Topic Appreciation
bigbrand
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2020 22:27

muslimman wrote:
View original post

Yes, some cases but all came to the Sunnah at an older age and on their own.  In all cases, the women are good (people) but not geared to Islam.

After looking at many families in Europe, US and Americas I strongly strongly discourse marrying Non-Muslim women unless you want to gamble with the Eemaan of your children.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2020 23:21
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.
Safeguarding the Imaan of one's children is hard enough living in the West anyway let alone when their mother is a non-Muslim.
What to say of children, even one's own Imaan and Amaal are not easy to protect, wife or no wife.

I was, and am still interested in cases where children actually grow up Muslim with a Christian mother.Let's see if someone has anything to share.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2020 23:56
muslimman wrote:
View original post

One of the people I know married a Christian. His children have been raised Muslim, go to the madrassah after school and have been more or less been raised as British Pakistanis. In terms of their deen, it is no worse or better than most muslim children in my small town.

I'm not sure if she's has converted to Islam, as there's no external indication of her faith and I have never asked the husband. Her oldest son is 16, therefore even if she has converted, she raised her children whilst she was Christian. The husband keeps fasts, eats halal meat, but like most doesn't pray the regular prayers.

I don't know why your so intrigued by this question. It's really a very simple answer. If you like gambling with your iman or having it handicapped then go ahead.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2020 00:00
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

This is a misunderstanding of the Shafi position,

https://seekersguidance.org/answers/hanafi-fiqh/the-issue-of-halal-meat-a-detailed-article/

Quote:
This is the ruling according to the majority of the jurists. It is usually related from Imam Shafi’i (Allah be pleased with him) that the animal will be Halal even in the situation of leaving pronouncing the name of Allah intentionally, and to recite the name of Allah is merely a Sunnah. However, my respected teacher, Shaykh Mufti Taqi Usmani (Allah preserve him) argues (after giving proofs from the extensive works of the Shafi’i school) that, this is only when it occurs infrequently. If a habit is made of leaving pronouncing the name of Allah due to negligence and taking the matter lightly, it will not be permissible according to the Shafi’i school also.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2020 09:44

Intrepid wrote:
View original post

Can you be a little more specific as to where and which position of Shaf'ae Madhab I have quoted which is a contradiction?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2020 10:48
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Sorry Brother, I should have been more specifc,

Quote:
The Scholars who believe that random supermarket/KFC/McDonald/Burger king meat is permissible in the West are making a mistake!

I was commenting on the above.

They often site the fact that firstly these people are Ahle-kitab and secondly that it is not necessary to pronounce Allah's سبحانه وتعالى name, during slaughter.

I'm in no position to debate jurisprudence issues and merely relaying information on Mufti Taqi Usmani and Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam position on this issue, for the clarity of others.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2020 17:56

Intrepid wrote:
View original post

I do not have time to read what Mufti Ibn Adam (HA) has to say on the topic, but I have read all the arguments of many Scholars on the issue higher in pay grade then him. The entire book by Mufti Taqi Usmani is here:

www.central-mosque.com/index.php/General-Fiqh/meat-of-ahl...

There are two issues to consider:

1. Dhabiha (see my earlier post) i.e. the mechanical procedure for slaughter
  2. Recitation of Tasmiyyah

The point which you are mentioning is the "accidental" forgetfulness of Tasmiyyah, I have heard this argument from Ulama since 1986 in America and this is the point which they exclusively focus on.

Shaf'ae Madhab DOES NOT allow to consume meat upon which deliberate and repeatedly Tasmiyyah is omitted, it is an error of these Scholars which is exactly what Shaykhul-Islam Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) presented in his research to global scholars.

Following is a good enough summary too:

Yasir Qadhi on meat of Ahlus-Kitaab:

www.facebook.com/yasir.qadhi/posts/ive-received-a-lot-of-...

I've received a lot of queries lately regarding a certain meat company in America and whether it's halal or not. Because I cannot verify that company's policies myself, I will speak in generalities:

1) The majority opinion amongst the madhhabs, and one that I very strongly adhere to, is that only a ritually slaughtered animal is permissible to eat. And 'ritually slaughtered' includes two main conditions: cutting the throat properly while the animal is alive, and mentioning the name of Allah while slaughtering. (There are other conditions as well...)

Ibn Taymiyya writes, "The evidences that require one to mention the name of Allah at the time of slaughter are more numerous and more explicit than the evidences that require the one who prays to recite Surah al-Fatiha in the prayer."

