Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Can someone bring you good fortune with their glance?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2019 00:51
I heard in a lecture as how there exists Evil eye, so there exists Fortunate/blessed Eye. Nazr e Haq. When a pious or a person with high potentials throw glance at other, they bring fortune or some great change/favour upon them. Then the speaker quoted that phrase
Nigah e mardEmomin se badal jate han takdeeren.

Is that true?
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2019 12:22
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

This is new to me. Dua changes Taqdeer

Until there is no evidence of this, I cannot accept it. Everything happens by the Will of Allah. If something is decreed by Allah, it'll happen.

For me to accept that some ones glance will bring good fortune etc etc sound dodgy to me, Allahu alum.

And I'll split the thread into a new topic
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2019 14:50
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Actually, it is the same topic, with a little poetic misunderstanding;)

The answer is a clear NO, only Allah swt can change taqdeer, that is why we make dua, a request to Allah swt, and dua is ibadat, so we are not allowed to ask anyone else.

اياك نعبد و اياك نستعين

Poets talk in metaphors, here by ‘nigah’, or a glance/vision, the poet means ‘to be attentive towards’. It is, what we call ‘kenning’ in English literature...

Now, if a pious person is ‘attentive towards somebody’ , he may make dua for him, he may teach him how to get close to Allah swt by KEEPING CORRECT AQAID and by refraining from sins. He may educate him in how to take care of ‘Huqooq ul Ibad’ etc.All those things may change the course of his life in a positive way with resultant positive outcome in dunya and akhira for him.

That is how earning the ‘attention’ of MARD E MOMIN (a pious Momin) helps, in changing one,s life in a good way.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2019 14:58
ALIF wrote:
View original post

That's correct but not by glance as in the opposite of evil eye
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2019 15:43
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Agreed, i intentionally did not want to go into metaphysics,otherwise,it is not such an impossible thing even by a ‘glance’...

The physical world may or may not change with a glance, but the ‘inner world’ does change ! The sufi literature is full of such events, mentioned even in authentic books. They call it ‘tawajjo’, again meaning ‘to be attentive towards’ or ‘focusing one’s thoughts on something’. Me and you may not agree with it, but it does exist, though extremely rare, and not everyone who claims it, can actually perform it.

The mechanism of this rare phenomenon and that of evil eye is roughly the same, the results of a focused mind, with a difference.While ‘the evil eye’ is an ‘instinctive phenomena’ where the one who is casting the evil eye may not even be aware of what he/she has done, the art of ‘tawajjo’ requires hard practice over a long period of time, and it is almost always intentional.

The technical details of this art may not be of interest to many people,so i shall leave it.

One more thing, our ‘thoughts’ are as much a creation of Allah swt as is our physical body. Allah swt has granted us this ability and we are allowed to use this ability just like we are allowed to use our hands and feet. Those who learn to use their physical body can perform the apparently impossible and amazing rituals of gymnastics. The same way, those who learn to use their minds to their maximum advantage, can perform things which others can not....
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2019 17:34
ALIF wrote:
View original post

If i looked at you with the best of intentions and the best of praises of Allah, it does not have the same type effect of that of the Evil eye!

The Evil eye can be cast by almost anyone, intentionally or unintentionally.

Whereas the, "Angelic Eye" doesn't exist per say in our daily lives.

A man can learn to float and become a mystic, but this doesn't mean that anyone/everyone will be able to do it, intentionally or unintentionally.

To smile is Sunnah and it is also Sadaqah. So if one does smile at his brother/sister in Islam, they will have a positive "benefit" but I wouldn't say it would have a physical benefit/effect.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2019 17:40
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

It is alright sir, I don’t insist, rather I wanted to avoid this subject to begin with, and that is why I did not mention it initially. We will rest it here :)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2019 00:26
One topic i have not understood or cannot attempt to defend Deobandis ( or anyone else for that matter) on is the tasawuf that involves tareeqas, and the various incidents quoted in books like Mashaik e Chist. Among such incidents are the ones involving tawajjuh as mentioned above.

Yes i can defend tasawuf in general and miracles performed by Sufis in the past. But some stories mentioned by the akabir are on a different level.
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2019 00:37
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Yes brother thats making sense. Allah knows best.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2019 00:38
ALIF wrote:
View original post

You have different knowledge than bro abu Mohmmed? Why is there some conflict in it? Everything should be similar. Why you not willing to explain?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2019 01:59
Muslimah S wrote:
View original post

No sister,our knowledge is the same... it may be the difference of opinion or simply different ways of expressing the same thing. Abu Muhammad is a man of immense knowledge and wisdom, he knows how to put forward things in a nice and easy to understand way, and at the same time, he tries to keep all the discussion focused on the basic concepts of Din, which is a praise worthy quality. MashaAllah.

