Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

halal pizza places

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 05:02
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

the cheese thing is no longer an issue for me I asked some local brothers who had researched it and I found out which spots cheese is good and not. my question was why is it that many deobandi ulama take the stricter opinion even when there is an easier option. for example you mentioned the cheese thing but many deobandi ulama that I have interacted with seem to follow the opinion the animal must be slaughter according to shariah. Also for example shrimp many deobandi ulama say you cant eat shrimp where other hanafi ulama say shrimp is ok. so why is it that the deobandi ulama usually take the stricter opinion?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 06:40
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I understand, dear brother.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 06:42
For those living in the United States, take a look at this fatwa on the rennet issue. The fatwa is approved by Shaykh Amin Kholwadia (HA), who is the student of Allama Khalid Mahmud (RA) and Allama sahab (RA) had highly praised this student of his on account of his knowledge.

darulqasim.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Rennet-Final.pdf
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 06:53
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

if this is true than does that mean that cheetoes and doritos are halal because scholars told me its haram and on islamqa.org they were saying that doritos are haram.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 10:13
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 10:52
yamanemati wrote:
View original post

Step 2:

The issue has nothing to do with stricter or softer opinion. It has to do with evidence which a Scholar deems authentic and background research on the topic.

This stricter/softer divide is being created by members on this forum and then they have elevated following "stricter" opinion in their unqualified opinion to having "Taqwa".

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Respectfully, disagree with Mufti Faisal Saheb (HA) on this piece as stated to him on many occasions. Islam has never given these rights to "laymen"

A random Internet poster "bint e aisha" is no position and not qualified enough to comment on:

1. Taqwa of Shaykhul-Islam Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA)
  2. "academically well-read and engrossed in research" of Shaykhul-Islam Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA)

You have every right not to make Taqleed of his opinion but you do not have the right in Islam or Academically to take cheap potshots on Shaykhul-Islam Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA)

And if you are qualified enough to comment on 2 then you are not a "laymen". Its simple common sense.

There is no basis in Islam for a lot of what Mufti Faisal has written, it is his South African background speaking. This is all the article needs to say:

Quote:
a layman should find one muftī that he completely trusts with his heart and always stick to asking him

P.S: Much of the article is devoid of any evidence from the Qur'aan and Sunnah

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 11:15
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Quote:
A random Internet poster "bint e aisha" is no position and not qualified enough to comment on:

Taqwa of Shaykhul-Islam Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA)
"academically well-read and engrossed in research" of Shaykhul-Islam Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA)

You have every right not to make Taqleed of his opinion but you do not have the right in Islam or Academically to take cheap potshots on Shaykhul-Islam Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA)

Once again I'm telling you that you are misinterpreting and misrepresenting my words and this is not what I have said at all. For the third time, what I'm saying is that it is better to follow cautious views in all matters but if someone else does not then we cannot make comments that they lack taqwa etc.

Even Mufti Taqi Usmani HA himself concurred that abstention is better, so I don't understand what is the issue and why it is being dragged further.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 11:23
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

For the second time you are quoting an older Fatwa of Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA), the latest Fatwa for Western Muslims does not equate this issue to "Taqwa" at all. All the details have been given to you from earlier responses but you keep on insisting

You are bringing Taqwa angle into it by quoting old and irrelevant Fatwa to someone in California.

Secondly, this is the article which you quoted:

www.qafila.org/a-general-guideline-in-finding-the-right-m...

Quote:
To choose this muftī, he should make sure that the muftī is academically well-read and engrossed in research enough to give him all the answers.

Tell me:

1. Do you consider yourself qualified enough to judge whether Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) fulfils this criteria?
  2. If so, how can you be a layman?

It is utterly ridiculous to place a condition for the layman to judge whether a "Mufti" is well read and well researched, it makes no sense.

In dead simple terms, "I am not a Surgeon so how would I know if I my surgeon is well read and well researched?"

I know that you get it
but won't admit that this makes no sense!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 11:41
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

1. Please do not get angry after reading what I am writing below.

2. If you're interested in this matter, you may call Mufti Taqi Usmani HA and confirm whether abstention from rennet extracted from animals which are not Islamically slaughtered is BETTER or not. Do inform us of the answer, we would all appreciate.

3. I'm a layperson and even as a layperson after listening to Mufti Taqi Usmani's bayanat, reading his books, his fatawa etc. I can safely conclude that he is a well read and a well researched Mufti. He is not called Shaykhul Islam for no reason.

4. I do know Ulama from Indo-Pak who are not well read and well researched because I know that if I ask them even about simple matters, they will have to refer back to their kitaabs to answer.

5. Therefore I can appreciate and follow the advice of Mufti Faisal al Mahmudi:

"To choose this muftī, he should make sure that the muftī is academically well-read and engrossed in research enough to give him all the answers."
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 11:47
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Don't get personal and insulting!

You have already been informed of the answer and contact number to confirm. You are still insisting on imposing your views on others. In fact, you are arrogant enough to hint and suggest that Shaf'aes etc should not consume Shrimp due to "Hanafi Madhab", in your head Shaf'aes lack Taqwa while you (as Hanafi) are at the zenith of Taqwa.

Quote:
I'm a layperson and even as a layperson after listening to Mufti Taqi Usmani's bayanat, reading his books, his fatawa etc. I can safely conclude that he is a well read and a well researched Mufti. He is not called Shaykhul Islam for no reason.

By that standard Javed Ghamdi is "well read by others, do you at least concede that it is your "subjective analysis" and the same "subjective analysis" will lead someone to think that the same about Javed Ghamdi??? For others "Engineer Ali Mirza" fits the bill.

As I said, you know very well and you understand fully well why this "subjective analysis" of judging Muftees is non-sense but you will never admit it although Islam does not impose any such thing on layman...You are sitting in Pakistan and imposing "South African cults" on Muslims but unable to back it from the Qur'aan and Sunnah.

The arrogance of hinting that Shaf'aes shouldn't eat Shrimps due to "Taqwa" :)
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 11:53
Correct Answer:

We trust Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) because other contemporary Ulama have expressed their trust in him and other contemporary Ulama have not expressed their trust in Javed Ghamdi or Engineer Ali Mirza

The arrogance of random Internet posters:

Quote:
I'm a layperson and even as a layperson after listening to Mufti Taqi Usmani's bayanat, reading his books, his fatawa etc. I can safely conclude that he is a well read and a well researched Mufti. He is not called Shaykhul Islam for no reason.

I...I...I

I am in a position to judge "Shaykhul-Islam" because I can "Google" and I can "read" and I can "judge"...

This is what "South Africans" have done to Taqleed.

The ability to judge Ulama has been placed in the hands of "kids with Internet connection".

The grave error with this position is that followers of Javed Ghamdi and Engineer Ali Mirza can make the same argument!

Make sure to share this with Mufti Faisal Saheb (HA) about the damage this is creating...

I can judge
why Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) is a Shaykhul-Islam...

+2 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 11:59
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I cannot make you understand that I am neither getting personal nor insulted anyone, nonetheless let me once again reiterate that I have never called myself muttaqi or considered anyone else (like Shaf'iees) to be lacking in taqwa.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 12:25
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

ok, lets draw a line, I apologise and lets have an Academic debate.

I am Sorry let me give you a chance to explain your position.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 12:38
Colonel Sahab is, as always, way ahead of us. He takes our statements to their logical conclusions, and we are unable to think that far. We are one lifetime's worth of experience less than our dear Colonel Sahab.

Brother Muslimman displayed exemplary maturity by stepping down and adopting silence in deference to our dear elder.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2020 12:43
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

I am not ahead of anyone and there is no such thing as someone being automatically right just because they are older. I am merely pointing out the devastation this "principle" can cause.

www.qafila.org/a-general-guideline-in-finding-the-right-m...

Quote:
To choose this muftī, he should make sure that the muftī is academically well-read and engrossed in research enough to give him all the answers.

According to this principle laymen think that Dr Zakir Naik and Engineer Ali Mirza are Shaykhul-Islam according to their personal analysis and opinion they would be correct.

Islam has never placed this in the hands of the "layman"
+0 -0Agree x 1

Jump to page: