Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Vilification of real scholars

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 20th March 2020 15:49
Recently some people had a dig at some academic and spiritual powerhouses. I felt these digs were more out of an inner hatred, rather than an actual attempt of trying to understand the position.

There was no attempt at looking at things as a matter of difference of opinion neither did they have any husn ud dhann. The two things these types of people scream and shout about whenever they try to defend themselves.

Along with this, one of the members of this new age cult started to blast the traditional madrasah system.

This type of thinking is filtering into the UK. The recent (uk) graduates are making their websites and taking pictures and spreading their ideas through social media. They are graduates of traditional darul ulooms and covertly mocking their elders and teachers. As soon as their guides in America make some noise, it seems to light up their minds to do the same.

I am not qualified to speak on these matters,I am not emotionally mature enough nor do I have the backing of my elders when I write this. But I feel something is needed to show how these people work. A spotlight on each tweet, post or video with a balanced look. I am sure people will see their true colours.

Below is the second fatwa released my mufti Yusuf shabbir. This is an update on their stance about masjids staying open or closing during these times of the coronavirus. Mufti sahib clarifies that they considered many factors such as schools remaining open. Also, they mention that they consulted with public health officials when they made there initial statement, something which people from the new age cult movement assumed the respected ulama did not do.

This seems like the beginning, if they are not countered this could become some official movement. This new age cult needs to be stopped.

islamicportal.co.uk/masjids-limiting-congregational-salah...

report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 20th March 2020 18:03
They are just a vocal minority with no grassroot standing. I say to them, bring your worst but we don't give a damn. Deobandis control 40% of the masajid in the UK whereas the only thing you have in control is your social media IDs.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 20th March 2020 19:00
Before this outbreak i was contemplating making a post on the topic of the faults of the DU system and the fact that many graduates from many famous DU lack knowledge and understanding of many issues. The danger is that we then rely on such graduates to teach and lecture us, and make decisons on our behalf.

NOTE:
This has been my observation and experience over the years and particularly when personally discussing one particular topic with many of them. I am not saying there arent many brilliant DU graduates who do great things for the community, and I benefit from many of them online. But in the real world what i see and encounter is a serious issue that needs correcting.

And to be fair everyone can forget some of what they learnt nor does everyone keep up to date with the latest information. The problem is the attitude I encountered with many of the DU graduates (and people in genral) when trying to correct them politely or explain something new to them. Many of them go on the defensive and immediately argue without digesting the points, and much of what they argue is factually incorrect. It would be better for them to say they will double check the facts and get back to me rather that continue arguing rulings and making statements that are factually incorrect.

For e.g in the course of a discussion with mature DU grad, he brought up the issue of the additional adhan for Juma to prove a point, but he kept insisting that Umar R.a. is the one who introduced the additional adhan, even after i repeatedly corrected him and said to him lets verify when we go home. He insisted there was no need to verify.

Another one arguing emotinally against me said that he heard from a famous Mufti that women only went to Eid to see the Prophet salalahu alayhi wasalam. When i asked him if that is so then why did Imam Abu Hanaifa and his students allow old women to go Eid if it was abrogated? He then said he didnt know that they allowed old women but no hanafi masjid follows that now.

I once told senior maulana that i have read from our Ulama that the hadith his guest speaker quoted was fabricated. The Maulana wasnt interested and argued that the guest gave his reference so it was no issue. Guess what the reference was? The Mathnawi of Maulana Rumi!

I have seen some of their own DU colleagues now criticising them over this incident that is occuring and how it is being handled, and others have made points along the line of the following:

"Let's be honest the problem isn't about the sudden "irrationality" of certain muslim groups in opening mosques. We've been brewing this for decades and letting it pass under irrelevant smaller issues. This was the outcome of a primordial disease that eventually came to bite us.

- then you know what the problem was. People get highly insecure and start accusing this as a degradation of madrassas and praise of the intellectual west. Madrassas were and can be amazing. The west has it's good and bad sides. Why the insecurity?"

Taken from Twitter

Please note The point of my post is not whether masjids should be closed at this present time in every town and country. That is another discussion.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 20th March 2020 19:20

eastmidlands wrote:
View original post

Concerned wrote:
View original post

www.wifaqululama.co.uk/covid19/

The update table at the bottom should answer many questions about Ulama not continuously evaluating the guidance and reevaluating their stance as per principles of Islamic Shariah.

+2 -0Like x 2