Why I am not willing to explain ? That is, because I am unable to defend myself by quoting directly from Quran and Hadeeth, so better not to insist on my opinion. That does not mean that there is no reference available, it is my own deficiency in knowledge. Sometimes we speak or write from personal experiences, but when we are asked to provide evidence, we fail to do so. In such cases it is better to retreat rather than putting forward a lousy argument :)

Having said that, i am sure that ‘tawajjo’ does exist, and it sometimes transforms the whole personality of the one who receives it, that the ‘basic mechanism’ of tawajjo and evil eye is the same, that evil eye can not be done by ‘will full’ thinking and that tawajjo is mostly done by will and intention.

For example, you like a particular garment in a wedding ceremony and you then sit in a corner thinking out of jealousy that the person wearing that garment be cursed (God forbid), no matter how strongly you ‘will’ it and for how long you keep trying, nothing will happen. It is only ‘the moment’ when you ‘spontaneously’ and intensely like something (with or without jealousy) when your mind gets focused completely on that particular garment and the person wearing it, that the concentrated beam of thoughts acts like a laser, penetrating all the defences of that poor chap, and harm her/ him.

The same thing happens in tawajjo, but this time it is intentional, controlled and directed towards the ‘target’ for achieving some particular results, usually positive results but may be negative. Concentrated thoughts are like a knife, it depends upon the user if he wants to use it positively or negatively...

As for the physical effects, i don’t need to prove that every decision is first made by our mind, and then our body acts according to the dictates of our mind. We can safely say, that the mind is the master of the body. We get angry first and then the mind directs our body to kick or punch or shout and not the other way round. So, it is our mind indirectly creating the ‘physical’ effects. The same phenomena goes on the recipent side, the mind is affected first leading to physical illness. That is why, most of those affected by evil eye can not be treated by doctors, the effects has to be removed from the mind first....

BTW , read the Hadith mentioned in this thread once again. The sahabi who was affected by the evil eye got “convulsions”. Evil eye, irrespective of it being caused by jealousy or ‘awe’ (because of his beauty) is after all a ‘thought’ and the result is ‘convulsion’ which is very much physical...

But as i said, i don’t have enough knowledge to prove my point, so better keep silent :)
+6 -0Like x 6
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2019 06:05
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I'm still not sure what you are implying here. Are you saying the infliction of misfortune upon someone through evil eye is not changing Taqdeer but the infliction of good fortune upon someone through angelic eye is changing taqdeer? Hence your concern that only dua can change taqdeer so the latter is not possible? But if the latter is changing taqdeer so would the former be.

No one here is implying that the infliction of good fortune through angelic eye is something Allah cannot control. Same as no one can imply that misfortune through evil eye is out of Allah's control. Both events would be occurring with the permission and Will of Allah. The moment Allah Wills it not to happen, it won't happen. So if someone wants to inflict evil eye upon someone and Allah Wills it to not happen no matter how evil that eye is, nothing will come of it.
Now I don't know the Sharaee ruling on this so-called angelic eye but the same principle as above applies to it as well. Even if some aalim or buzurg tells of its existence, they are by no means implying that it is a way of changing taqdeer. It is still everything happening with the Will and Permission of Allah.

Keep in mind that there is a Hadith, the gist of which is that nothing supersedes the Will of Allah but if there was something that would have superseded it, it would have been nazar-e-bad.
+2 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2019 08:44
ALIF wrote:
Abu Muhammad is a man of immense knowledge and wisdom, he knows how to put forward things in a nice and easy to understand way, and at the same time, he tries to keep all the discussion focused on the basic concepts of Din

I am no way a man of knowledge, forget immense knowledge!
My knowledge is very very basic. I don't understand many topics of the Deen which are not exactly 100% essential, so I don't get involved in them much.
I find it easy to understand basic instructions, so I tend to give back in the same way. Yes I like to start focused on the basic concepts of the Deen. I don't see the point in getting into complex issues when I can't comprehend the basics :)

Otherwise, I'm here to share and learn in order to gain some thawab.

fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Al Ain Al-Haq!
I'm not suggesting anything contrary to the Deen.
Qadr is a complex topic. What is decreed will happen regardless of how. Dua can change qadr and that means something that was destined to happen - changed its course due to the Dua and qadr took another route.

I don't know if The Evil Eye changes qadr like Dua. This could've already been destined.

I can only go by evidence. Evidence says, Dua can change destiny.

Of course, nothing happens without the Will of Allah. Even the Dua made, is made by the Will of Allah and Allah knows where and why that Dua will be used to change the course of one's future.

When Dua changes our destiny, it's not something we will even know about.

Allahu alum.

@concerned - I agree I not my topic of understanding too :)

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2019 15:17
I think the main point of disagreement here is this verse:
نگاہ مرد مومن سے بدل جاتی ہیں تقدیریں

I don't believe Allama Iqbal meant it in the literal sense, he just used it as a way of expression. And we all know that poets like to intensify and exaggerate their feelings and thoughts.
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2019 20:17
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

It could be taken in that context like you focus your eyes over sky for a while having some Dua intended or some need in your heart. And its answered.

No post ratings