Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Mufti Saeed Ahmed Palanpuri (rh)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 02:47
‎إِنَّا لِلّٰهِ وَإِنَّا اِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُوْنَ

I have just been informed of the passing away of Mufti Saeed Ahmed Palanpuri.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 02:49
Inna lillahe wa Inna alaihe rajioun.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 03:03
Loading tweet
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 03:07
إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ‎

Shaikh Mufti Saeed Ahmed Palunpuri (DB) was a great Muhaddith, Mufassir and Faqih of this era. He was the Shaikhul Hadith of Darul Uloom Deoband (one of the Muslim world’s most famous and prestigious seminary founded in 1866). He had been teaching Hadith for more than 50 years, lecturing in the Darul Uloom for over 45 years. He was known throughout the world for his discourses and deliberations on the Sunan of Imam Tirmidhi (R.A) and the Sahih of Imam Bukhari (R.A). An average of over a thousand students attend his classes daily. He was widely regarded as being one of the most knowledgeable Hadith scholars of the Muslim world. His famous works included the five volume commentary on Shah Waliyullah Muhaddith Dehlawi’s “Hujjatullah al-Balighah”, called “Rahmatullah al-Waasi'ah”, with each volume extending over 850 pages and the commentary on the Sunan of Imam Tirmidhi (R.A), called "Tuhfatul Alma’i".
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 03:10
Loading tweet
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 03:14
Mufti Saeed Ahmed Palanpuri (r.h)

Mufti Sahab was born in 1942 according to Islamic year 1362 Hijri. His native place is village Kaleda district Banas Kaantha (Gujarat). His parents named him ’Ahmad’. But when he took admission in Mazahe-re-Ulum, ‘Saharanpur’ for getting education he registered his name as “Saeed Ahmad” which after become his name a famous and household name.

His ‘Bismillah’ ritual was practiced by his father and he completed his ‘Nazra and Deeniyat’ education in his native place. After that he headed to ‘Dar-ul-Ulum’ ‘CHAAPI’ where his maternal uncle ‘Moulana Abdur Rehman’ was the teacher. He (Saeed Ahmad) learned ‘Farsi language and its books’ for six months and then took admission in 'Moulana Nazeer Ahmad Sahab Palanpuri’s’ Madrasa. Mohammad Akbar Miyan Palanpuri and Moulana Hashim Sahab Bukhari are among his teachers.

In 1377 Hijri he took admission in ‘Mazahir-e-Ulum at ‘Saharanpur’, where he learnt the books of ‘Nahu’, logic and philosophy. But to acquaint himself and fulfill his desire of learning books of Hadith’s he took admission in ‘Dar-ul-Ulum’ Deoband (In 1380 Hijri). Despite of Ilm, Hadith and Fiqaa-w-tafseer. He learnt different books based on different skills.

In 1382 Hijri, 1962 he competed his ‘Hadith Sharif’ syllabus and completed his course, scoring very good marks in his annual exam. Next year in 1382 (1962) , he took admission in ‘Iftaah’ course, after completing ‘Iftaah’ in 1384 he was appointed as ‘Aliya grade teacher ‘ and served till 1393 hijri.

Hazrat Moulana ‘Manzoor Nomani’ recommended his name for ‘Dar-ul-Ulum and he was selected as a teacher. He had been teaching Bukhari Shareef and ‘Tirmizee Sharif for many years . He was distinctive in his teaching. He was not only a Successful teacher but also a good author. He had written and published 30 to 35 books till date.
Among these books ‘Alunu-l-Kabeer , Sharah Fouz-ul-Kabeer and Hashiya Imdad-ulFtawah, Hujjat-ul-Baligah in Urdu named Rahmat-ul-Waseaha is one of the great achievement to which in the world of education he will be remembered as ‘Shining Star’.

May Almighty Allah bless the whole world with the achievement of his thought and the great effort of Dar-ul-Ulum.
+1 -0Ameen x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 03:34
Been listening to him for past few years. Looked forward to listening his bayans live online when he came to London in ramadhan and recordings when he went to canada for ramadhan. This year due to lockdown he was doing it from home in india after taraweeh.
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 03:45
I had the privilege of sitting in his lectures every Ramadhan (almost) at Masjid e Quba, London. I was a young teen back then.

I would sometimes sit and record his lectures on a Walkman at the Masjid after Taraweeh. This must've been during the 80's

Last I heard him in person was in my local Masjid in London where he gave a lecture on the day of Eid 2019.

Prior to that, he had spent the month at my old mosque at Masjid e Quba, London.

A legend!
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 03:48
السلام عليكم

إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ‎

Very sad news.
May Allaah grant him Jannatul Firdaus, Ameen!

Many of his lectures are available here:
www.talksofdeen.com/saeed.html

السلام عليكم
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 04:11
SubhanAllah

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raajioun

Indeed a loss of a very learned man.
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 14:32
+1 -0
Rank Image
India
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 14:56
إنَّا لله وإنا إليه راجعون،

إن العين تدمع والقلب يحزن، ولا نقول إلا ما يرضی ربنا، وإنا بفراقك يا أبانا لمحزونون

+1 -0
Rank Image
India
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 15:06
Rajab wrote:
View original post

May Allah give ummah a neamul badal of hazrath. He was known for ilmi Majalis. A dars like bayan, I could recall his bayan heard long time back. This is because of his dars like sessions.

His jokes to explain things.
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 15:49
I member Hazrath was against any "Taziathi Majlis", condolence meeting on passing away of a scholar.

He was against practice of "standing and one minute silence for the dead" on passing away of some one.
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2020 16:31
No post ratings