Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

halal pizza places

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd August 2020 11:16
But I am not sure if the modern PROCESS of obtaining the rennet from non halal slaughtered animals affects the halal status of the cheese. Hardly any standard hanafi fatwas comment on that. I have only seen that mentioned as being problematic in one fatwa.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd August 2020 11:25
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

From what i understand, pepsin is component of rennet, so the source of the rennet used in making cheese would be the source of the pepsin.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd August 2020 11:28
In adult Pigs the Predominant form of Gastric Protease is derived from Pepsin A.

Science Direct.com.

Essentially Pigs have large quantities of Pepsin in their stomachs. Hence the reason for the commercial form being derived from them.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd August 2020 11:36
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Google the following and you will have your answer.

"Pepsin vs Rennet In Cheese Making."
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd August 2020 11:49
View original post

The primary result that states pepsin replaced rennet in cheese making is from a paper from 1919.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd August 2020 11:51
View original post

Dead common and simple issue in America and millions of Muslims navigate it easily.

1. Pepsin isn't commonly used due to price point and as I stated CHY-MAX supplies many major chains and Franchises can be asked and they will respond and Franchises have an "America-wide" policy of procurement
  2. Vegetarian and Vegan wave is now common in America and increasingly people ask for such choices, the latest fad is "Meat Free Burgers" and in most major cities in America I found grocery shops stocking "Beyond Meat". In our own city in the deep south, Burger King and Macdonald have meat free options.
  3. In Pizza, its easy to ask for "Vegetarian Cheese" and explain what you mean, they call in the Manager and the question can be answered. Muslims then mark these stores and information is shared and families order or eat from specific stores. There is no such thing as "Hanafi" etc in America expect in the minds of some people, most American mark stores and products as "Halal" .
  4. In bigger cities there are many Muslim owned businesses

The issue becomes when you detach yourself from your country/society and ask unusual questions which are foreign to the society in which you operate, two examples:

1. Asking for or looking for Kosher products in UK is an unusual question in most settings, the alternative is to look for "Suitable for Vegetarian" and then further question.
  2. Asking for "Suitable for Vegetarian" in America outside "posh circles" will get you a blank look as this isn't a term so in commercial super markets you start with "Kosher" and further your research. In restaurants you say "I don't eat meat" and they go O...Sure let me check it for you because it is something they are very familiar with specially the younger Americans (likely to be serving you) because it is vogue

The most important question before even asking about "Halal" is where do you like and then "how to ask" instead of Madhabs and xyz...

The reason you don't bring the Madhab debate into this is because most Americans don't have a problem with "Cheese" because of two reasons:

1. They follow the evidence of Sahabah (RA) that cheese is cheese is Halal
  2. Many Deobandi Ulama follow Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) and also believe that cheese is Halal except if the ingredients comes from "Pork"

Once again, here you have someone who is importing issues from other cultures and opinions into their lands and then debating on the merits of "differences of opinion" among Ulama on a forum and creating a problem where none exists.

If someone disagrees with "rennet" opinion, easy to avoid in America, look for "Vegetarian Cheese" and explain your reasons to Americans in an American way so they comprehend and problems solved in less then a minute.

You have to understand that the "Deobandees" a bubble in America who operate within a few families outside of major cities where it is few Mosques and few communities (at best)

P.S: Replace "Deobandi" with "Hanafi" which is followed by some Sufees religiously and the rest of the post still stands...Operate in your setting with local know-how and you can also follow your Madhab and there are no issues
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 7th August 2020 21:56
07AUG2020: Shaykhul-Islam Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA)

I have confirmed with Mufti Ali Munir that according to Mufti Saheb Rennet and Whey from all non-pork sources are permissible regardless of whether the animal is slaughtered Islamically or not in the Hanafi Madhab.

I wanted to make sure that Hazrat (HA) is still of the same opinion and it has been confirmed.

Source: Mufti Ali Munir and you can join his WhatsApp group by sending a message on +923335436984

P.S: I understand that other Hanafi Ulama may not be of this opinion and may disagree. People can fight it out among themselves and throw Mufti Taqi Usmani Saheb (HA) off the Hanafi Madhab or Deobandi'ism or accuse him of lacking Taqwa or whatever...

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 9th August 2020 03:59
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2020 11:19
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

1. since this is true than why does it seem like many deobandi scholars dont agree with it?

2. also many times I have noticed that deobandi scholars seem to take the most strict opinion even if there is an easier option? why is this, I follow the deobandi way because they do really good in most things but the one thing that bothers me soemtimes is they usually take the stricter opinion even if an easir option is avaliabe like for example this whole cheese issue. I never understood why they do this.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2020 11:22
yamanemati wrote:
View original post

Taqwa
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2020 09:58
As predicted in my answer...
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2020 09:59
yamanemati wrote:
View original post

Are you genuinely asking or satisfying some desire of yours?
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2020 19:08
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I am genuinely asking
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2020 20:26
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

It depends on the particular issue at hand and how strictness is defined. Sticking to a "stricter" opinion doesn't necessarily entail more taqwa.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2020 20:27
yamanemati wrote:
View original post

Regarding the cheese issue, many deobandi scholars where? In a particular country or online?

Jump to page: