Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

What is a Multipotentialite?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 8th September 2019 15:16
As far as Islah and it's method is concerned, I have a big difference of opinion here.

I have a strict father who used to daily slap me while I would be doing homework. The only subject in which I was weak was Maths. Because of this treatment on daily basis, I lost interest in Maths and eventually in science subjects altogether. Instead of this method of islah helping me, it destroyed me educationally.

These are not 1960s. Our elders must consider this. Harsh way of islah is only the last resort.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 8th September 2019 15:22
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

It makes sense that in this day and age people need more love. But eventually would the approach need to change once the person desirous of change begins to mature.

No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 8th September 2019 15:29
eastmidlands wrote:
View original post

Harsh treatment is for those who don't want to change or extremely stubborn. I have never seen anything good coming out of shouts, taunts, kicks and slaps.

Making someone work hard is a different thing. Beating someone unnecessarily is totally a different thing. Being a little strict is necessary. However, excessive strictness can only make matters worse.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 8th September 2019 15:37
And obviously, the world around us is changing and new ideas are emerging. It doesn't mean that the same rules apply to everyone. I believe that being multi-talented is a good thing. And being innovative in dunia and thinking out of the box is not a bad thing.

Yes, we need sacrifices to progress. This much is very true.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6G3QcpoJd4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJORi5VO1F8

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 8th September 2019 17:02

eastmidlands wrote:
View original post

Every child and every human needs love but love doesn't mean that you turn away from clear error and wrong ways. I also never said to beat and slap children/people either.

I am just saying that current generation is molly cuddled to a large degree and elders/Seniors/Ulama just let them talk when these guys are clearly wrong.

Teach and train people, make their Tarbiyah but don't overlook clear non-sense just because you love someone. There is a reason why our young brothers don't know how to bring up their children because their parents never taught them discipline.

+0 -0Agree x 3
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2019 17:02
My Advice To The Youngsters

You can't remain consistent until you don't find your passion (provided that it is within the bounds of Shariah). Don't do it just to please your elders. Live for others but don't let others live your life.

Therefore, search for your passion and then stick to it. And in order to do so you need to experiment and try different things before finally deciding what your true passion is.

You can only rise to the fullest of your potential if you are truly into what you do. Learn to say No! because later on no one accepts the blame and even if the others do then it's of no use.

Also do not worry about what others will think. They will be angry. They will shout. They will tease. They will taunt. But if you remain steadfast, they will become quiet and accept it. And you can only remain consistent if you are truly passionate about it.
No post ratings