from the rest of the world have rarely done so.

May ALLAH bless the entire ummah with pious leadership. May ALLAH protect and preserve the Imaan of our coming generations .Ameen.

+0 -0Ameen x 6
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 17:17
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Respected Brother,

I have come to this forum to shed light and warn my brothers and sisters about realities in Turkey. Unfortunately we Turks are wrongly influencing non Turks who genuinely love us and know what we went through throughout. I have deep love and respect for Indian Subcontinent Muslims. When i look at Indian Subcontinent Muslims i feel a sense of belonging and feel as im part of them. I know how much my Indian Subcontinent brothers and sisters have love for us and how much they have been supporting us throughout history. I came so that i tell my brothers and sisters about the actual situation which no one is telling them. Nobody is telling them what Erdogan had done is doing. Non Turks are parroting basically what Turks are saying.

Yes im leaving soon because, i have explained everything which is necessary to understand current Turkey. The rest will be a repetition. As long as a person knows Neo-Ottomanism, they will understand everything. They will think twice about accepting any source from Turkey or even by anyone who is speaking about Turkey. The problem is Neo-Ottomanism on individual level isnt known. In my posts i tried to explain what Neo-ottomanism is all about in brief. This sinister ideology is sugar coated such that it is seen as something like returning back to the ways of our ancestors, Unfortunately! Those who read and know Turkey indepth are also caught up with this ideology due to seeing Erdogan's critics all the time who are seculars and some who are ultraseculars. My open message includes these people also.

Erdogan has been making alot of investment to media presentation. His previous media presentation policy was vague until he brought a man whose name is Fahrettin Altun. This man is the second strongest person in Turkey. He is responsible for beautifying Erdogan's image on media. His English is very well than average English speakers who are Turk. If Erdogan's popularity has increased in short time this man is one of the reasons along with army of political trolls.

What erdogan is doing today is no different than what UNCR doing. On one side they give caring image on the other hand they are assimilating Deeni views of genuine Muslims
+2 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 17:44
Quote:
Erdogan rulership may had given us certain rights which we fought before, but what did we lose in the end? The answer lies in Turkish society...Two wrongs dont make it right.To compromise will never give us progress in Deen. As long as we allow compromising under 'he is the best' may Allah Ta'ala protect we will eventually lose the views we use to adhere so strictly.

Your posts have been tremendously informative. But I have one question: who in your opinion is the perfect candidate from the available options to rule Turkey if not Erdogan?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 18:38
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Respected brother,

Unfortunately Turkey is seen as supporting the weak, I want to show everyone the hypocrisy of Turkey. This news is taken from Anadolu Ajansı (Pro government News outlet)

Turkey, China to Fight Propaganda

Date: 6 November 2019 (6 Months Later Erdogan went to China)

Turkey and China will fight propaganda spread through the media together, Turkey’s director of communications said on Wednesday.

According to a statement by the directorate, Fahrettin Altun received a delegation headed by Gao Jianmin, the deputy minister of China's National Radio and Television Administration.

During the meeting, Altun said: "We think Turkey and China should work in the new period in very close coordination on media and communications within the new cooperation philosophy."

Underlining that Turkey hoped for strong cooperation between the two "friendly countries" in the fields of media, communication and public diplomacy, Altun stressed the importance of sharing mutual experiences and producing concrete projects in these fields.

He underlined that both Turkey and China had been the target of international propaganda, adding: "We can fight this undue and adverse propaganda, particularly by conducting joint public diplomacy activities and media projects."

Pointing to both countries' breakthroughs in the television and movie industries, Altun praised Turkey's public broadcaster TRT for its contributions to the sector.

During the meeting, Gao Jianmin said: "We are ready to take concrete steps to further deepen the friendship between our countries as well as establish more effective communication and cooperation mechanisms."

Respected brothers and sister, i leave the judgement to you... What does this mean? For me it means Turkey has betrayed our Uygur brothers and sisters who are oppressed by China.
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 19:11
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Dearest sister,

This is very good question. Inshaallah i will answer this. It seems like i will have to delay my goodbye till end of Eid. If you have any questions please ask me.

To answer this question i will have to briefly explain options out there for Deendar Turks:

Erdogan (Justice and Development Party): Majority of Deendars support Erdogan because they feel, he is the best out there.

