Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Changing decisions

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2019 00:11
Salaam

I make some decision and i tell ALLAH that tomorrow onwards i will be doing or avoiding it, till a month or so.but later i feel like i need to change it for whatever reason.

Can i change it? Or it will be like breaking oath with Allah? I am very scared of it. I say in dua mostly that i will be doing this n this. Some tasks I complete some i had to change only because i change my mind or i feel burdened or not ready for it mentally.

Please let me know I had made a decision recently but i want to delay it as i am not prepared for it. Can i change it. Or it will be sin doing so?

I did say at that time that inshaAllah i will try to do this etc

should stop talking like that? N just go with my tasks or decisions or I should not?

Thanks for any help
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2019 15:35
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Assalamu alaikum

The Fiqh of Oaths

Quote:
I did say at that time that inshaAllah i will try to do this etc

From the link given above:

"The vow has to be free from exception of Allah's intention and will. If so, the vow will be vain. For example, the oath of somebody who says: I swear by Allah that I will travel with you tomorrow, if Allah wills [Insha Allah] is vain. The Prophet (May Allah be send peace and mercy upon him) said: He who swears and then says: If Allah wills, will not be sinful [by oath braking]."
+0 -0Agree x 1Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2019 16:00
Vow is different, otherwise this is a common problem, we all suffer from it off and on.

Try to keep your relations with Allah swt simple. Consider the essentials as essential, as for the rest of the things keep your options open. Keep intention that if you could do ‘extra work’ you would do, otherwise don’t stress yourself. The best Din is the simplest of all.
+2 -0Agree x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2019 16:55

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Respectfully disagree with this half-response.

Based on information provided. If the two Sisters have had private conversation about the details of this question then the answer may be relevant.

Muslimah S wrote:
I make some decision and i tell ALLAH that tomorrow onwards i will be doing or avoiding it, till a month or so.but later i feel like i need to change it for whatever reason

In the text above, she is making a "decision" and not an Oath or a Promise, see examples below:

1. From tomorrow, I will be a Vegetarian because of Health Reasons
  2. From tomorrow, I take an Oath upon Allah Ta'ala I will pray Tahajjud

These are two separate scenarios

Please don't try to scare the Sister for unnecessary reasons, in the question and in the details above, she has not made a vow nor made an Oath so in the Madhab of Imam Abu Haeenfa (RA) she has no reason to worry.

Sister, do not make your life heard by over-thinking it and remember that not response you are getting is right. Please join a group with Ulama to get the right answers to your query.

Jazakallahu Khayran

+1 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2019 17:27
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair sister for your response. I have now got to know about oath, vow and swear as they have got their separate rulings.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2019 17:39
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Ok inshaAllah i will

JazakAllah khair brother
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2019 17:45
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair brother.

The decision was about my diet habits. I need to include and exclude some food choices. My brother is avoiding white sugar Completely I thought its nothing but it IS really some effort that needs your will power. I felt like i need to do it later.

Just to connect, Brother Nouman Ali khan said you can talk to ALLAH coming back from work on the way, etc i was more like sharing my plan with Allah. But then i was scared for not following what i said earlier. Thats why i came here.

You think we shouldn’t talk like that? Please do let me know. Thank you
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2019 18:03

Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

I did not say that.

I said that your words don't amount to be a "vow" or a "promise" from what you have written thus you don't need to worry about it from an Islamic perspective and with due respect the other Sister's response is not correct to your question in my unqualified understanding.

I said that you don't need to worry.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2019 18:05
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Brother i checked the link. Are they the one who are in bradford? I joined one whatsapp group that were Ulma from Bradford in Ramdhan but then left they are more concern about fixed rulings and give u one line reply. My problems are more like social or you can say psychological. Alhamdulillah i get much good advices here and for that i am thankful to you all. I prefer asking here as most of fatwas are in general which i can search online as well. But here i get to know in simple words and with much explanation and examples also with moral support that i CAN do it. Dont under estimate yourself. Etc I do remember the time, my initial posts here, where you all helped me by the will of ALLAH. Like a family.Alhamdulillah.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2019 18:06
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Oh i get it now. Thanks a lot.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 10th November 2019 00:24
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

Bismillah.

Not sure what exact step by step method NAK was prescribing.

I heard Mufti Taqi Usmani (DB). Mention a similar spiritual prescription in a bayaan. ( And I am paraphrasing).

He stated that many people ask for some form of Zikr to be prescribed for them for various needs. But most people dont understand the status of Dua. Or that Dua in itself is a form of Zikr.

Infact Dua is the essence of worship and Allah loves the servants who ask of their needs.

With In dua the servant humbles themselves before their creator and acknowledges that he/she is not capable of accomplishing anything without the help and assistant of Allah.

Mufti Taqi Usmani (DB) stated that when one is out and about or going to and from work etc.The person should make dua silently in the heart, asking Allah for each and every need. This way the persons heart is continously attached to Allah. They will get immense reward and blessings in their lives.

For example, Ya Allah ensure my bus is on time, Ya Allah make my journey easy and comfortable, Ya Allah help me reach work on time, Ya Allah enable me to find everyone at work in a state of khayr and aafiyah. Ya Allah easy all my tasks at work for me today.

In short make dua for everything if you are feeling cold make dua, if you feeling hot make dua, if you are feeling hungry or thirsty make dua, and so on and so forth.

As far as the example you have given. Then perhaps it would have been better to ask Allah for help. "Ya Allah I am trying to give up sugar, Ya Allah I am finding it difficult, Ya Allah please help me, Ya Allah I am not capable of accomplishing anything except through your help and assistance. "

In Sha Allah the above is of benefit.

+8 -0Like x 4Winner x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 12th November 2019 16:26
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

JazakAllah khair brother i will be following it inshaAllah
No post ratings