Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Modi Shah have undone 25 years of Indo Pak dehyphenation

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2020 04:29
The speaker is a liberal Indian political analyst. He says Bangladesh progressed rapidly when it abandoned Islamism for secularism. He says the present Indian government is making the same mistake that Bangladesh made of trying to drive a country based on ideology. He says this is what was holding back Bangladesh and this is what is holding back Pakistan.

Halalified YouTube Audio

https://youtu.be/Onafa3kLV1I
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2020 05:55
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

The link didn't work for me, but he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about if he thinks Pakistan is Islamicised. Nearly all the Pakistan elite are secularists.
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2020 06:25
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

I guess that is where part of the problem lies. Many in the ruling elite do not support the ideological basis for the creation of Pakistan. Turkey on the other hand has been able to populate its ruling elite with many supporters of Islam. India, to its detriment has succeeded in populating the ruling elite with ideologically driven hindutva supporters.

Also, how accurate is his assessment that Bangladesh was able to progress quickly once it abandoned it's vestigial Islamic ideology inherited from Pakistan and embraced secularism?

PS: trying to fix link in OP.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2020 12:31
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

Not true at all from decades of personal observation and experience. Jackasses like Parvaiz Hoodboy are a minority. Maleha Hashmey is upper-class, university educated, articulate, professional and elite...She has no Hijab, filled with Makeup but does she sound like a "Liberal"? She (and others like her) have continuously rallied against Homosexuality and liberalism

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-kt9dt7Q5M

Here is Siddique Jan who is one of the most prominent up and coming Youtube Journalists destroying Liberalism...He has videos jamming on "Qawwali" so not an Islamist by any angle.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYnCjkMuR1E

There is a difference between being overtly compliant with Sunnah (and may Allah Ta'ala give us all the ability, Ameen) and not Islamically inclined or motivated by Islam.

Pakistan would not have won the war on Terror by sacrificing thousands if there was no Islam in the elite.

I know that certain Pakistani members on this forum are dismayed by Media (and should be) but I am not overly concerned to be honest. These guys are not Deobandees and not following "Deobandi" model BUT may Allah Ta'ala give them ability to follow Sunnah (openly) Ameen.

People of Bangaldesh are also Pro-Islam and Pro-Pakistan too.

At this time, I am not too concerned about either Pakistan or Bangladesh.