KaramollaoÄŸlu (Saadet Partisi - Felicity Party): He is the head of Erbakan's party (Erbakan's party had to change it's party name several times because his party was closed down, Felicity party became at last became successor party). KaramollaoÄŸlu has shifted from Erbakan's line. This party has been allying with secular parties. Felicity party is not the same party Erbakan left basically. a little minority votes for them because of love they have for Erbakan.

Huda-Par Party: I dont know this party in detail but they get support from Deenidars Southern East Anatolia. However this party gets hardly votes and most Kurds votes PKK's political offshot HDP.

New Prosperity Party (Yeniden Refah Partisi): This party is founded by Erbakan's son Fatih Erbakan after he and KaramollaoÄŸlu fell apart. This party is emerging according one person whom i know of who follows the activities of this party told me that "Fatih Erbakan is on rise. Erdogan stealed Hagia Sofia idea of Fatih Erbakan which he was campaigning throughout." I like to say Allahu Alam. Personally Fatih Erbakan's son is no where near his father. His father was really well respected politician. His critics acknowledged his intelligence and capabilities. Erbakan also had the support of the famous Awliya of the time. His son doesnt even have a beard. His son propagates Islam but attends to Tv program. His words dont match his actions basically. Erbakan didnt have beard also, Erbakan did Haram too. I myself personally dont understand why Awliya also supported him but all i can say is, Erbakan was the best out of all the candidates out there in those days because other three werent good at all (Other three parties were: ultranationalist party, secular party, capitalist party).

My Personal Opinion: I wouldnt support any of these options. I would rather want a new party that truly propagates Deen.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 20:21
Türk Kızı wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Erdogan stealed Hagia Sofia idea of Fatih Erbakan which he was campaigning throughout.

Lol this is funny!

Quote:
My Personal Opinion: I wouldnt support any of these options. I would rather want a new party that truly propagates Deen.

That too would be unIslamic and imperfect sister, since democracy is not the Islamic way of government.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 20:52
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Dearest sister

Im not fan of Fatih Erbakan. I personally think he is no where near his father.

Yes absolutely. This option is not good at all. In for Turkey, to find a real party who propagates Islam is impossible, this is in a way saying i wouldnt vote for any of these leaders (seculars are out of question.) I had said this based on current ruling principle (democracy). Otherwise may Allah Ta'ala bless us Shairat as ruling system and a true pious ruler. I miss early Ottoman days.

I want to clarify, i dont support democracy, i said my personal opinion based on current ruling system. Such change happens in the world in which we arent ruled by democracy anymore and that Shariat comes Inshaallah. May Allah Ta'ala bless us times we see Islam's rule over the world ameen ameen.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 21:19
Türk Kızı wrote:
View original post

Let's make hijrah to Afghanistan :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 21:31
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Inshaallah
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 21:34
Türk Kızı wrote:
View original post

Are you ready?

InshaAllah is a vague answer :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 21:58
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

This is not an vague answer rather very straight forward answer. Everything happens with the permission of Allah. Dont be proud over personal determination. It can change even in split second what matters is we make dua that Allah includes us with the righteous and takes us to Aghanistan or any proper country where He would be happy with us.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 22:05
Türk Kızı wrote:
View original post

You're right. But only du'a is not enough. We do not know our taqdeer so we need to take actions.

I was kidding about the Afghanistan part btw :D why would I ask you to make hijrah to Afghanistan, that's crazy!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2020 22:31
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

We first make dua and then take a step trying our best. I dont mean to say make dua but sit down.

Whether its Afghanistan whether its US, anywhere a person can live their Deen is better than elsewhere. If you cant live your Deen, its better to migrate to a city or country if you have means to do so. Whichever country you can live your Deen is the best. I can tell you, in non-Muslim countries like UK, South Africa are the best place to live Deen than Muslim countries. Its so sad that Turkey despite being a MUSLIM country, it does not even have moon sightening system, you cant open a madrasa under legal licence, you dont have authetic Ulama whom you can seek assistance from, you just recently have a Halal certifier who is yet emerging. What about those years we Turks put Haram morsal without our knowledge? To live in South Africa UK Canada, Pakistan (if Afghanistan is truly Deeni) is better than living in Turkey.
+0 -0Agree x 2