Respected brothers and sisters,
For the past days, i had been discussing about Turkey in detail. I tried to answer questions on Turkey in the best of my abilities as they are many things i personally do not know myself. If i had been rude to anyone, i ask your forgiveness.
Türk Kızı will not be active anymore because i have explained everything necessary to understand the situation of Turkey. Any news that comes out from Turkey will be repetition to what i have written earlier. To refer to my posts, i will write their forum post title and page numbers where you can read my arguments Inshaallah.
My final message will be an open letter Turk and Non Turk supporters of Erdogan:
اَلسَّلاَ مُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَا تُهُ
Dear Turk and Non Turk supporters of Erdogan
Turkey has went through so much. The word 'So much' or any other English word to explain the oppression Kemalist regime had done would not do justice. They wanted to destroy Islam and resorted to every means to achieve their objectives. They have burtally oppressed us and deprived us from our fundamental right of learning our Deen - Islam. Adhan Turkified, Quran courses were raided, Ulama was hanged, a country become illiterate in just one day, banned from keeping beard and wearing hijab in public space. To this extend you couldnt pray Salah on public space (military, hospitals etc.) Even today many families are experiencing 21 century version of brutal Kemalism in their lives. May Allah Ta'ala assist and help them. May Allah Ta'ala protect them and give them strength.
You are aware what we have went through throughout for many years. You are also aware what we did to gain our rights which was taken from us. You saw how we stood up and struggled against kemalism. We tried everything with our little efforts to select a someone who was open to Islam. Erdogan may had gave us want we struggled thoroughout many years. We were able to wear hijab in public, pray Salah on work - but what happened to us?
- Did we progress further?
- Did we become fully inclined towards Deen even after we were able to practice Deen easier than before?
- Did we open up proper madrasas or did we raise Turkish Alims in modernist universities which its sole aim was to modernize Islam?
- Did our youth become more modernist?
- Do we have 21 century Alims who are taken as authetic? or when one look to Turkey all they see is 'modernist Turks'
The answer you know better....
Erdogan may had gave us what we struggled for but did Erdogan himself had the same mindset like us in reality?
- Wasnt he the one who said 'Islam needs to be upgraded (rulings taken by İjtihad can be re-interpreated'?
- Wasnt he the one who cleaned his hands on Mavi Marmara incident and said Israel needs us we need Israel?
- Wasnt he the one who said 'we (alawites and Muslims) are two views of same Deen?
- Wasnt he the one who said' i have removed National View (Erbakan's view) jacket from myself'
- Didnt Erbakan himself said, "supporting Erdogan is supporting Israel?
- Wasnt he the one who had been promoting 'modern Islam' throughout his leadership?
- Wasnt he the one who put many poor people to interest based debt and forced women to come out of homes?
- Wasnt he the one who signed Istanbul Agreement? The same agreement which destroyed our family structure under EU process?
- Wasnt he the one who called alawite shia asad as Kardeşim (brother) esad?
- Isnt his daughter in one of the ruling mechanism of a organization that promotes feminism to practicing Turkish women?
- Isnt it the same organization who is against coming out from Istanbul Agreement?
- Do you accept that still Islamic faculties produce modern Alims and that Ottoman history is still writen by academicians?
- Does our youth go to madrasas? Or they have to go to Imam Hatips which is modern so called Islamic school?
- Can you open true madrasa under madrasa liences?
- Why historical Darul Hadith madrasa in Suleymaniyya Complex opened as a Islamic faculty of a university? This is Waqt property.
- Why Hagia Sofia's mosaics arent covered despite being converted to a masjid?
You dont need to answer openly, you can answer these questions yourself.
Erdogan rulership may had given us certain rights which we fought before, but what did we lose in the end? The answer lies in Turkish society...Two wrongs dont make it right.To compromise will never give us progress in Deen. As long as we allow compromising under 'he is the best' may Allah Ta'ala protect we will eventually lose the views we use to adhere so strictly.
Recent News in Turkey (page 8 -9)
Book Recommendations on Ottoman Empire (page 1)