You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
In Need of Teaching, abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 21st March 2020 16:28
Just to add to the previous post that a significant portion of non-Muslims are looking for a viable alternative to this post modern atheistic, western culture. Which has essentially taken worship away from God and directed it towards man and his insatiable desires.

Quote:
Anas bin Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “If the son of Adam had a valley full of gold, he would want to have two valleys. Nothing fills his mouth but the dust of the grave, yet Allah will relent to whoever repents to him.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 6075, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1048

Nowadays more and more Muslims are conforming to Western stereotypes, perhaps to seek approvals, but Islam is the ideal and if a small proportion of Muslims could do the religion of Allah سبحانه وتعالى justice , then it would be them conforming to our ideals.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 21st March 2020 16:40
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

Just to be clear, I'm not advocating that we conform to the sinful/bad actions among westerners.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 21st March 2020 19:22
In Need of Teaching wrote:
View original post

There are ways of "correcting" without being hateful. But I can understand why you would think of hateful ways, given where you live.

The best thing a Muslim can do is forget about whether a society accepts him or not and just grasp onto the Sunnah way of living very firmly. Elders of tabligh usually tell us that even when you are out in the path of Allah, it's not your words, not your speeches that will bring people to Islam, rather it will be your way of living every day life i.e. the Sunnah way. That is how the Sahaba influenced non-Muslims into converting and that is the reports even these days of jamaat that are out in the path of Allah in non-Muslim countries.
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 4th April 2020 22:10
Christianity is not a non existent faith, you dont know what Christianity is all about and the Christianity practiced in the West is very different from the ancient faith.
As muslims you dont like to be judged as a whole as terrorists just because the majority of terrorists are muslim, same goes for Christianity, as long as you dont know anything about it, how can you judge the faith and the believers as a whole?
Dont make the mistake of confusing liberal/ progressive people with Christians.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2020 07:41
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

I have not read the thread.

But there are a few things that in my view fall in line with the theme here. Particularly:

Quote:
.... I meant those who compromise their Deen in front of the non-Muslims so that they will be accepted in today's society. Compromising their Deen and beliefs ....

I sort of have spent all of my life in doing that.

To look secular in the eyes of non-Muslims is among the biggest drains of energy.

I never thought that to accept or reject me was a task that was best left to them.

And compound it to the additional worries of looking acceptable to other fellow Muslims.

"Who is this Mullah Maripat?", asked my university's second top most man. Why? A: I had a very serious show down with the top man and this second top man was there at the moment.

The top man happened to be an earlier deputy chief of Indian army and his deputy in the university was a former brigadier.

Earlier I had stopped wearing Sherwani to look acceptable to my own fellow Muslims.

"Do not go at his looks, he is a competent man," that is how one of my mentors used to introduce me in to the people of his considerably vast circle. He meant that a man in a Sherwani has a lot to be desired.
+4 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2020 14:25
Maripat wrote:
View original post

How soon people forget. Most of the Muslim intelligentsia pre partition were the sherwani clad gentlemen.
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 5th April 2020 18:12
ICXCNIKA wrote:
View original post

Indeed i did generalise, but Christianity in the more progressive Western nations, has been brought to its knees. It has compromised its principles, in a desperate attempt to appease the masses, but inadvertently diluted to such an extent where it is no longer relevant as a faith and is barely visible in our day to day lives. If Muslims don't take heed, we too will follow suit, if the modernist have their way.

Quote:
“In 2018, far-right terrorist attacks accounted for 17.2% of terrorist incidents in the West. By contrast, attacks by Islamist groups accounted for 6.8% of attacks, and attacks not attributed to any group accounted for 62.8% of incidents in the West,” the report has found.

Your assumption about majority of terrorist being Muslims is also wrong. Here's a list of just a few recent incidents.

• Germany shooting: far-right gunman kills 10 in Hanau.
  • Pittsburgh synagogue shooting; 11 killed.
  • Christchurch shootings; 51killed.
The list is endless anf when the likes of Anders Breivik decided to kill 76 children in his manifesto he stated, ""I am first and foremost a man of logic. However, I am a supporter of a monocultural Christian Europe."

+2 -0Like x 1