Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Book recommendations on the Ottoman Empire

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 4th August 2020 15:18
Jinn wrote:
View original post

As salam alaykum
Welcome back, brother. Long time no see.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 4th August 2020 18:08
Jinn wrote:
View original post

اَلسَّلاَ مُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَا تُهُ

This book is not related to Ottomans brother even if the books touches about it. However i dont mean to say, this book cannot be read. This book explains in brief the previous Turkish Islamic struggle - what had happened, what were the reasons, process from the view of Turkish Ulama. Today as i mentioned, Islamic struggle which was previously there is not so much there anymore and this book is not enough to understand Turkey's current situation for several reasons:

• Imam Hatips have changed tremendously - Imam Hatip graduate can go to any faculty.
  • Gul and Erdogan have fallen apart. Gul's discourse has changed after he has fallen with Erdogan.
  • Erdogan is supportive of TV series that are 'Islamic' series - Ertugrul is an example.
  • Erdogan himself openly said in 2018 "Islam needs to be upgraded (the word 'upgraded' erdogan meant was re-intepreating those views that were accepted by İjtihad. This is still problematic because, as a layman Muslim how can i trust such Ulama whose Islamic background goes to modernist faculties?)." This statement was said against an Alim whose words had become viral on the internet. He was wrongly accused of speaking ill of women. His words was taken out of context.
  • Fatih where Ismailaga is strong has voted secular Imamoğlu in Istanbul elections. Potential voters for Erdogan like Eyüp, Üsküdar also voted Imamoğlu in Istanbul elections. You can justify Fatih how can you justisfy Eyüp and Üsküdar.
  • Ismailaga has also changed to certain degree - This is not the place to discuss them, i want to personally discuss this with them than to openly mention it.

I have also personal objections to certain statements of Mufti Sahab. But i should personally send a mail instead of writing here. Definetly Mufti Sahab is hinting (he isnt saying in a way i have been saying) which i had been trying to say there is a need for us Turks to study under foreign Ulama.
report post quote code quick quote reply