Therefore, in my humble opinion, the meat commonly sold in all non-Muslim lands would not be permissible to eat because we know for a fact that the name of Allah has not been recited at the time of slaughter. [The Shafi'i school of law has another position regarding saying the name of Allah, and considers meat over which Allah's name has not been mentioned to be permissible; therefore we should respect this position and allow Shafi'is to follow their opinion without any belittlement of their position].

2) If a trustworthy Muslim who witnesses or is otherwise familiar with the slaughter informs us that the animal has been slaughtered with these conditions, then the basic ruling is that we trust what this Muslim says, unless and until he proves to be untrustworthy. In other words, Muslims are assumed to tell the truth and no other verification is necessary, unless there are factors that cause us to doubt such a Muslim.

3) If it is uncertain how the animal was slaughtered, the majority opinion (and some have even claimed ijma on this issue) is that for meat issues, we err on the side of caution and consider unknown meat to be impermissible unless and until verified as permissible.

4) If the animal is slaughtered in a such a way that the arteries and oesophagus are not cut (i.e., a 'vertical cut') then such an animal should technically be impermissible according to all schools of Sunni law.

5) If one person, based on his knowledge, believes that the conditions of slaughter have been met, whereas another person, based on his knowledge, believes that it has not been met, in this case the meat will be halal for the first person, haram for the second. Allah will judge our actions based on our intentions and knowledge of the situation.

In all circumstances, Muslims should strive to eat halal so that their duas are accepted and lives blessed; and we should respect the fiqh positions of respected authorities in defining what is halal and what is not.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2020 12:19
I understand why it can be such a problem with marrying a non Muslim woman BUT generally speaking what about the strong feelings they have for each other?
What if the Muslim man is practicing his deen & is encouraged from his non Muslim wife to do so. People say there will be a lot of problems with the kids which can be true only if you don’t speak about the situation with your partner. Before hand you agree what is going to happen..
I mean I understand in ways why it isn’t favoured but the feelings of someone and the happiness inside them is a big thing as well (whilst practicing of course). I don’t mean you don’t practice and just go be happy and do what you want, of course not. & People are saying the Muslim man would fall out of the religion, why?? Why can’t it be the opposite. If the man is practicing and the wife sees this then what makes you think she wouldn’t want to convert?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2020 12:42
GS9shmurda wrote:
View original post

Read the famous Hadith on intention and understand its teachings.

Like I said before, we should really be concerned about reverts and their situations.

Ask ourselves, why we want to marry the person, what attracted us towards them, we did we fall for them, what's the reason for wanting to marry the person.

It's obviously not one of the things we are supposed to look for in the person, i.e. Faith. Is it because of looks, money, lust.....

The Intention is the Foundation of Every Action

Quote:
'Umar Ibn Al-Khattab relates that he heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, say, "Verily actions are by intentions, and for every person is what he intended. So the one whose hijrah was to Allah and His Messenger, then his hijrah was to Allah and His Messenger. And the one whose hijrah was for the world to gain from it, or a woman to marry her, then his hijrah was to what he made hijrah for."

See here for various posts on intentions
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2020 15:14

Quote:
The point which you are mentioning is the "accidental" forgetfulness of Tasmiyyah, I have heard this argument from Ulama since 1986 in America and this is the point which they exclusively focus on.

Shaf'ae Madhab DOES NOT allow to consume meat upon which deliberate and repeatedly Tasmiyyah is omitted, it is an error of these Scholars which is exactly what Shaykhul-Islam Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA) presented in his research to global scholars

Actually respected Mufti Taqi sahib has erred on presenting the shafi view on this issue.

islamqa.org/shafii/shafiifiqh/30098
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2020 15:19
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

See above post

Quote:
Summary

• The official view of both Imām ash-Shāfi‘ī and his school considers the dhabihah of one who intentionally omits the tasmiyah as halal.

• The dhabihah of one who omits the tasmiyah istikhfāfan is haram.

• Tahāwun with the proffered meaning above will not be equated to istikhfāf in the Shāfi‘ī school. Thus the dhabihah of a Muslim who constantly omits the tasmiyah will be halal.

islamqa.org/shafii/shafiifiqh/30098
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2020 21:00
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Interesting and enlightening read, nevertheless either way, doesn't justify eating non-Muslim meat in the west.

https://islamqa.org/shafii/qibla-shafii/34063

Quote:
The meat that is sold in supermarkets and restaurants in countries with small Muslim populations, such as the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and other countries, does not generally meet the conditions of a valid Islamic slaughter and is not permissible to eat.

Some Muslims argue that the Shafi`i school permits eating such meat. This is a mistake. The meat that is prevalently available in such lands is not halal and impermissible to eat even according to the Shafi`i school.

This thread is officially derailed.
+1 -0